Horrible Dream(s)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Has anyone ever had a dream that they woke up literally crying from?

Well, I had one last night.

I dreamt that my mom was slated for euthanasia because she had cancer and that I was standing outside the clinic. My dad was with me standing outside the clinic. The people who ran it didn't want me inside but I snuck in anyway, because the thought of my mother dying was just too horrible to make me stand outside casually as they killed her.

So I snuck in and went to this room that looked like a morgue. There was a body-bag on the metal table...so I unzipped it and it was my mom. She was still alive, but I got the feeling she just wanted to "go".

My father was there, chatting up the orderlies, concerned about trying to get in their pants. He actually looked happy that my mom was going to die.

I was flipping out. I realized that I had no friends that I could talk to, and no significant other. So my mother dying seemed beyond horrible. If she left, I would have no one to talk to and would go slowly insane with the aloneness, or, I'd have to be around my dad who would mentally/emotionally abuse me.

All of them seemed incomprehensible, horrible, unendurable.

The dream ends with me walking down a street in a nearby city, alone. There's no cars, no people on the sidewalk, no one riding by on their bicycle and this crushing feeling of isolation.

I woke up crying. That was one nasty dream. :(

not experienced anyhting like that Sophia, but hugs to you and hope you are okay x

I am ok. Things are always worse in the middle of the night, than in broad daylight. It was just a dream fueled by a horror novel and my own fears of being alone in the world once I have to "grow up" and live on my own.

*shrug* we all have our own anxieities.

I had something similar not long ago. My parents and sister are going for a trip in 2 days.. i had a dream i lost all 3 of them in a plane crash and couldn't cope. it was good though, because i went home last weekend and made sure to spend time with them whereas i might not have had i not had that dream.

i have never woke up crying. but within the last like maybe 2 weeks i did have a dream that something happened to my sister and she was gone. i woke up sweating and within minutes i couldnt remember exactly what happened but it freaked me out. if something happened to her i dont know what id do. id have like pretty much no one left my age that i regularly see.

I live in a bad neighborhood and I dreamed my cousin (who is like a brother) to me died. I was so freaked out I called my mom, who called his mom and he ended up calling me saying he was fine. Its embarrassing now but was scary then...

I had a dream that meteors struck earth and destroyed my town I was injured in ruble bleeding and I could not stand up I was begging the other survivors walking by to help me but they ignored me.

That is a horrible dream indeed. =[ Hope you're okay. *hugs*

My dad died at the end of 2008. He had cancer, so his death was slow, to say the least. While he was ill, I never had any bad dreams that I can recall. Since his death, however, I've had a few.

I can't remember all of them, although one does spring to mind.
I was walking through the grocery store with my dad. At first he was healthy, and the dad I always new before he got cancer. He then grew progressively weaker as we walked, until he could eventually no longer move. All I could do was stand there and watch him die, until he just collapsed. That's usually how the dreams go, and then I'll wake up suddenly.

There was also another one I can vaguely remember. I was going to the cinema, and when I entered I chose a seat and sat down. Halfway through the movie I turned to look at some of the other people around me and saw my dad sitting on the other side of the cinema, dying.

Fortunately I only have these dreams every few months, so it's not too bad. Still a shock when they come, though.

Wow, that's an awful dream. I've had strange dreams like that before though. I can't remember them all exactly, but sometimes it's something happening to my mom. Or sometimes, I dream about my grandmother, who died 8 years ago. Usually, she's trying to say something or tell me something, so I listen closely in my dream.

One of the last dreams I had about her, it was the night before my mom's birthday, and the dream was me and my grandmother making a whole bunch of cupcakes, and as we put them on a big tray, almost to make a cake-like thing, she told me to make sure to wish my mom a happy birthday for her. And I was carrying out the tray to front door, when a cute little dog ran into the house. The dog running into the house made me spin around to see where it was going, and I turn around and my grandmother was no longer in the kitchen. Instead my mom was there, and then I woke up.

It didn't upset me. But I realized the next day that she came to me to tell me she wanted to wish mom a happy birthday. I told my mom, and she was happy about it. But I've also had some pretty bad dreams that I don't really remember.

I have a terrible night's sleep usually. My sleep is filled with vivid and often disturbing dreams. I'm on meds but they are not the reason for my poor sleep. I just hope when I go to bed, my dreams are not too vivid and not too disturbing. Usually I wake up feeling terrible if something really upsetting was in my dreams. There just seems to be no way to make them stop. But I must say, that if my dreams are enjoyable (like being with someone), them being so vivid ain't so bad.

i have a weird type of dream called sleep paralysis where you wake up parylised and cant move or speak but are awake thats a creepy dream

i had what was essentially the same dream 2 seperate times last night. they were basically the same thing just in different locations. they werent horrible, just sad to me because its something that will never happen and id love for it to be something that did happen.

Not too long ago I had a similar dream, but it's reality-based. In the dream I was talking with my sick mother before she died of cancer. I woke up unusually sad. Most nights my dreams are bad, although not actually nightmares. My subconscious just hates me.

JamaisVu said:
Not too long ago I had a similar dream, but it's reality-based. In the dream I was talking with my sick mother before she died of cancer. I woke up unusually sad. Most nights my dreams are bad, although not actually nightmares. My subconscious just hates me.

I always feel some sort of sadness, but then I realize I was trying to be told something. I actually like dreams like that myself. Makes me feel better, like the person I'm dreaming about is still with me. Was she trying to tell you anything?

VanillaCreme said:
I always feel some sort of sadness, but then I realize I was trying to be told something. I actually like dreams like that myself. Makes me feel better, like the person I'm dreaming about is still with me. Was she trying to tell you anything?

Actually it was the other way around -- I was trying to tell her that I loved her and didn't want her to die. I think she knew that in reality but our family wasn't the kind that ever gets emotional.

Latest posts

Back