Misanthropy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscillate_Wildly

Reaction score
Do we have any misanthropists on the forum?

I feel like I'm delving deeper into misanthropy. This is heightened at work, although I feel that working with the public can never really help. I'm becoming increasingly lonely, so much it's starting to hurt. However with the exception of a few people I cannot imagine spending time with anyone. It just doesn't interest me, it's not appealing. Most of the activities and interests of people I know or associate with they just bore me. They're vile. I enjoy talking to people at times, but I have no real interest in them.

I like nature more, it's peaceful and perfect. If you were to ask me if there's an animal I dislike I'd have to say the human. It's more ugly, destructive and more of a pest than anything like a rat or pigeon.

Anyone else feel similar?

I can relate to you to some degree. Sometimes I really hate a lot of people, and I don't want to meet new ones. But there are other times when I want nothing more than to make a connection with someone. I've been hurt by a lot of people so i really have a hard time trusting people, and I really get repulsed by certain people....

your screen name...
i love the smiths

*hugs Oscillate_Wildly*

wow it's like reading a blog post by me five years ago

so to answer your question yes, I could really consider myself a misanthropist though I'm not as much as I use to be I use to hate people so much. haha when I was in 8th grade I joined the vilentary human exiction group

which is basically people ******* suck and they're killing the planet :(

So I vowed never to have a child of my own

haha lols and that was such a hard commitment to make :p

I also think someone else started a misanthropist thread here a while ago.

yaa, pretty much everyone at school expected me to go columbine on their ass. and sometimes I fantasized about it. But I didn't which is the very important thing

when your in a bad mood, sad or lonely, everyone and everything sucks. People are loud and obnoxious dicks and everything they do just pisses us off
I don't really know what I can say for advice except for pull an into the wild ( run away to the alaskan wildnerness and live away from society, just don't eat the poisonous plants)

I also thought about doing that a lot too, my only problem would be the lack of soap internet and indoor plumbing and electricity and hot water,

okay maybe if I just lived in a nice manson in the middle of nowhere away from society

aw that would be so ******* fabulous...

my point being ya there are a lot of people here pissed off and frustrated with the human race that can empathize with you

*special people suck hugs*
yay

and over time, when life suckjs a little less the feeling of misanthrophy will go away, a little,

for the rest that still remains I recommend heavy metal

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

\m/ 0_0\m/

Yes, I get into moods where I am highly misanthropic. Most people are fundamentally irrational, so I find it difficult to like them or trust them. I don't believe other animals are much better though (despite my fondness for cats). There's nothing wrong with striving for a rural lifestyle to maximize contact with nature and minimize contact with humans if it would make you happier.

i feel like this more and more as the days go by. feel like im getting to a point where i will truly be like this and just say fresia it. the older i get the less i seem to like people.

eris said:
I've been hurt by a lot of people so i really have a hard time trusting people,

As Morrissey once said "I've been stabbed in the back, so many many times, I don't have any skin, but that's just the way it goes"

and I really get repulsed by certain people....

Same here

your screen name...
i love the smiths

Thank you.

evanescencefan91 said:
So I vowed never to have a child of my own

Sometimes we'd like that option but foolishness deprives us of it. ;)

I took my daughter to a puppet festival this weekend. It contained some annoying people. I find other parents incredibly annoying especially when they think they're really trendy and young parents mentioning phrases like "rock and roll" for go and going on about organic, fair trade crap*, thinking they're cultured because they give their kids dough balls and olives.

* I'm all for people buying fair trade, organic, locally sourced produce but it's when people harp on about it and act all superior because they do so.

Oscillate_Wildly said:
I find other parents incredibly annoying especially when they think they're really trendy and young parents mentioning phrases like "rock and roll" for go and going on about organic, fair trade crap*, thinking they're cultured because they give their kids dough balls and olives.

* I'm all for people buying fair trade, organic, locally sourced produce but it's when people harp on about it and act all superior because they do so.

LOL.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I know *exactly* what you're talking about with the fair-trade, organic thing. I was an environmentalist since I was a kid, before I knew anything about politics, etc. I think it's unfortunate how the "green" and "socially conscious products" movement got associated with elitism or hippies. And a lot of liberals aren't helping by making enemies of conservatives about this...it shouldn't be a political issue at all! Argh. My boyfriend actually actively avoids a lot of these kinds of products because of the associations with the kind of people that buy them...sad, really.

