This anti-suicide post changed my mind, maybe it will help someone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wandering stranger

::Warning contains explicit language and tough love::

Stop your ******* bawling this instant. I am not here to comfort you, or to help you cry. I am not here to listen to your story and say, 'there there', everything will be ok. So stop your ******* crying.

You want to know why I don't care about your sadness? Because you shouldn't be sad. And I know, I know, this is serious honeysuckle, and it's important, and you don't know what you are going to do now, but at the end of the day, it is the same honeysuckle that all of us go through.

For the past month I have been down and out, over some broad that knows I love her, but doesn't love me. She thinks of my love only as being awkward and she still wants me to be her best friend. On top of that, I am a failure in pretty much everythingI do and I have yet to do anything my parents can be proud of, but you know what?

I am ******* awesome.

Now, I will admit that I haven't held a dying man in my arms or any serious ******* honeysuckle, but it's all the same. People go through honeysuckle every day of their lives and that is what life is. So grab a beer, pop a top and toast that you are still alive. Give a toast to those who aren't, those that died so you could be free, gave their lives so you can hate yours.

You are ******* awesome, but, you don't want to admit it. You go through honeysuckle day in and day out and you live. You, are alive, this world cannot beat you, it cannot destroy you. There is no shame in defeat as long as the spirit is not conquered. So don't ******* give up, you are a good decent person, who is in hard times. You deserve somebody, You deserve a kiss at night, You deserve a friend. Don't you ever ******* think differently.

You.

Are.

Awesome.

Start ******* acting like it.

Sometimes when I feel down I just say in a loud and confident voice that I am awesome a few times and it changes my mindset around....of course in my car while I'm driving.

boy that saved my life.

i hope you don't mind. but i prefer to speak in music.

[youtube]hXMpXj6qfOc[/youtube]

Initially pissed me off, got better as it went on.
Still, i think the person that wrote that material is exceptionally ignorant. It's completely irrelevant how many people go through the same or similar scenario's, it's an individual that deals with it regardless of whether the problem was also faced by another.

If, per say, one person loses their mother (examples) & they seek guidance and someone says 'hey i lost my mother too, stop bitching i got over it, you crybaby' then.. pardon my language, but, they can go molest a cheesegrater because it's the individual that goes through it & must overcome it, not some ignorant fresia slandering you for taking your **** time to grieve. I get it, one person suffers some honeysuckle so someone who went through a similar thing offers help, but it's overcome by the individual at hand & calling them crybabies is so ignorant & immensely frustrating.

If someone contemplates suicide i don't see how mocking them & their situation by belittling them is going to help, sure it gets better, but why the fresia would i bother to pay much attention to someone who starts out by going out of their way to urinate on my situation & my self-esteem? According to this source i'm a crybaby because i think of suicide? Really? So, someone who overcame their suicidal tendencies calls me a crybaby & then patronizes me by telling me how conceivably pathetic i am & that i should presumably follow their example & 'get over it'?

Quite frankly the person that wrote that can go fresia themselves to be honest.

I really love this scene from Hannah and Her Sisters and the anti-suicide message it gives:

[youtube]ftiIPJky_Vs[/youtube]

Emmy said:
It's completely irrelevant how many people go through the same or similar scenario's, it's an individual that deals with it regardless of whether the problem was also faced by another.

... they can go molest a cheesegrater because it's the individual that goes through it & must overcome it, not some ignorant fresia slandering you for taking your **** time to grieve....

If someone contemplates suicide i don't see how mocking them & their situation by belittling them is going to help....
Quite frankly the person that wrote that can go fresia themselves to be honest.

lol, I don't think it could have been said any better. :p

Everyone reacts differently to situations, which is why "tough love" doesn't work for everyone. It took me a a bit to actually learn that....

EDIT: Still lmao@ "molest a cheesegrater" :p

Heh, i glad i made you laugh Eve :D

Tough love isn't something that works on me either, i think someone who takes it upon themselves to dish out slander/abuse to someone who's clearly upset & depressed is a right plank. I get offended by peeps who call other people crybabies etc when they're suffering, it's twisted ^^

Sos take a dump on your thread OP, as ya say, it's hit & miss and won't work for everyone, guess that's premis of tough love.
Last person to tell me to stop bitching and grow up.. well.. didn't end well for him :D
Takes each individual a set period of time & anyone who belittles another for taking longer is a very closed minded person ^^

i liked it. in my opinion it was quite weak, and would have been better if delivered by this man...

r-lee-ermey1-1.jpg

^^^R. Lee Ermy speaks for GOD.

lol seriously... the man is a walking legend of awesome.

Wandering stranger said:
::Warning contains explicit language and tough love::

Stop your ******* bawling this instant. I am not here to comfort you, or to help you cry. I am not here to listen to your story and say, 'there there', everything will be ok. So stop your ******* crying.

You want to know why I don't care about your sadness? Because you shouldn't be sad. And I know, I know, this is serious honeysuckle, and it's important, and you don't know what you are going to do now, but at the end of the day, it is the same honeysuckle that all of us go through.

For the past month I have been down and out, over some broad that knows I love her, but doesn't love me. She thinks of my love only as being awkward and she still wants me to be her best friend. On top of that, I am a failure in pretty much everythingI do and I have yet to do anything my parents can be proud of, but you know what?

I am ******* awesome.

Now, I will admit that I haven't held a dying man in my arms or any serious ******* honeysuckle, but it's all the same. People go through honeysuckle every day of their lives and that is what life is. So grab a beer, pop a top and toast that you are still alive. Give a toast to those who aren't, those that died so you could be free, gave their lives so you can hate yours.

You are ******* awesome, but, you don't want to admit it. You go through honeysuckle day in and day out and you live. You, are alive, this world cannot beat you, it cannot destroy you. There is no shame in defeat as long as the spirit is not conquered. So don't ******* give up, you are a good decent person, who is in hard times. You deserve somebody, You deserve a kiss at night, You deserve a friend. Don't you ever ******* think differently.

You.

Are.

Awesome.

Start ******* acting like it.

Sometimes when I feel down I just say in a loud and confident voice that I am awesome a few times and it changes my mindset around....of course in my car while I'm driving.

******* awsome post !

Latest posts

Back