Things I am thankful for

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
I have a friend who I would consider a very lucky girl, but she is always unhappy. She seems unable to see the great wealth of good that she has in her life, only the misfortunes and failures. I try to think of myself as a positive person, but I too occasionally forget or discount the blessings that I have. I think it would be a sad thing if we look back on these times as "the good times" (as life will undoubtedly only get harder) and regret not appreciating what we had. So, in an effort to appreciate my good life, and hopefully encourage others to do the same, here is a list of what I'm thankful for. Feel free to add your own bullet points! (or ignore the thread; whichever suits you)

--My close friends. I have few, and I constantly worry that they too will leave me, but I must remember that for now, I have them and I am so grateful for that.

--My health. I have no major health conditions that really hinder my day-to-day activities, and I feel like that is something so easy to take for granted until it is lost.

--My drawing. I wouldn't call myself an artist because I lack creativity, but I can pretty much put down on paper whatever comes to me in my head. I am often so consumed with jealousy of people who are better than me that I forget how lucky I am to even be able to do what I do.

--My education. I have always attended good schools and have been challenged intellectually in ways that have made me who I am and have given me the ability to think deeply about things. I'm actually always grateful for this, but it can't hurt to mention it again.

--My money. Or rather, my parent's money, because I currently have none =P. We weren't rich by any means, but we never lacked basic necessities like food or clothing, and if I ever mustered up the courage to ask my parents for something, I usually got it.

Hopefully there will be more good things to come as life goes on. This isn't a bad list so far =)

I'm thankful for natural wonders that lift the spirit. The aurora borealis, for example, which I have seen and shall never forget. Fireball meteors that flash across the sky leaving a smoky trail (I saw a green one once, also!); Ash-rose sunsets, which are blissful to jog a few miles under; sea-breezes; noctilucent clouds (truly beautiful); sundogs, parhelia and upside-down rainbows (circumzenithal arcs - more common than you might think!)

Im happy for the sun, the sky, the moon, my shoes, passion flakies, the x-files, and forests. The latter of which, if it was missing in my life, would be terrible. I wouldn't have anywhere to use my shoes. I could walk in the city I guess...but it's just not the same.

I'm thankful for the folks who care enough to listen and speak to all of us..... :)

Latest posts

Back