Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nina

I'm as mellow and easy going as your average coma patient but some things annoy me sooo bad. Like, pointless cruelity. I went grocery shopping today and the kid bagging was new. He was doing ok. I didn't have a fire to get to so his speed wasn't bothering me a bit. The lady in front of me, sighed, rolled her eye's, passed remarks to the checker and finally said to the kid, "I'm growing old here!!" Loud and snotty voice.
I wanted to to kick her in the shins, because all she did was make the poor fellow sweat, shake and slow down even more.
I shot her a dirty look and asked her, if she felt better now.
The checker stopped and helped him bag. When I was getting rung out, I told him he was doing fine for the first day. He brightened up a little. I also helped him bag a few bags.

In life there is always going to be moments where you got to put on some attitude and shake folks up. But to just needlessly be rotten ticks me off.:club:

What ticks you off?

that is one of my biggest pet peeves too: needless cruelty.

also,

flip-flops: the sound that these make when a person is walking, that endless flip-flop-flip-flop. i can barely stand to wear them myself.

loud people. people that have to be heard by everyone within a certain radius, whether it be twenty feet, twenty yards, or twenty miles. ******* hate it.

doughy pizza. disgusting.

frenemies. people who try to sabotage their friends.

cockblockers. girls who don't want their friend getting a piece of ass, just because she isn't getting a piece of ass. this is expressly forbidden by the mancode, but seems to be ok in the ladycode. more common among younger, usually immature, girls though.

movie talkers. i once stood in a movie theater and told a guy i was going to come down and shove his phone so far up his ass that it would pass his head.

...you want more...?

...CONTINUED...

teenagers with low self-esteem who project their feelings onto me. you know, the teenage kid working behind the counter at the local gas station who obviously (like REALLY obviously) doesn't feel comfortable in his or her own skin, so all brief interactions with them are weird and uncomfortable, and you leave feeling like some of their insecurity almost rubbed off on you. *shudder*

girls who think ALL guys should want to fresia them, and get offended if you don't pursue them. i meet more and more women nowadays who will lead a conversation over and over into a certain direction, where the next natural step if for you to "hit on them". and when it doesn't happen, they get offended, rude, or downright mean about it. i mean come on, no one is THAT hot. so hot that every man on earth wants to bone you. calm the fresia down.

careless dog owners. people who let their hairy, flea-infested dogs jump all over you and lick on every inch of your body with their assmatter-encrusted tongue while ejaculating on your pant leg. then they stand there and go "awwwww, how cute". really folks? your dog just came on my jeans, not cute. nothing cute about that.

chud children. i grew up in the woods, on my bike, all over the place, always outside, no videogames, no tv. i hunted, fished, biked, hiked, played basketball, football, chased girls. these kids nowadays, i swear some of them have never left their home. it's like a dungeon. btw, CHUD stands for cannabilistic humanoid underground dwellers.

zealots. people who have no room for disagreement. who can not peacefully and respectfully accept that others have (and are entitled to) their own beliefs and opinions.

---jsd--
Keep going, reading yours I realized I had a lot more than I originally thought. Given I've never been a cockblocker or had a dog ejaculate on me or been out with women who wanted to go to bed with me...I'm on the same page with the rest of them....Especially those **** doughy pizzas and the flip-flop-flaps....:)

...CONTINUED...

feminazis. i'm opening the door for you because it's the polite thing to do. no, i'm not trying to get in your pants. no, i'm not trying to say you aren't capable of opening the door. no, i'm not implying you belong in a kitchen. i'm just trying to be friendly. by the way, thanks for glaring at me when i smile. i also hold the door for men from time to time. AND i'm totally not gay. (lol, reminds me of the "i'm not bi" thread)

people who mistake kindness for weakness. just because i haven't split your head open with a baseball bat, doesn't mean i haven't considered it. really? should we tempt fate?

people who ask for advice then always do the opposite. enough already. just stop asking.

passive-aggression. really? no such thing as a metamessage? hmm. seems you have mastered them without even realizing it. ludicrous.

people who scream at their kids for hours in a restaurant. just leave already. enough is enough. you are obviously yelling at your child for misbehaving in such a manner that could offend other people. has it occurred to you that i may be offended by you yelling at your child all the way through my appetizer, main course, and dessert?

people in the hood who walk really, intentionally, slowly across the crosswalk, so you are forced to slow down your vehicle. if i'm having a bad day, this is extremely dangerous. i have been tempted.

back with more later.............

