A Brief Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yabai.Youth

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Andrew, and I probably should have posted here first.
I live in a hat, worn by Uncle Sam. More specifically a province called Alberta. I was motivated to join this forum becasue I am shy, suffer from depression, and I thought it would be nice to make a few friends, and at the same time, learn to improve myself; and maybe offer some of the limited knowledge that I have (Being ninteen years old, I do not have much exposure to this world)

My interests include, Chemistry, Biology, hiking, calligraphy, mountain biking, bookbinding, cooking, longboarding, just to name a few

Musical interests include: Oasis, Guns n' Roses, The Doobie Brothers, Led Zepplin, Beck, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert Collins, Deep Purple, Classical Music, Captain Beyond, and I have just recently discovered Celtic Rock. Although I do have more bands I listen to, these are my favourites.

I hope that wasn't too long. http://www.alonelylife.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

hey and welcome. i too have just started listening to celtic rock. its weird because i prefer heavy metal. it must be the irish in me.

edgecrusher said:
hey and welcome. i too have just started listening to celtic rock. its weird because i prefer heavy metal. it must be the irish in me.

Hey thanks for the welcome. The nly Celtic Rock band (if they are even considered that) is Thin Lizzy. Any recommendations?

Yabai.Youth said:
edgecrusher said:

Hey thanks for the welcome. The nly Celtic Rock band (if they are even considered that) is Thin Lizzy. Any recommendations?

the only ones i have really listened to are "flogging molly" and "the dropkick murphys."

edgecrusher said:
Yabai.Youth said:
edgecrusher said:

the only ones i have really listened to are "flogging molly" and "the dropkick murphys."

I will look them up and if I like them, then thank you.,

Welcome to the forum. Captain Beyond is one you don't see mentioned too often outside of music forums.

Minus said:
Welcome to the forum. Captain Beyond is one you don't see mentioned too often outside of music forums.
Thank you for the welcome. I've always been told that I have a "peculiar" tast in music. You dont find many people who listen to Glenn Miller, or even Captain Beyond.

Yes for a 'supergroup' Captain Beyond didn't become that widely known and fans of the big band era with groups like The Glenn Miller Orchestra are becoming more rare, though they do still exist. The Glenn Miller Orchestra is still playing even though he disappered back in 44.

You got that right. It's so hard to connect with people when your musical likeings are so far off from todays popular music.

Thank god for Glenn Miller's music. I think I would go insane without it.

Yeah but your tastes have enough of a range that that it sounds like you would find some music in common. Just from what you mentioned, you have Blues, Metal, Swing, Celtic rock, Classic rock, classical and whatever Beck is considered, covered. That is enough of a range to hint that it is only a part of your taste.

Yeah but your tastes have enough of a range that that it sounds like you would find some music in common. Just from what you mentioned, you have Blues, Metal, Swing, Celtic rock, Classic rock, classical and whatever Beck is considered, covered. That is enough of a range to hint that it is only a part of your taste.

It's actually been hard to find anyone who likes the same music I do; believe it or not. I remember at the last place where I worked, one of my co-workers was flipping through my mp3 player, the song was "Train Kept a Rollin'" by Aerosmith, and she gave me this puzzled/disgusted look; and only after was it released on "Rock Band" did I hear her say "I love Aerosmith". I guess what I'm saying is, I meet a lot of pretentious people. :(

"nerdygirl" and "EveWasFramed", thank you for the welcome.

Yabai.Youth said:

It's actually been hard to find anyone who likes the same music I do; believe it or not. I remember at the last place where I worked, one of my co-workers was flipping through my mp3 player, the song was "Train Kept a Rollin'" by Aerosmith, and she gave me this puzzled/disgusted look; and only after was it released on "Rock Band" did I hear her say "I love Aerosmith". I guess what I'm saying is, I meet a lot of pretentious people. :(

"nerdygirl" and "EveWasFramed", thank you for the welcome.

:cool: @ your taste in music.

hi, i'm new too. i like practically most music also. i like anything from Type O Negative to Rachmaninoff to the Doobie Brothers to 2Pac to Flock of Seagulls to Gary Numan to.... etc etc lol

i know how you feel. one of my favorite songs of all time is Ghost Riders In The Sky (and i think if i told anyone around me that it was they would probably exile me to another country or something. (i wouldn't mind that tho most times to tell you the truth:D

Hi csmswhs;
Your post makes me laugh. I have never heard anyone say "I like The Doobie Brothers". Johnny Cash is a treasure. I don't think I have any particular favourite song. But off the top of my head, Mama Kin, Listen to the Music, Little Wing, and Rocket Queen. If I get ever get exiled, just toss me my mp3 along with an endless supply of power and I'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back