Theft is Depressing...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hypestyle

...It's been a heck of a week so far.. just the other afternoon, I went to a local bookstore for a book-signing/lecture..
I really enjoyed the presentation, and so after it was over, I was feeling pretty good, until I started my truck and I hear these ungodly sounds coming from it.. ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
.. So I make it to the dealership/service center I frequent, and it turns out some knucklehead(s) used some kinda tool to slice off **** near my entire catalytic converter from the underside of the truck, presumably to sell the metal for some quick cash.. (In broad daylight, near a major thoroughfare, and... sigh...)

also at the bookstore I picked up a book about depression.. I think I'm going to need it.. alas, my loneliness is sometimes the least of my worries..

Hype,

I feel for you!

I once had a car accident because the woman in front of me SLAMMED on her brakes, coming to a full stop, at the bottom of a hill in heavy traffic.

I was injured (the airbag blew up and broke my wrist and its' been messed up ever since) and then, to top that lovely day off, the guy who towed my car stole an entire case of CD'--including some rare cds and import cds, some of which I cannot even remember the names of, so I can't replace them even if I wanted to!

I know how you feel. But I do believe that karma is a *****!

Gee LG, you must of hit that car very hard for the airbags to inflate.
Anyway, one night I went to do some grocery shopping, came back to my car and my stereo system had been stolen. They virtually just ripped it out of my car, and caused alot of damage to the wiring loom.
I was only gone for about five minutes!:(

I remember back in high school two weeks after I had gotten my drivers license. I had borrowed my fathers car. When the day was over I was going to drive a friend home, but we couldn't find the car on the parking lot. Yep, someone had stolen it. Ah, memories!

Crimes of opportunity. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter what it is, if someone sees something they can steal, away it goes. I had an older mountain bike once, must have had 10,000 miles on it, it was basically a beater. One time I left it locked up in the back of a truck, which was parked right out in front of my own house. When I came out 10 minutes later, it was gone! Ah, but they stole the wrong bike, since unbeknownst to the thieving party, I'd broken the frame once in a bad crash and the welds were about done.. I often wonder if the individual who stole my old bike didn't end up crashing it and then wondering why bad things always seem to happen to them.. :rolleyes:

I dont have a car (or a license for that matter...or a permit....) but Ive had belongings stolen from me and wondered what kind of person would do that (the stuff stolen was personal and in no way could have benefitted them....a**h013'5) I can understand if someone was to steal electronics or something of value, but pictures and letters and memento's from people I havent seen in years and a friend who died is just cruelty and abuse in my opinion. I can always buy another ipod or fix a broken possesion, but I will never get those words back and I can barely remember the pictures that were lost.

Life sucks, so we better stock up on lollypops.

Hypestyle said:
...some knucklehead(s) used some kinda tool to slice off **** near my entire catalytic converter from the underside of the truck, presumably to sell the metal for some quick cash.. (In broad daylight, near a major thoroughfare, and... sigh...)

I have heard that some people do that but never heard from anyone who had it happen to them. To make it even worse the cost of replacement is so much more then whatever they can get out of it. Kind of like when i had to spent $210.00 to get an auto window replaced and all the thief could find to steal, after breaking in, was three pennies.

Latest posts

Back