The biggest thing I can't stand is when you're out somewhere and you see a guy yelling at his wofe and/or kids and being an ass hole.

I see no reason to treat your family like honeysuckle. People like that piss me off so bad, especially when they do it out in public for everyone else to see.

I'd give anything to have what they've got, and when I see people doing that I just want to kick them in the nuts.

Nina said:
I'm as mellow and easy going as your average coma patient but some things annoy me sooo bad. Like, pointless cruelity. I went grocery shopping today and the kid bagging was new. He was doing ok. I didn't have a fire to get to so his speed wasn't bothering me a bit. The lady in front of me, sighed, rolled her eye's, passed remarks to the checker and finally said to the kid, "I'm growing old here!!" Loud and snotty voice.
I wanted to to kick her in the shins, because all she did was make the poor fellow sweat, shake and slow down even more.
I shot her a dirty look and asked her, if she felt better now.
The checker stopped and helped him bag. When I was getting rung out, I told him he was doing fine for the first day. He brightened up a little. I also helped him bag a few bags.

In life there is always going to be moments where you got to put on some attitude and shake folks up. But to just needlessly be rotten ticks me off.:club:

What ticks you off?

oh i hate that too. it reminds me of a time when we went out for pizza a few weeks ago and there was this poor new guy just getting swamped on his first day.

i ended up waiting even 30 minutes before i got a menu, and it got even worse after that.

but i never got mad, and i actually felt sorry for the guy. then there are those pricks that you mentioned that would even publicly try to make a fool out of the poor person.

i'm starting a new job tonight, well its for the same company, but in a different building doing different things with different people on an entirely different shift.

i don't know where anything is, i'm familiar with nothing. i will try my best, but its inevitable that i'm going to make a mistake.

i'm hoping there aren't a bunch of vipers ready to chew me up and spit me out (while they pretend they never make mistakes, especially when their new).

:rolleyes:

--jsd--
Your posts are reminding of a lot of other issues I have...Maybe I'm NOT such a coma patient after all!
Keep posting and I'll come to realize I'm an, "angry *****" under that smiley mask and want to go rip, the next person I see being needlessly vicious, a new a-hole....All the better if they're in flip-flops....

csmswhs--
I hope you have a smooth and pleasant time on your new job. :)
There is no excuse other than just pure, "*******-ism" to abuse someone new. EVERYONE experiences a first day doing something....

Sonic--
I hate seeing any spouse or SO, verbally abusing and embarrassing their parteners, too. I noticed this frequently happens when the agressive parteners are in front of their friends. They will say something horrible and then wink or smile, with pride, at one or more of their pals. Meanwhile the poor passive mate all bit shrivels to the shadows. People aren't dart boards....

Hi-
Don't get me started on cell phone etiquette violations :D It's rude to answer a text or call in the middle of a face to face conversation. Unless you're waiting for a kidney transplant or you're a top drug lord, it can wait.

-Teresa

wanting to be with the person you love, and hoping they know it, even when you are apart.

Over-educated Rich People
They think they're better than me and smarter than me, but then they can't figure out the simplest ******* task. It's like when they enrolled at University they instantly forgot how to open any window that doesn't just slide, or how to operate a latch with one moving part (but they can sure find an Allen wrench to take the **** thing apart and bring the pieces to you). I also find it hilarious that so many of their jobs are absolutely non-essential and require creative justification.

People from Washington, just because. You'd have to live in my shoes for a while.

Brian said:
Over-educated Rich People
They think they're better than me and smarter than me, but then they can't figure out the simplest ******* task. It's like when they enrolled at University they instantly forgot how to open any window that doesn't just slide, or how to operate a latch with one moving part (but they can sure find an Allen wrench to take the **** thing apart and bring the pieces to you). I also find it hilarious that so many of their jobs are absolutely non-essential and require creative justification.

