Forbidden Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedom

Reaction score
This is a poem that I wrote about someone that I wanted to be with, but couldn't because she was already married. I hope you all enjoy it...

Forbidden Love
by: freedom

Wondering if you'll ever give me your love, I've slipped into another dimension.
Many I've known, yet thinking of you brings joy beyond apprehension.
My body is cold and hollers your name, but my fire is blazing as ever,
Regretting that I never opened my heart, to make me yours I've endeavored.
To be loved by you, enamored of each other, long have I secretly hoped,
but knowing that your heart belongs to another has left me to bitterly cope.
What I wouldn't give to be the fortunate one that devours your euphoric lust,
The one that lives everyday for your love, to whom your heart you entrust,
But I navigate in this sea of solitude seeking the shores of your devotion,
With nothing in sight but a shattered sky reflecting the dreams of my ocean.
The hope of embracing your warmth one day lingering like a rose deprived,
The urge to give you all that I have, because of that hope has survived.
Alas, a story of love aborted from the womb that was my delusion,
Nothing is left, my heart, my body, my soul will fade in seclusion,
And as I writhe at the thought of you loving not me, I'll reach to pull you away,
This forbidden love will just have to wait for another time, another life, another day.

Sweet and so very sad. It's beautiful.

"Regretting that I never opened my heart"

that regret can be crippling.

Freedom--
It's because you did such a great job, that the tear fell. I totally get into words and sentiment. I am a complete sucker for anything funny or deeply, heart felt. Your poem was 100% heartfelt....

Nina said:
Freedom--
It's because you did such a great job, that the tear fell. I totally get into words and sentiment. I am a complete sucker for anything funny or deeply, heart felt. Your poem was 100% heartfelt....

thanks!!! ;) this is one of my more happier poems. i have more, but they're mostly sad poems. i tend to write my best poetry when i'm either really depressed or really inspired. i don't tend to write well when i'm anywhere in between. as for this poem, i was both depressed that she couldn't be mine, but inspired by her beauty and grace.

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED!!!

freedom said:
Nina said:
Freedom--

thanks!!! ;) this is one of my more happier poems. i have more, but they're mostly sad poems. i tend to write my best poetry when i'm either really depressed or really inspired. i don't tend to write well when i'm anywhere in between. as for this poem, i was both depressed that she couldn't be mine, but inspired by her beauty and grace.

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED!!!

This poem was written more than a couple of months ago but I only just read it... It is so moving it touched my heart and I wanted to cry! :'( You really put a lot of feeling into it... I wonder how you are doing now Freedom?

I know the bitterness, loneliness and sadness of this forbidden love all too well. I agree with others, that this poem is truly heart-felt. Well done.

Latest posts

Back