dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have had quite a few dreams in the last 6 months that relate to my loneliness. luckily within a few days i cant remember them... except one. i wish that it would get out of my head. of all the ones that my mind didnt forget... sigh... it kind of makes me feel pathetic because of what happens in the dream.

my dreams are the only place where i feel happy, safe, free. as steve smith once said, "in the real world, things often suck", and in my dreams i'm free to do what i please. it's my natural high. i've been trying like hell to master lucid dreaming, which is the act of controlling your dreams. some people are lucky and are naturals at this, but i'm not. when you're as lonely as i, dreaming is something you look forward to. i often wish i could fall asleep and never wake again. just escape from this material world and live in my dreams.

Yes. I feel in my dreams the same than RL. There can be huge bunch of people in my dreams but I feel I am so far away from them and I cannot get any connection to them.

My dreams are awesome. I do have some emotional dreams before, but for some reason I feel better waking up from one of those.

It's kind of the opposite for me. I tend to have dreams that take place in the past, and I'm surrounded by friends, etc. And then I wake up and I get sad that it was only a dream....

I just wonder how its feels like a good slp without a single dream...I hate dreams coz its annoying sometimes & even scary..

im tired of my dreams lately. they are either about my lonileness, this girl i like, or both. its starting to get annoying to wake up from these dreams and then not be able to go back to sleep because i cant stop thinking about them.

I have very lonely dreams.

I dream that everything is ending, weither it be school or work or just an event.

And everyone leaves, and Im alone.

It may not sound that bad, but it really is.

EDIT: on the other hand, I also once dreamed I was friends with the Kardashian girls, and they gave me really expensive shampoo. So some of them aren't horrible.

I don't usually remember my dreams unless I am so stressed out that it penetrates my dreams. When this happens I wake up with a tight chest & in some occassions with throbbing headache. I remember the dream for a time then forgets it. I can't even recall one dream now :O

Speaking of dreams... I saw Inception over the week end (in Middle East), the premise is about induced dreams and dream within a dream within a dream :)

The loneliest dream I ever had was me and my family were for some reason in space, and then I suddenly started floating away from them, into endless space.

My dreams usually consist of old friends, and old events that happened in my life when things were good and i had no worries at all.

Now them old friends and events have become a part of the worry. :club:

rayousha said:
I don't usually remember my dreams unless I am so stressed out that it penetrates my dreams. When this happens I wake up with a tight chest & in some occassions with throbbing headache. I remember the dream for a time then forgets it. I can't even recall one dream now :O

Speaking of dreams... I saw Inception over the week end (in Middle East), the premise is about induced dreams and dream within a dream within a dream :)

cant wait to see that movie you know i had a dream once where i woke up and thought id actually woken up from my dream but then i woke up so that was a dream within a dream , very weird the mind is an amazing thing

SinfulVixen said:
I often have dreams running away from something or someone. Also they sometimes turn violent with me on the brink of death.

yup i have those dreams as well

I am fascinated by dreams and my friends used to ask me to interpret their dreams (I am a Psych major). Death usually symbolizes the ending of a period/phase in your life.

Amateur interpretation of 'running away from something or someone. Also they sometimes turn violent with me on the brink of death" could probably be that you want to escape a situation but held back by the uncertainty of the outcome. You are afraid of what comes next when you go for it.

Dreams is our outlet for releasing unspoken or subconscious stress, fears, fantasies, wishes etc... It will re-occur until whatever your dream (is telling you) is realized or you come to terms with it.

@huggybear... there is a scene in inception where old people kept themselves in a dream state because they are able to create the world they want, away from the harsh realities of life. Deep stuff... I had to really concentrate on it :D

I'm with the, scarey dream group. I dream I'm on the beach and I see a huge tidal wave coming in and there is a gigantic wall blocking me from moving away from it. Or else, I'm running through the woods at night trying to escape a big cat. I never go back to sleep after these. I just sit and shake for a few hours.

freedom said:
i've been trying like hell to master lucid dreaming, which is the act of controlling your dreams.

I'm one of those natural lucid dreamers, I have multiple dreams every night and all of them are as lucid as reality (I wake up with a raging headache though :(). My advice is that you should not try to control your dreams at all, when you try to control a dream, they always seem to end shortly after. You have to let your dream flow on its own, very slowly and gradually get used to how they feel, you have to pay attention of where your attention is and focus on the smallest details. Imagine it like Alice in Wonderland, when you're inside a dream, just notice where you are, if you know you're lucid, just observe and pay attention to where you are and what's happening, you can still fully control yourself and do anything you want but the dream will last longer if you "go with the flow" and not try to control the dream itself.

Well maybe it's a personal preference, some people want to go inside a dream and control everything but I've noticed that for me, the lucid dreams that last the longest (I've spent real hours in them) are the ones that happen on their own, without me dramatically controlling the things around me.

A few times I lay in bed acting dead and I've noticed that it might actually sort of help prepare oneself for lucid dreaming (and astral projection but I'm not going to talk about that) what I do is lay in bed and "act dead". Just stay there, without moving an inch, breathing peacefully, looking at a wall, be blank blank blank. This can take 20+ minutes, when you slowly (very slowly) notice your body drifting to sleep, drift..drift...drift..drift...drift..you're drifting..continue to be motionless and relaxed and be blank..you can't think, you want to have a lucid dream so focus on that "want". You can't think, you can only want. Want. Want. Just want it until you fall asleep and you'll get it! xD

At least that's what worked for me, well I only ever did that 5 times but it does seem to have helped. *shrugs*

As for the original question, I'm the happiest in my dreams, I only had 2 dreams a few months ago where I was desperately lonely but later they turned out to be sweet. I have a lot of nightmares though, that's a whole other story but they still turn out okay in the end.

My dreams are the only place where I can imagine myself to be what I want to be, and be where I want to be.

I could just sleep every day away easily.

I don't remember my dreams.

I pray for nightmares just so I can recall them after I wake.

Latest posts

Back