In England you can go to a fair trade café drink fair trade coffee, with some fair trade sugar. Maybe a fair trade biscuit on the side. Helping out the farmer in foreign lands. Then you add your UHT milk and screw the UK dairy farmers who are struggling to make a living! But if they're white and English we don't need to worry do we?

I'm biologically manufactured to hate my own species. I have genuine disdain for people. Ah people!
I live in Cairo, Egypt. So not only am I surrounded with people, they're mind bogglingly stupid sexist, racist, woman abusing, sexually harassing, violent, old fashioned and narrow close minded ape descendants. I'm Egyptian as well but I hate Egypt and I hate the people, and I'd just love it if the whole country came crashing down. Everything is super expensive, honeysuckle ass government, corruption, idiocy, lunacy, religion, stereotypes and whole bunch of worthless random crap. you can take the train which is pretty cheap and I assure you; you will get raped/mugged/insulted/judged/harassed and if you manage to escape all of the above, you might die of heat stroke or get caught up in a fist fight. And just for frost your cake, no one helps anyone here, if they saw anyone in trouble they'll stop and watch if not attempt to gang rape you or at least yell out swear words for the fun of it. For all they care, women are nothing but portable object, Egyptian MALES in short, They see something they like, they go for it period. They justify being barbaric by "I was horny and you're a slut". Everyone wants to rip you off, no education, no health care, no safety. Its the perfect example of what happens when a morons reproduce. I hate people very much.

I despise the human race as a whole. We're the most selfish, destructive species on the entire planet. That said, I still care deeply for individual people.

I'd say a large percentage of the human race is pure crap, but I meet a kind person nearly every day and that makes it easier to deal. I'd say for every 10 crappy people, there's 1 good person and that's the only reason this world still works.

i am a misanthropist too. i challenged my misanthropy just a few minutes ago and tried to enter a chatroom that was supposed to be full of misanthoprists lol, but i couldn't make it through. lol.

lol.

i took it as a sign i was going in the right direction.

lol.

How could I forget this?

People suck, and that's my contention. I can prove it on a scratch paper and pen. Give me a ******* Etch-a-sketch, I'll do it in three minutes. The proof, the fact, the factorum. I'll show my work, case closed. I'm tired of this back-slapping "Aren't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are. - Bill Hicks

For sixteen years now I've been troubled much by much about we humans and many things of the human world. I won't go into detail because it would take forever and a day.

More on topic, I often watch the sky in hope that I'll see the long overdue meteorite come to hit earth which will wipe half of us out. And I have often imagined and wished this planet had no humans.

I don't think I'm an absolute misanthrope but I seem to be becoming more of one as time goes by. I think I'm a misanthrope regarding the human race as a whole but can't be an absolute misanthrope because I'm a bit too caring, helpful, courteous, hippyish and whatever else I can't think of (but I'm no saint though that's for **** sure). If the natural world kills people I'm okay with that because I know the universe is beyond our control and knowing that reminds me of my humility and knowing there's simply nothing we can do when the universe does whatever it does that's out of our control. I'm confused now...but that's usual nowadays. Though the stuff that causes me the most confusion is human stuff. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...Humans...So confusing....Why couldn't I have been a Tiger or an Alien, anything but human.

I wish we humans would slow down and think things through (there really is plenty of time) and always try to consider how our actions will affect the natural world before doing anything. My perfect world I guess. I'll dream on.

I've recently been thinking too much about spirituality and morals (original to humans) and it seems to me that there aren't really any rules to life except eat, drink, sleep and excrete bodily waste and apart from those rules it seems to me we made everything else up. I know most of us have to have income of some kind because we're all forced to be part of the economy but I think it could be possible to live without money (there are people trying to do it in many parts of the world but they have had to use money sometimes. Wonderful stories by these people btw. And I recently found out that illegal immigrants in the UK who haven't been given housing have nothing but ten pounds per week to live on in the form of Red Cross food vouchers otherwise they'd have NO MONEY but that's a more saddening thing going on than people actually choosing to try and live moneyless because the illegal immigrants don't choose to be living like that). Going back to rules of life, I guess we are conscious and strange beings which are capable of evil things that wouldn't happen or be consciously recognized as evil anywhere else in the natural world (as far as we know) and so I guess spirituality and morals maybe necessary things for many humans. It's just a shame organized religion happened really. Sorry, I more than digress, totally going off on one there, sorry.

Relevant stuff that comes to mind

Bill Hicks has already been mentioned.

People Ain't No Good - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto by Anneli Rufus

The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie & Nirvana

Latest posts

Back