An Irreplaceable Fullmetal Heart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFrozenSoul

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

You know I find inspiration in the weirdest places... well I guess we all find inspiration from art of some kind. Today mine comes from Fullmetal Alchemist, the manga. The best part about this quote is I do not need to explain the story for it to have meaning.

]SPOILER ALERT fans of the series there are some serious spoilers in this image. So here is the quote if you do not want to be spoiled. This is literally the last page of the manga.
Hiromu Arakawa said:
A lesson without pain is meaningless.
You cannot gains something without sacrificing something in return.
But once you have overcome it and made it your own...
You will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart.
This really struck a chord within me. Not just because I read the whole series either. Because after reading That quote I realize that I was being greedy. I was trying To preserve myself, while becoming a new person at the same time. I thinking now I can officially let go. I realize that to change I need to give something up. Often times to gain something worth while we have to give up something precious. That is one of the main tones of the manga. You do not get something for nothing. People who do are generally shallow, weak and corrupt. I will not be one of these people. I am going to let got And become stronger.

Once I get a working printer I am printing out that page and putting it up in my room. Facebook will be getting that quote as well as here.

If this quote strikes you as hard as it struck me share your thoughts. I hope this can give some of you hope, and lead you down a better path.

That's friggen awesome. I agree, I've watched the show from time to time, good show :)

That's also good ideas too... I used to pin up qoutes on the wall and such... helps make ones environment more positive and constant good reminders are always a good influence.

"There's always a way forward, but there's no way back." - Dean Koontz (The Darkest Evening of the Year, Page: 56)

Latest posts

Back