South Texas????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueindia2681

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of us lonelifers are from REALLY south texas or if it's just me? That would make me pretty lonely if I was the only one;)

I'm not from America, but I've always wanted to live in a place like Texas or any of those southwestern states such as Arizona, Utah, Nevada, I love everything about them from the climate to the way of life and I'm sick of this terrible weather in England.

I suspect a good percentage of this forum lives in America and I reckon there are some people who come from Texas amongst us that you can talk to. :)

I'm just bored at work and was wondering if anyone was in my area on here;)

Btw...i know a guy from England(not sure exactly where) and he came to college here in south texas then stuck around cuz he loved the weather. I have never been to England but am pretty sure I would prefer our weather over yours ;)

I have lived in Arizona and southern California before. Now i live within 30 minutes of a great BEACH. So despite my lonliness I do love my location =)

You wouldn't like the weather here, when we get American tourists who visit England or come here on Holiday (or vacation as you call it;)) they complain about the weather more than us because they are not used to it, and they are more accustomed to lovely weather of America.

Despite our weather, I am like you, I love the location I'm in. I live right next to the beach and I consider it a luxury that I can go down to beach any time I want. :)

blueindia2681 said:
Just wondering if any of us lonelifers are from REALLY south texas or if it's just me? That would make me pretty lonely if I was the only one;)

im from QLD australia which is the same size as texas id love to visit texas my cousin was a cowboy ranchhand there for a few years

hi. i live in south texas in the rio grande valley. i'm originally from florida but i've lived here for six years now. how are you?

I'm great. How are you? I'm actually at work right now. Work in Browntown but live in Harlingen. You?

freedom said:
hi. i live in south texas in the rio grande valley. i'm originally from florida but i've lived here for six years now. how are you?

blueindia2681 said:
I'm great. How are you? I'm actually at work right now. Work in Browntown but live in Harlingen. You?

freedom said:

i'm great, thanks for asking :) i'm at work too. i live in rural edinburg but i work in mcallen. it's like a 35 minute ride to work everyday.

I like how you specified RURAL edinburg =) I imagine that can't be a fun drive if you wake up late on a workday. Hard not to be lonely in rural areas..........

when you're right, you're right. there is literally nothing to do out where i live. the mall is 40 minutes away, wal-mart is 15 minutes away, barnes & noble is 30 minutes away, etc. i just spend my time at home reading or watching tv because it's a long trip to town. the drive to work is quite long, but the scenery is alright. i like to sing in the car on my ride to work. i love singing luis miguel's songs. what kind of music do you like?

I never tire of hearing that i'm right ;)

I am a big fan of country but also like a little bit of everything. Usually listening to 106.3 or 104.9 when i'm in the car =) And i ALWAYS sing in the car. It's sooo liberating.

freedom said:
when you're right, you're right. there is literally nothing to do out where i live. the mall is 40 minutes away, wal-mart is 15 minutes away, barnes & noble is 30 minutes away, etc. i just spend my time at home reading or watching tv because it's a long trip to town. the drive to work is quite long, but the scenery is alright. i like to sing in the car on my ride to work. i love singing luis miguel's songs. what kind of music do you like?

cool! i don't really listen to the radio, but i'm guessing those are country music stations. yes, music is liberating. i learned to sing from my mom. she used to be the lead singer of a gospel band when she was young and single named "getsemani". i'm actually thinking of launching myself as an artist. i'm not sure though... i might go through with it.

Wow. You should totally do it if that's what you are contemplating. We only live once so we have to try everything we want to NOW:)

Does your mother still sing like in the choir or something?

freedom said:
cool! i don't really listen to the radio, but i'm guessing those are country music stations. yes, music is liberating. i learned to sing from my mom. she used to be the lead singer of a gospel band when she was young and single named "getsemani". i'm actually thinking of launching myself as an artist. i'm not sure though... i might go through with it.

thanks for the inspiration :)

unfortunately, my mom doesn't sing anymore. she had heart surgery about ten years ago, and it's very difficult for her to sing because of it. she'll get winded and her heart races for some strange reason. sometimes, we'll jam at the house (she plays the guitar and i play the alto sax), but those sessions are usually very short lived.

do you play any instruments?

i don't =(

in junior high i played the clarinet for awhile but THAT was short lived. it sounds like you are close to your mother. that's a goodthing. I'm very close to my mother and sister.

yeah, we're pretty close. i only played the alto in middle school, not high school. i don't play as often now as i did back then, but i'm still pretty good at it.

are your mother and sister your only family?

my mom and brother are mine.

Yeah my dad remarried then decided he didn't want anything to do with his "old family". So it's us and our 3 dogs.

oh, sorry to hear that. the same holds true for us.

anyway, on to more happy subjects, what do you do for a living?

i'm an accountant and inventory manager working for a car dealership.

hahaha....i'm an accountant as well. just started a new job as property accounts manager =) hey i'm leaving from work now....i will try to get on tonight. if not see you tomorrow! bye bye=)

Latest posts

Back