I don't care anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
I pretty much just gave up on my life. I just realized that life is pointless(mine atleast) and will accept whatever happens after high school and the many years to come. I just don't care anymore, my life is boring, lonely, pathetic, and I just don't care. I'd hate to let my family down, but I have no motivation to do anything anymore and I don't know what to do.

^^^Since you've already given up, then you're right. Nothing will change, and your worst fears concerning the emptiness of your life will come true.

Sitting around and waiting for things to magically get better isn't going to cut it. You have to want things in your life and pursue them actively if you want to get back to a better place.

i don't give much of a honeysuckle anymore either. except to take care of those that i love. and to reach full autonomy. and i would also like to find someone to relate to, that has given up with me. so we can accept that we've both given up forever, and then make the best of the honeysuckle together.

something like that

Badjedidude said:
^^^Since you've already given up, then you're right. Nothing will change, and your worst fears concerning the emptiness of your life will come true.

Sitting around and waiting for things to magically get better isn't going to cut it. You have to want things in your life and pursue them actively if you want to get back to a better place.
I have to agree with this. I know it's not easy to keep going and get motivated enough to make a change, but this is just a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't care, your life will always stay the same, and that's not what you want.

I've failed constantly, over and over again throughout my life. And I found that during the times when I gave up and just let life drag me along, that's when I felt the worst about myself. I'd rather give it my all and fail than to sit on my arse and let life kick me in the face without a fight. Eventually, some day, my efforts will be worth the struggle.

When I was about 20 I totally gave up on life. I went to bed and stayed there. I smoked weed everyday and the only person I talked to was my mother. I gained a ton of weight and I really didn't care. I started taking antidepressants and I started to feel a little better.
I stayed in my room until I was about 26..and then it was too late. I was alone.

It took me years to get past it. I didn't know how to function around other people, and I had a hard time even responding to someone that was talking to me.

Now, at age 30, I really regret waisting all that time..

I just hope YOU don't regret it later.

Before you give up, just remember you still have the time because you're still young, if you start ANYTHING now, in 10 years you might be at a different place than where you're at now, if you do nothing about it, in 10 years you'll feel even worse and you'll be this same person you are right now, cling onto anything and use those energy you still have and try to fight.

st642 said:
Badjedidude said:

I have to agree with this. I know it's not easy to keep going and get motivated enough to make a change, but this is just a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't care, your life will always stay the same, and that's not what you want.

a self-fulfilling prophecy, i heard that in a song...
Sound of Madness by Shinedown?

tehdreamer said:
Eventually, some day, my efforts will be worth the struggle.

Yup. :D

Caroline said:
a self-fulfilling prophecy, i heard that in a song...
Sound of Madness by Shinedown?

Self-fulfilling prophecy is an old phrase and an ancient idea, not just from a recent song.

StonedHitman said:
I pretty much just gave up on my life. I just realized that life is pointless(mine atleast) and will accept whatever happens after high school and the many years to come. I just don't care anymore, my life is boring, lonely, pathetic, and I just don't care. I'd hate to let my family down, but I have no motivation to do anything anymore and I don't know what to do.

I would love to go back to HS. Your life maybe pointless, but I know many others in similar shoes who have gone on and be successful. Even surprised me when I see those people in Facebook and how well life is. They still get high, but they just make good money and in relationships with nice looking people.

^^^Haha no, no, not at all. You shouldn't feel dumb just because you didn't run across the phrase before! :) Heh... you might as well call me stupid, because I'm not sure I've ever heard it in a song before! :p

Hey guys, i have the same ish problem StonedHitman. I just can't be asked now, i was in uni for 2 years then changed to engineering but i still find that its not what i wanna do in life. i havnt quite yet told my family that i'm leaving uni as i feel i will just be the big letdown of the family. everyone in my family has gone to uni and succeeded and i feel by me dropping out i will bring shame onto them. This is just the tip of the iceberg, add that to the debt im in from uni, debt collectors from bills and rent, and tuition fees which student finance loans messed up, stress from constantly arguing with my mother and sister, lack of money and general stress in my social life, for someone whos just turned 21 u can imagine it was alot to deal with. Not too long ago i also had a cancer scare so that really pushed me over the edge. I've broken down numerous times in front of my mum which u can imagine is very embarrassing. Not only this, i feel that i cant run or turn to anyone including my family and gf as i feel embarrassed and like a failure. Not only that, but my mother and older sister constantly speculate and ponder about my life instead of just sitting down and COMMUNICATING with me they'd rather gossip and speculate. Theres so much more thats bothering me but i also feel that i'd end up writing for years and years. The only thing that makes me happy in life is football. I was actually and footballer at 16 playing at millwall youth and other top teams. i was offered a place to play for Tottenham academy a few years back which would have lead me into the world of football but my parents were not to keen on football so i followed their desired path of going to uni which i regret heavily.

Just a few seconds ago, I posted a thread very similar to this. I, too, find life pointless. I just hope that we see a glimmer of hope that things WILL get better. I seriously need a major, positive change in life, and I think you do too.

Badjedidude hit the nail on the head. we all feel like you do from time to time, but the will to live, to will to better yourself must come from within. this is going to sound harsh, but it's true:

no one is going to really care what happens to you.

you have to make an effort to get out of that rut that you're in, and make a change. you have to do it for you, because of you, and for no one or nothing else.

i wish you the best of luck on your ventures.

In response to OP:

You give up, you give up. You can't get any better than you are now. What's the worse that can happen if you continue trying? Succeeding, or being in the same situation as you are now? You have opportunity if you try.

Latest posts

Back