i don't relate to anyone here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving up isn't something you should do.

Spending more time getting to know people here IS.

Hi-
It looks like you're a new member, I'm relatively new too and still feeling things out. Give it time and I'm sure you'll find someone to connect with. Send a PM to someone whose posts catches your eye!

-Teresa

Badjedidude said:
Giving up isn't something you should do.

Spending more time getting to know people here IS.

i relate to everyone here, and noone. do you understand what i mean?

and when i try "further", i feel like i'm betraying myself.

but i have nowhere else to go, noone and nowhere else to turn to. nothing new. i thought this would maybe be a sort of resting place, but i don't think i'll ever truly have one.

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
It looks like you're a new member, I'm relatively new too and still feeling things out. Give it time and I'm sure you'll find someone to connect with. Send a PM to someone whose posts catches your eye!

-Teresa

thanks teresa, but i don't think that's it. i don't know what it is, and i know at the same time. its been this way my whole life since childhood. i have no control over it.

Hey CSMSWHS.

It took me a LONG time to fit in here as well. You just have to keep posting and the more you see the same faces here the more comfortable you'll feel here and the more people will accept and look forward to your presence.

So I say to you. Patience young grasshopper. You will find what you seek, if you only give it time. :)

Don't feel too bad csmswhs, you may never find anyone who is exactly like you (after all we're all unique) but with time you can get to know people better and develop friendships and find common ground. I can't completely relate to people on forums either but I still enjoy talking with them.

JamaisVu said:
Don't feel too bad csmswhs, you may never find anyone who is exactly like you (after all we're all unique) but with time you can get to know people better and develop friendships and find common ground. I can't completely relate to people on forums either but I still enjoy talking with them.

Hey there CSMSWHS. :)
Even though I have been here for a year now, I have those awkward feelings come now and then.
The people here are really nice and friendly...just give it some time. :)

I relate to everyone here on most things, then there's just stuff that no one here could ever really understand about me. I think we all have issues or parts of our personalities that no one really relates to. But you can form bonds through the things you do have in common.

Hey pal,
Just stick around a while. Make some posts, reply to others; you gotta look for the common ground to find it. It was probably 4 months before I felt like 'one of the crowd'. Try popping in to the chatroom, maybe.

TehDreamer has hit my sentiments right on, CSMSWHS. I feel as though I could have a discussion with anyone here and that I would most' likely relate to most thing that the would talk about, but I feel that they wouldn't understand all of me. Then again No one would understand all of me if I don't put all of me out there... you know. That is a very hard thing for anyone to do. Thing is that you just have to know what it is you are comfortable talking abut and how deep you are willing to go on any particular conversation topic. If you can identify those things for yourself then I am sure that you will find people that you can talk to and slowly start to integrate more of yourself out and into the mix that they might better understand you. That's what I am doing and it has been working so far.

Stay frosty

Stick it out...I often log in and your name is one that I notice straight away...due to you starting topics or replying to others. I am here because it eases my mind knowing I am not facing loneliness alone. It doesnt solve anything but reading what others write and sometimes even giving my own input does help.

Its a step forward making friends here....as for working on friendships in the 'big world'....I'll tackle that some other time!

csmswhs--
I've only been here a few weeks and by no means do I feel like one of the "long-timers", but I have met some really remarkable folks of all ages and walks of life. I spent my first few days reading the posts and it really gave me a feel for the personalities of some and better yet, a real fondness for many. I shed tears for some and laughed at some of the great humor that gets passed around.
I think reading with strong empathy for others helped me sort through some of my own issues but in turn it opened the doors of better communications with those I reached out to. When I did post, I felt anonymous and comfortable enough to really get some stuff off my chest, I can't share with folks in my real time.
Making your own threads, asking questions, is another good way to get the, "vibe" of others. This thread you've made, is great because it lets folks reach out and share. I find one of the best ways for me to get past myself and my problems is to reach out with compassion to others having a hard time. No one is perfect. No one ever will be, so just riding on that notion, helps to equalize the field for us all.
I learn something new from each thread I read. In this one, Brian made me stop and consider the, chatroom. I've never chatted because I usually post during the day while I work alone, in my studio, painting. I usually don't stop long enough for a real conversation but maybe I don't have to take that long just to reach out....Something new for me to try.
I've made a few friends in here I think I will have for a good long time. I hope to make many more. Reach out and you may be surprised how many reach back with warmth and understanding. Even if someone is very different from you, we still have our "flawed humanity" in common.
I actually love to read the stronger personalities, though I only, on very rare occassions, get aggrivated enough to really get huffy with someone and that's only if I sense someone is being needlessly cruel to another. But personally, I love it when someone shares their very direct honesty with me. I am also a complete sucker for good, edgy humor....That's gets me everytime. Hang out and give the group some time. They're worth it and so are you! ;)

thank you for all the replies. i hope it didn't seem like i was whining or seeking attention because that wasn't it. i think it is that feeling alone in a crowd thing again, even here.

and the people here are wonderful.

thanks again for the advice and replies. hope everyones day is going well.:)

csmswhs said:
thank you for all the replies. i hope it didn't seem like i was whining or seeking attention because that wasn't it. i think it is that feeling alone in a crowd thing again, even here.

and the people here are wonderful.

thanks again for the advice and replies. hope everyones day is going well.:)

hey now everyone needs attention sometime! :D

((((csmswhs)))) I felt that you were opening up and being very honest, which I feel is one of the best doors anyone can take out of any issues they're having. You have to see the problem, before you can find the solution. I also agree with Sophia that we ALL need some attention from time to time. Not a thing wrong with it either! :)

troubled said:
I'm slowly beginning to realise the same.. the extent of my lonliness and the realisation that i don't in fact relate to anyone after all. Now my naivety is fading I realise life is what i make of it, but i now realise how vacuous my existance really is. I've never really looked for attention.. i just want to quietly slip away. It doesn't seem worth it.

yep. i know how you feel. its hard to get through all those supposed realizations, impermanence, the dark night of the soul, all that.

knowing nothing helps me a little. or doing only what i have no choice to do helps. if i have no choice, then i can't question it. something like that.

Latest posts

Back