People from Washington, just because. You'd have to live in my shoes for a while.

haaaa leeee luuuuu jahhhhh

Lol, JSD, you make me laugh with nearly every post. I don't get the flip flop thing. I love flip flops.

My pet peeves? I don't complain much, but there is one thing that drives me batty:

Whiners piss me off.

Stop whining and ******* DO something about your problem. Stop expecting others to fix honeysuckle for you and grow some intelligence and find a way to solve your own crap. Square your shoulders, duck your head, and apply force to the problem! Hell, maybe even push until you feel a growl in the back of your throat!

I'm tired of hearing people complain about the smallest honeysuckle. Kids in Africa get raped daily by druglords and are rewarded with AIDs and coke addiction. Surely that's worse than someone's "mean old awful" boss at work. DEAL WITH IT. lol

*pant pant* Alrighty, I'm done whining about whiners. :p

--jsd said:
wanting to be with the person you love, and hoping they know it, even when you are apart.
~~~~~~

Awww, I saw a little "tender-heart" peeking out in that one jsd....

Brian--
I dislike being around anyone who thinks they are superior. As long as we all breath and roam around, we're all flawed beings with potential.

--Bjd--
Whining about whiners whining....LOL....:)

I think I may have a couple of pet peeves but I probably can't pinpoint em all right now so I'll just names the one at the top of my head.

Not responding
- I don't really know why but I get irritated and a bit sad if I'm really expecting a reply and there's no reply. I'm not trying to hurt anyone on here. I don't even know anyone on this forum yet really well :p Of course making a post like this is different since I'm just expressing myself and wanting to get my point across. I mean for example if I'm asking a question especially a simple one. I wouldn't get mad getting an "I don't know" if you really don't know.

People who overreact
- and no not just people who get overreact when getting angry but specifically also for people who don't know when to be serious and have to overreact to get attention all the time.

Yukhi--
I'm glad you expressed yourself in this. I think everyone likes to get a reply, so you're not alone in this thought. I think sometimes, on a board like this, folks may miss a question here and there. I will always do my best to reply.
I actually get a big kick out of some of the more energetic posters who come back with funny remarks. A good many posters in here have great senses of humor. But I also agree that there are times when a more serious response is needed...

(ok, it seems this thread is winding down, so i will REinvigorate)

CONTINUED

sagging pants. ok, admittedly, for a brief period of time my freshman year of highschool, i wore baggy pants. however, i didn't pull them down over my asscheeks, tie them around the tops of my thighs with a belt, and then limp along holding them up with one hand.

this trend was started in the prisons. originally, sagging pants off your ass meant that you were a male "*****" and that you were advertising "easy access". how this is now cool i am not sure.

see, the truth is, that this trend is all about shock. the shock factor. horrifying people with your crazy and daring antics. dudes, i've got news for you. in a world populated with lunatics, cannabals, serial killers, warmongers, extremists, and pedophiles, you have to do better than showing me your underwear to shock me. i'm just sayin.

my real problem with this trend is two-fold.

first, like stated above, it is a total epic fail on the desired shock factor. maybe if you pulled your pants down further and wedged a banana between your asscheeks and hobbled along. i may be shocked. yes, i think i would. but only for about a week until i became desensitized to banana'saggin (the latest trend).

and second, it's one of the worst examples of group think and being a 'follower' rather than a 'leader' that i have ever seen. i mean, think about it. your friends, peers, acquaintences, whoever have convinced you to pull down your pants and walk around in public showing your underwear. you know you can't possibly think that is cool. you must acknowledge that some small part of you knows that you look like a total fool. so at least admit that you are a follower. it's like how far will you go to be cool? if everybody started pulling their pants down and walking around with a banana lodged in their asscrack, would you? i certainly wouldn't. nor would i have as a teenager. i would have INHERENTLY known better.

so, for fresia's sake, pull your pants up and get a belt. even better, get a life.

*sidenote: although it is funny when i'm watching the tv show COPS and one of these little hoodrats jumps out of a car and attempts to run with his pants falling down, only to take three steps, have his pants drop on national tv, stumble painfully, and smash face first into the concrete. that almost makes it worth it. carry on

Latest posts

Back