Mean Poeple (Another Rant)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

I'm tired of running into mean people all the time. I get turned down all the time and it makes me really depressed. Too me, mostly everyone seems the same. I talk to people online, I join forums, and try and find people to talk to, and I get ignored. I'm not complaining that it has happened her but I expect it too, I just want to be understood and it seems like sense I have autism and I'm not like everyone else, no one cares. I'm just tired of seeing the same thing happen over again every time. I'm not accusing anyone here of being mean to me, I'm just frustrated that's all.

It's not mean when someone ignores you, especially online. People just have their heads in their own worlds, busy with their own things. That doesn't necessarily indicate that they're intentionally going out of their way to be mean to you, though it may seem that way.

Just chill out a bit. It takes TIME to get to know people and for people to get to know you. If you freak out about not being noticed when you go somewhere new, then you're never going to actually spend the time to become a part of the group!

So just sit back, post a bit, talk to people, and enjoy the ride. :) Soon enough you'll be one of the gang.

Well, some people do intentionally ignore others who aren't already a part of their "clique", so it can be difficult to integrate into a new group. Even online.

It's also true what BJD said; some people don't ignore another on purpose. They may even feel you're ignoring them! You just never really know what's going on at the other side of the monitor.

Just keep at it and eventually someone will take notice. It might be easier if you message people and make them aware that you're around and interesting in talking with them. And if it's too much trouble and people are being cliquish, you can always look for a more open group.

Well, they say mean things and they act like they don't care at all, especially when if they know I have autism, they block me out. :club:

Do not brandish your having an autism when you reach out to people... It does not mean you are hiding it and be ashamed that you have it because it's who are you. However, people might be put off by offering too much information. Let it come out naturally

I agree with Rayousha. It's possible that some people are put off by the fact you throw out that information. There's nothing wrong with having autism, but putting that in someone's face when you barely know them might make them back off. Getting to know people should come naturally. Not everything about your life has to be tossed into the first conversation.

A lot of people seem mean because they are hurting inside. Some people just express themselves that way. Depression can also make someone mean (ask my brother!) Maybe these people are just trying to protect their own feelings. But, Im sure that many of them are just plain jerks, too. Keep trying, and never give up. you will find your niche.

You must have been treated harshly by a lot of people. I don't know anything about you but it seems like your assuming we will treat you negatively so that on the off chance we do, you won't be hurt or disappointed. Its a fairly common defense mechanism. There is nothing wrong with that, just remember not every is out to hurt or be mean to one another.

Haven said:
You must have been treated harshly by a lot of people.

I have.

I went driving around Wolfville, Kentville etc and met a few nice people. Went to Johnny's Cookhouse in the valley and nice girl (and good lookin' too) served me ice cream and also at the Shell Gas Station, a customer helped me with the machine becuase I didn't know how to work it. It was one of those pay at the pump machines, couldn't get it to work with my debit card.

If only everyone in my town was like that... but I live closer to the city.

Every mean person is a good person defeated by society. Perhaps a bit more patience on your part would go a long way.

Well, see... I bet you didn't announce to the girl that you needed ice cream to lift your spirits because you're autistic. You also probably didn't tell that customer that you'd know how to use the machine if it wasn't for the autism. There are nice people out there! You just have to give them a chance to get to know who you are.

Lost Soul said:
I'm tired of running into mean people all the time. I get turned down all the time and it makes me really depressed. Too me, mostly everyone seems the same. I talk to people online, I join forums, and try and find people to talk to, and I get ignored. I'm not complaining that it has happened her but I expect it too, I just want to be understood and it seems like sense I have autism and I'm not like everyone else, no one cares. I'm just tired of seeing the same thing happen over again every time. I'm not accusing anyone here of being mean to me, I'm just frustrated that's all.

If you were a female LOST SOUL, blind, lame, etc. I wouldn't mind WE tried to find out a common bearings.

If you were taller than 5,5 I wouldn't marry you because I'm rich as a church mouse and it's easily spotted those who are mean (they give too little and want it all).

Lost Soul said:

Hey,

Understand where you are coming from. I find forums that are on interests and hobbies, but always find I am ignored. If I ask why, and actually manage to get a reply, it is usually along that lines that nobody there knows me, that a known member hasn’t introduced me, or that I am either too far away (if they aren’t in Australia) or that they don’t like talking to people who are too close (if they are in Australia). There are other times where people just attack because I have different opinions to them, have experienced something different to them, or that I just won’t jump high enough when they say so. Unfortunately, a lot of people seem very ridged and blinkered in who they talk with. ‘Real life’ is even worse than online.

Latest posts

Back