A thanking system

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nostalgia

I wonder if a feature could be implemented where people can thank each others posts, lot's of forums these days have something similar this, and I think it's a great way for people to thank and appreciate the hard work of others.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, whenever someone makes a post that you like or agree with you can simply thank them by pressing a thanks button. I think this will also cut down on the need for spam posts like 'good post' or 'I agree' when a simple thank is all you need to show appreciation to the poster.

Like reputation - thanks is recorded on a person profile. There is usually two sections.
-how many times has a member has been thanked by other members
-how many times has a member thanked other members

So for example it would say:
- 'Nostalgia' has been thanked 10 times in 6 posts.

I thought that might be a good idea that could be brought to this forum. The Moderators/Admin what do you think?

I thought of a thanking system too. Many forums have it. But Bjarne has to add it.

i think it sounds like a good idea if its something that could be done.

It would be a great addition to the forum if it was implemented, I've already said this, but a thanking system has become a modern trend amoung most forums these days and I don't want to see this forum fall behind on any new advancements that could be made. I'm still waiting for what the moderators think about this idea.

It's not up to the mods. If you want to PM anyone about it, PM Bjarne, the owner and creator of this forum. But to be honest he's not around a whole lot, so it might be a few weeks or months before he responds. *shrug*

Badjedidude said:
It's not up to the mods. If you want to PM anyone about it, PM Bjarne, the owner and creator of this forum. But to be honest he's not around a whole lot, so it might be a few weeks or months before he responds. *shrug*

I checked Bjarne's profile and he was last active on the 13th of June, which is almost a month ago, so I didn't bother to send him a P.M.

Seeing as Bjarne isn't very active on the forum, I think it would be a good idea if Moderators were allowed to make changes on the forum as a way to keep things updated. Or maybe a Super Moderator could be appointed so that they could have the same privileges as Bjarne and they manage and update the forum when Bjarne isn't here.

Your thoughts?

Lol again, you'd have to discuss it with Bjarne, as the current moderators don't have the power to give themselves more powers. :p

It's all up to Bjarne. There's nothing the mods can do to make changes, all they can do is moderate the forum. So again, PM Bjarne to talk to him about it. :p

OK I sent bjarne a message, I don't know when the message will get to him, but I hope he reads and considers what I've said and with in any luck gives me a response and his thoughts on this matter.

Nostalgia said:
Badjedidude said:

I checked Bjarne's profile and he was last active on the 13th of June, which is almost a month ago, so I didn't bother to send him a P.M.

Seeing as Bjarne isn't very active on the forum, I think it would be a good idea if Moderators were allowed to make changes on the forum as a way to keep things updated. Or maybe a Super Moderator could be appointed so that they could have the same privileges as Bjarne and they manage and update the forum when Bjarne isn't here.

Your thoughts?

That's still up to Bjarne to add. It's not a matter of opinion; It's a matter of having DB access to add it.

Latest posts

Back