hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mayhem

hello,

i'm 19 years old. i have social anxiety, which causes me to avoid people in general. I've gone 2 years without talking to anyone my own age, mainly because i never leave my house. It gets very lonely, some days i can be fine but the rest, i'm totally miserable. I don't really know how to change at this point, but im sick of it. i realize i'm the only one that can change my life, and that i must take the necessary steps to do it. I think i will change some day but for now, i can't seem to find the motivation.

loneliness really sucks...

Hi Mayhem,

Welcome. The unexamined life is not worth living. Do you know the root cause of your loneliness? Were you abused or mistreated or bullied as a child?

mayhem said:
hello,

i'm 19 years old. i have social anxiety, which causes me to avoid people in general. I've gone 2 years without talking to anyone my own age, mainly because i never leave my house. It gets very lonely, some days i can be fine but the rest, i'm totally miserable. I don't really know how to change at this point, but im sick of it. i realize i'm the only one that can change my life, and that i must take the necessary steps to do it. I think i will change some day but for now, i can't seem to find the motivation.

loneliness really sucks...

Hi Mayhem,

Welcome to the site.

I can relate to not leaving the home for long period of time. Therefore being distant and unable to socialize with others or even begin to know how.

But you've made the first step and came here. Together we can all help each other flourish in socialization and perhaps gain more confidence in ourselves to go outdoors and make friends.

lonelygirl said:
Hi Mayhem,

Welcome. The unexamined life is not worth living. Do you know the root cause of your loneliness? Were you abused or mistreated or bullied as a child?

was bullied all through high school. that is why i'm so anti social now. i don't really let that stuff bother me anymore, i'm not angry or bitter about it like i use to be, but the damage has already been done i guess.

Latest posts

Back