Facebook sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
It reveals everything about people including people from my past and present.

I currently work in a crappy job and there was this guy that left the work place a month ago. He was so bossy and thought that he was better than everyone else (he is not) and one fine day, I couldn't take it anymore and screamed and yelled at him.

So fast forward to the future, I now came across his facebook and added him. I looked through his pictures and was envious of his relationship with a really fat lady and her with him too.

I mean, I spent all my life with my weight fluctuating up and down and even if I didn't pull in a single friend or boyfriend, it's fine...but yet, I got teased for being fat by past peers and now, my stepmum and dad.

Also, there was this girl colleague that added me thereafter and there was this IQ thing (which I did years ago) and I clicked on it and leads me to see all my friends' IQ.

I was quite surprised to see that both of them were 20 points lower than my tested IQ because both of them was acting oh-so-superior and putting people down.

Now I really feel like an idiot for being put down by them and bringing me down to their level a few months ago. I am now lucky that they are not working with me too much right now (whew)

Anyways, like I've said, facebook sucks again as today, an old classmate from high school (the only one I actually requested to be friends with) accepted my friend request and because of this , I could easily pry into my other high school classmates' profiles too.

I came across this girl that used to be so loud and mean and reading the comments, I was so shocked to know that she was taking a course that is similar to mine but on a higher level (I didn't want to take that course yet because simply I have no confidence in myself, but i'm planning to take it soon next year)

I was actually curious to know which college she went to, because I really pray that she isn't in mine (there is only two popular college that is offering the course) But alas, of course I couldn't see anything.

Anyways I deleted him soon after looking at 3 -4 people's profile and enough was enough.

I don't know why I still have this thing call 'facebook'. I think I only have it because i'm such a stalker and also, I actually look decent in some of the pictures i posted so it really satisfy my inner narcissism.

I got no actual friends commenting, I feel under appreciated, depressed and unworthy...I honestly think that it only worsens my already warped perspective of life.

So why am I still having this thing call "facebook" ... again??

(hehe)

This is like the 5th "facebook sucks" thread this month.

Anyone seeing a pattern here? :p

FACEBUTT IS THE DEVIL, STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!

I love satisfying my inner narcissism too. ;) and idk, for me, facebook brings a few problems. My freshman and sophomore year of high school was very drama induced. It was a bad experience to say the least. So I'm transferring schools for my junior year. I deleted my facebook and made a new one, cuz I wanted to forget everybody. But somehow this one kid managed to find me. Whatever. I got bored writing my story, I doubt it's even important to you. O__o;;

I only use facebook to keep in touch with people. They're friends, but not close enough that they talk to me very often. If they weren't posting on FB, I'd never hear from them again. It's actually pretty annoying and I'll probably just remove them from my list eventually.

I haven't have anyone from my past ever friend request me and I'm thankful of that. But if I did get a request, I'd probably deny it. There were no nice people in my past.

So, I mainly keep my profile for 2 or 3 people who I actually still speak to, a couple of family members, and a couple of games I enjoy playing *hides bejeweled blitz addiction*

I don't get any real problems out of it because I keep those who annoy me the most away. I'd never add anyone who treated me like crap or put me down. They don't deserve to be anywhere around me, even online.

Badjedidude said:
FACEBUTT IS THE DEVIL, STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!

Facebutt? I prefer the term 'Faecesbook' :p

My profile remains deactivated for 90% of the time... it's only when I get the faintest whiff that people are spreading rumours about me that I go on it and check what's happening :rolleyes2:

What is this "facebook" thing?

yea it does suck. i see things on it and it makes my mind go all over the place.

Caroline said:
Gem said:
Don't take it so seriously. It's just facebook ;)

Agreed. Btw, if that's you on your avatar, you look pretty. ^o^!!

Hehe yes it is me thanku hun :) and i just saw ur pic yesterday and thought the same thing about you! lol :D

I ask myself the same question why do I have this. I have Only had it for a few days. However, I do not update it and none of the people I friended say anything to me.

I guess there is a reason for it... maybe I want to prove I am a social failure. Maybe you want to do the same. Maybe I think it will be a gateway to meeting people. Who knows right?

I am sure there is some use for it. Like seeing how that guy settled for that lady. Or to be friends with a loser like me :p

I hate logging on to Facebook only to be welcomed by the updates and goings-on of my so-called Facebook 'friends'. They announce things like 'I had such a great time with so-and-so today' and 'That party was awesome' and 'I love my new girlfriend so much'.

I am happy for them don't get me wrong - but reading about the things that they say to one another makes me feel even more upset and depressed about my pathetic life. Sometimes I've even cried over comments I've read and I'm not afraid to admit it, not because the comments upset me, it's because they really made me think about my life and how my life is so bad in comparison to other people's lives. The thing that hit the most is when I read about my old friends I used to go to school with, and how their lives are now and how much they've changed and moved on, and it's really hits me emotionally how fulfilling and eventful their lives are compared to mine. I often have the urge to send them a message and get talking with them again but most of the people I used to know have probably forgotten about me now.

Mausolos said:
Facebook sucks because:

1 - We need to post our pictures there and I'm too ugly to post pics online.

2 - If someone you added becomes an annoying person to you, you have nowhere to run to scape from their messages. Unless if you abandon the account.

3 - Since your virtual persona is anchored at a specifical page, you become an easy target for trolls, foes and everyone else who hates you.

4 - If you are a male, 30 or older, and single, that is enough for you to be considered a suspect person and to get in trouble only for having opened a page at MySpace or Facebook... People will automatically think that there MUST BE something really wrong about you... Some paranoid would look at your profile and think: "34, single, looking for friends? What? Most of the people who frequent sites like that are in their late teens or early 20's why is this guy looking for friends among people who are 10 to 15 years younger than him in average? Oh yeas he must be a paedophile!!! Let's call the poliiiiiiiiiiice!!!"

These are the reasons Facebook and MySpace sucks. I'm not seting my virtual feet on these places.

:eek: Old people have a facebook too! lol My grandpa has one and he is 70 <.< (obsesssed with mafia wars though). But I get what you're trying to say :/

i get sad that i don't have as much of a social life as some of the other people i used to have on facebook. >__>

Facebook needs to be not taken seriously. Also, people make there lives appear much more interesting than it really is by updating constantly to give the appearance of "super social". It's all an illusion. I have a facebook but seldom read other people's profiles. Just have it to get messages out to people without having to call or text.

Latest posts

Back