Hi to all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kat Lady

Hi I was feeling lonely and found this place via search engine. I'm Kat Lady but you can call me Kat for short. I chose that as my name because I like cats but unfortunately don't have one. Well except my virtual one (bought Purr Pals for my Nintendo DS recently). Some of my interests include video games, music, Sailor Moon, getting in touch with my artistic side, and watching tokusatsu. Sometimes I watch reality shows also. My reasoning for joining is quite obvious...
I'm SO lonely! So I figured I do something about it. In the real world I'm very shy but when I type I feel like I can be myself more. Well, that's my intro. Nice to meet you all!

Hey Kat, welcome to the site.

I hope you enjoy your time here.
:cool:

Kat Lady said:
Hi I was feeling lonely and found this place via search engine. I'm Kat Lady but you can call me Kat for short. I chose that as my name because I like cats but unfortunately don't have one. Well except my virtual one (bought Purr Pals for my Nintendo DS recently). Some of my interests include video games, music, Sailor Moon, getting in touch with my artistic side, and watching tokusatsu. Sometimes I watch reality shows also. My reasoning for joining is quite obvious...
I'm SO lonely! So I figured I do something about it. In the real world I'm very shy but when I type I feel like I can be myself more. Well, that's my intro. Nice to meet you all!

Just want to say welcome and nice to meet you too, Kat! You've found the right place.

I found this site the same way you did :).

Is your apartment too small for cats, no pets allowed, or are you allergic to cats?

I have two cats and I've had cat (or two or twenty LOL) as long as I can remember. I love cats so much, I say to every cat I meet (cats are people, too! and not judgmental. They love you unconditionally).

You said: "In the real world I'm very shy but when I type I feel like I can be myself more."

I find it easier to get to know someone online because you can change your wording before sending it out, even when IMing. That way you don't feel like such a social klutz. You can take words back before you've even used them, so it's a much easier way to battle your shyness and learn more about someone before they can be too quick to judge you. You just have to be honest and sometimes that's hard if you're afraid you're not sophisticated enough. Also, being online, your expressions, body language, and tone don't betray you :)!

I have several email friends whom I've never met, but I feel for sure they might not be interested anymore if we met in person, so I feel safe this way.

Thanks everyone! Oh and Pebblette I still live at home (since most of my money goes towards college) and noone in my family likes cats.:( But as soon as I save up the money and find a place of my own I will definately get one. What kind of cats do you have?

Pebblette said:
I find it easier to get to know someone online because you can change your wording before sending it out, even when IMing. That way you don't feel like such a social klutz. You can take words back before you've even used them, so it's a much easier way to battle your shyness and learn more about someone before they can be too quick to judge you. You just have to be honest and sometimes that's hard if you're afraid you're not sophisticated enough. Also, being online, your expressions, body language, and tone don't betray you :)!

Yeah that's exactly how I feel too.

Oh I see. Well, that's a bummer! And I meant to say, "I say "HI" to every cat I meet". I try to keep my errors and typos to minimum LOL!

Well, my cats are both male. Topaz is 8 years old and a flame point Siamese with a hint of tabby (he has faint stripes on his back and similar spots on his tummy). Carlton is what is called an American shorthair. He is white with large oranges patches. Got them both from the pound.

You said:
"Yeah that's exactly how I feel too."

Looks like we have a lot in common.

How old are you and what will you be studying in college?

Your cats sound so cute! I remember when I used to work at a day camp and one of the supervisors had an American short hair. That's one of the types that I was considering getting. That or either a black cat. One of my old friends had a black cat. Some think they're unlucky but for some reason I think they're good luck.

I'm 23 studying for a Bachelors in Visual Communication. If don't mind me asking how old are you? You can PM me the answer if you like. :)

Welcome Kat. I love cats. My dear Mimi died last November. Had been with the family for seven years. She was white, gold and black. I think Calico is the correct term. I miss her a lot.

Hi Kat Lady,

Welcome :)

I like both cats and dogs. When I grew up we always had both.

Unfortunately, since I moved away from home, I've never yet had an apartment where I could have pets. But eventually, I'm certain, I will get a place where I can have pets. And then I will certainly get atleast a dog and possibly also a cat :) (if I can convince my GF).

lonelygirl said:
I used to love cats and now i prefer dogs!

you must love huskies :p

oh hi kat. i used to have a nice cat, but she ran away (after i moved from my parents house). sometimes i think of her and hope she's doing okay, wherever she is. i lost a bird too. i actualy saw him slowly flying away, from tree to tree; maybe he wanted to live his last days in freedom..

Hey Kat - welcome to the forum. I have just joined as well :) And I love cats lol Sounds liek a decent coversation starter at least. And you have something to look forward to (& something to keep you company) when you move away to college - nice! Pebblette - I love your explanation about being able to get to know people better online. It's a bit scary to meet people in person sometimes, but I am sure your online friends would be proud to catch up with you in person :) But it's certainly easier to bear the soul online sometimes I think. And say the right thing, or take it back before you hit that 'enter' key. Hmmm....I know exactly what you mean :)

Hey Kat Lady
Thanks for joining. I like them too but also live with parents (allergic ones too) and can't have one. My ferret is a lot of fun though.

Oh my Gosh you guys. I just went to the animal shelter today & saw the most beautiful cat. Well, she was beautiful to me - her name was Tabitha! It made me sad to realise that she had been at the shelter all her life (she's 2 now). I will have my own home soon & would like to adopt a few adult cats. I would really love to adopt Tabitha although I am fearful for her safety if she isn't used to cars or lots of outdoor space etc. Does ahyone have any advice about this kind of situation? Anyway, I know I'm detracting from the topic & I got told off last time. I was just excited about Tabitha - I really felt a bit of a bond. Kat, I think I welcomed you before, but welcome again :)

Latest posts

Back