SUCCESS STORIES

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
About a week or so ago, Elaeagnus started a thread called Success Stories, where members can write about A Lonely Life Forum and how it has helped them. But unfortunately the thread ended up going right away from it's original topic. I find that reading from other peoples positive experiences that it gives me hope, motivation and inspiration, so I suggest that we have a section in this forum called Success Stories, where members who have progressed from there lonely state can share there positive story. I do stress though that it be only about Success Stories, not a debate or rant forum. Elaeangus, I'm not trying to steel your good idea, just trying to find a good place for it.:)

I agree with Blue Sky here. Elaeagnus's post,along with certain replies were inspiring and very brave admissions that brought hope to me. It is a real shame to see it highjacked by those who simply wish to bicker.

Bjarne, could the thread be recreated with the success stories already there and perhaps one or two others such as Wendi's recent thread about tales of bravery and success and possibly stickied somewhere?

There is endless space here for people to debate and I hate to see selfishness ruin one of the best threads I have ever seen in the months I have spent here as a guest.

Bjarne,

I'm asking you directly because it is only you who can do something here. PLEASE find a way to allow Elaeagnus's original post to start a thread that will be used for it's intended purpose. Sticky it and monitor, if you can, so that we may have ONE place here where people can share their success without it descending into chaos.

I know Elaeagnus well and I had intended to post my own success story soon but, as it stands, there is absolutely no point in doing that. I think it is a real missed opportunity if an attempt like this is allowed to be frustrated by people who only love the sound of their own voice and have no on topic point to make.

I dearly hope you will do something.

Thank you,

Michael.

Bjarne's the most busy person i know. He still haven't replied to a mail i sent him a month ago, which he did say he was going to get to some days ago, via PM. I also hope that he'll do just what You guys suggest; it's a great thing to have some testemonials esily visible to everyone who come here so that they quicker might understand that they truly can be helped here once they dare to post their problems.

Stay tuned as I figure out the best solution. I will probably have time to do something by tomorrow! (It's Sunday today after...) If you welcome to keep comming with ideas untill then.

I agree that Bjarne is SUPER busy. He runs this place out of the goodness of his heart, and pretty much I view it as a charitable act. He has to pay to host the site, (right?) and he presently accepts no advertising as far as I can tell.

PS Guest I hope that I was not one who turned the thread to trash. Though I'm human and frail, with a considerably bruised ego, I do care for the lonely people of this site and of this world greatly.

It would be a real shame for those who actually want to come here for help and support to not be able to sign in as a guest, if Bjarne has to end the option to post without registration due to the recent abuse.

To whomever is doing the abuse, you're hurting those who need to be here with your words, you're scaring them off, and may end up not allowing them to come in without registering. This causes you to be no different than the accusations you are making. You should possibly rethink your intent and course of action.

Thank you for creating a special forum for success stories. This site is a brilliant place and now new member and guests can see for themselves that it is worth making the most of.

I would suggest that Wendi's thread should be moved across as it certainly what I would call a success!

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=1034

Thanks again

Michael

michael in glasgow said:
Thank you for creating a special forum for success stories. This site is a brilliant place and now new member and guests can see for themselves that it is worth making the most of.

I would suggest that Wendi's thread should be moved across as it certainly what I would call a success!

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=1034

Thanks again

Michael

Done!

Thanks for the feedback!

I always try to listen to the users, but it's often difficult to please everyone (as not everyone has the same "vision" of how the site should be).

Latest posts

Back