how did you find this website?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedom

Reaction score
i was just sitting at work with nothing else to do but count the minutes until lunchtime when i decided to google "a lonely life" to see what it would bring up. i was hoping i would find something interesting to read, but i found something even better... this website :)

I looked for this forum specifically, this is how it goes:

I typed in "I'm lonely" one day in google and it took me to some thread where apparently other people have been searching for the same thing and ended up in that thread, I don't know if it was from the same site or from wiki but I later found a website where I could post as anonymous, I made a post about my problems and left, a few months or maybe a year or so later I specifically wanted to find that site again but I couldn't, so I specifically looked for a lonely forum or something and after a few searches I got this site, and I registered for this username since I couldn't post anonymously here and just became a member.

I just googled 'loneliness forum' - I was thinking if there wasn't one around, then I'd set one up myself. Would have been kind of ironic if there was no loneliness forum on the internet, lol

Several weeks ago I typed in "lonely" and "forum" or something along those lines into Google and this website came up. I don't socialize at all, except online indirectly through forums and occasionally chatrooms. This would be enough to meet my social needs, but the odd thing is that I don't even make internet friends anymore. When I was younger I had no trouble making online friends, but these days it never happens. At most I talk to people privately a few times and then never again. The connection just isn't happening. So I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this problem.

My sister (in real life) Naleena, here on the forum, asked me to join. She thought I might be able to offer a few words of advice or encouragement, or maybe even cause a few laughs. Judging by the sheer number of my chat typos that litter the "Chat Hijinx" thread, Id' say at least SOMEONE is having a few laughs at my expense. :p lol (OK, some of them are so bad that I even laugh at MYSELF.)

I came across this site about a year ago, looked around for 10 minutes, then forgot all about it until last February. It took me a few tries to find it again, but when I did I registered after an evening of lurking. Been regretting it ever since :D

...ok so I was sad and feeling xtremely lonely. So I typed "why do I feel so lonely" and the forum came at the top of the list (I think). This was the first time ever I'd been to any discussion forums. I started reading some of the threads and felt right at home.

EveWasFramed said:
My sister (in real life) Naleena, here on the forum, asked me to join. She thought I might be able to offer a few words of advice or encouragement, or maybe even cause a few laughs. Judging by the sheer number of my chat typos that litter the "Chat Hijinx" thread, Id' say at least SOMEONE is having a few laughs at my expense. :p lol (OK, some of them are so bad that I even laugh at MYSELF.)
No wonder, you didn't seem lonely at all to me.

I was feeling kind of down after a relationship ending, so I looked up "loneliness" on Wikipedia (why? Who knows? It's not like I don't know what it is.) and there was a link to this forum, which apparently sprung up from another forum, like Frasier from Cheers.

lomojojo said:
No wonder, you didn't seem lonely at all to me.

lol, well I suppose things can be deceiving. My husband is in the military and this October, he will leave to go overseas for the third time since we got married, a little over six years ago. I do tend to get a bit lonely when he's away. I try to find things to keep me occupied though. :p

Just searched one day as Lonely forum in google and this site came in the First page results...

I googled the words "Lonely, Forum" and this was one of the search results. I registered and the rest is history. :D

SophiaGrace said:
I googled the words "Lonely, Forum" and this was one of the search results. I registered and the rest is history. :D

No. You registered TWICE, and the rest is history.:p lol

a friend of mine, also user here, recommended it to me last summer

Latest posts

Back