Name bands you hate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eris

Name bands that you hate !

What is the most annoying song of all time ?

Who is the worst singer ever ?

go on :club: away

The worst bands ever are sublime, pink floyd, and H.I.M.

The most annoying song ever is anything by The Beatles.

The worst singer in the world is probably me :(

I wasn't a fan of Tiny Tim's revival of early 20th century music. While i admit that there was a great deal of accuracy to it, his overly frequent reliance on a falsetto pretty much ruined it for me. He made worse choices later.

There are so many bands I can't stand but the ones that stand out when this discussion comes up are the bands I'm "supposed" to like--i.e., that other folks into your favorite bands also love. For me, that'd be Radiohead. ZZZZzzzz. I have to bang my head against a wall just to revive myself when anything after that debut album comes on the radio.

NICKELBACK - they strike me as the type of band that would sit down and say "lets make a song about a blowjob" because they know a bunch of dumb wannabe guys would like it and it would become a hit. i could be wrong but they jsut strike me as that type of douchbag.

also: kid rock, blink-182(minus one song), and puddle of mudd(minus one song)

i wouldnt say that i hate the beatles or led zeppelin, i just dont get all the love. maybe its a "had to be there during that time" thing, i dont know.

edge,

i'm with you on the whole nickelback thing. lol. problem is they have a couple songs i really like (even though i know i shouldn't). but STILL :D chad kroeger is the devil and nickelback is the destruction of rock-n-roll!!! :p

i hate any metal music where it sounds like satan bellowing "blah blah blah rahh rahh rahh" over and over. that isn't music, it's not even noise, it's vomit in my opinion.

i hate blink 182

oooh eris,

pink floyd and sublime are two of my alltime-alltime favorite bands.

;)

NICKELBACK! GAH! They are a bunch of douschbags, it's been over a decade since they've had a hit that wasn't about f*cking

and they're not even rock seiously they sound like country rock

ugg

to teach a douschbag the guitar, is the most hanious of musical sins

But I am very glad that we all seem to be in an agreement about this

*high fives edgecrusher and just some dude*

I also agree about kid rock after bomdabothing he should have stopeed making music his new stuff is terrible and he calls himself rock and roll jesus gah he should be have his hands cut off so he can't write anymore songs

Nickleback. Why does every song sound the same?
I dislike Daughtry.
I dislike Bjork. I don't understand the hype.
I also dislike Cypress Hill and Slipknot for the fans they generate. Ah. Noy. Ing.
I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any

I'll give this a try. Then I'll come back again at some point with like 20 bands I forgot to mention in this initial post. What can I say? I'm a hater.

Korn- Never understood the appeal of these guys. Jonathan Davis is one of the worst frontmen ever imo

Limp Bizkit- I am kicking my own ass right now for once liking them...OK, it was like 2 songs, but still...

Nickelback- so generic

Coldplay- I once went to this crappy rock festival in DC. My clearest memories of that show include drinking warm vodka, losing one of the girls in the group of people I went to the show with and seeing these douchebags get booed out of the stadium. They got all pissy about it. Then they got booed some more. It was great!

Pearl Jam- I hate grunge as a rule. I even feel obligated to hate on the bands who had some songs I enjoyed (mainly Nirvana and Soundgarden) on principle, but I really, really can't stand Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedder is one of my least favorite singers ever.

Death Metal- Yep, a whole genre. No matter how good some of these guys might be at their instruments, once that awful growling starts, I'm done. It's torture on my ears.

Since I'm shitting on entire genres now, techno and indie rock deserve a mention. Techno is boring, repetitive crap. It would put me to sleep if it weren't so incredibly annoying. Indie 'rock' is like the antithesis of rock. It's a bunch of whiny rich white kids bitching about how much their lives suck. Plus Pat Boone 'rocks' harder than most of these whiny hipsters. Now I'm sure there are a few tolerable indie rock bands out there but I'll be damned if I can name them.

Good Charlotte- Not a big fan of the genre they belong to, but some of those Good Charlottey bands had an enjoyable song or two. I think I reserve much of my contempt for these guys because they were played constantly on the radio due to their local ties.

Backstreet Boyz, N'Sync, Hanson....boy bands in general. I did like a few New Kids on the Block songs when I was 10 though

Yes- Rush is one of my favorite bands. Yes is a band that is frequently compared to Rush. I don't see it.

Slayer- Old school heavy metal of the 80's variety is probably my favorite musical genre so I figured I had to love Slayer. I mean liking 80s metal and hating Slayer is like being a fan of the Baltimore Orioles and hating Cal Ripken. So I bought their most acclaimed album, Reign In Blood. Later that day I sold it back to the store where I purchased it.

Misfits- I like Danzig. I like 'em a lot. So I figured I'd have to like The Misfits. Wrong again. Like Slayer, the Misfits album I bought got returned the very same day. Slayer just wasn't my style. The Misfits flat out sucked. Get any 4 kids who have played their instruments for a month, put 'em in a garage and they'd be likely to put out something like that piece of crap Misfits album I bought.

"Voodoo" alone in enough to get Godsmack on this list.
I'll probably be back with more later. I dislike so many bands that I can't even remember them all at the moment.

I liked some of Nickelback's stuff like-

Hero

How You Remind Me

Most of their stuff on the radio now though I can't stand.

I really hate-

Kid Rock.
John Mayer
Miley Cyrus

Funny I can't really think of those I hate until I hear them.

sad sack said:
I'll give this a try. Then I'll come back again at some point with like 20 bands I forgot to mention in this initial post. What can I say? I'm a hater.

Korn- Never understood the appeal of these guys. Jonathan Davis is one of the worst frontmen ever imo

Limp Bizkit- I am kicking my own ass right now for once liking them...OK, it was like 2 songs, but still...

Nickelback- so generic

Coldplay- I once went to this crappy rock festival in DC. My clearest memories of that show include drinking warm vodka, losing one of the girls in the group of people I went to the show with and seeing these douchebags get booed out of the stadium. They got all pissy about it. Then they got booed some more. It was great!

Pearl Jam- I hate grunge as a rule. I even feel obligated to hate on the bands who had some songs I enjoyed (mainly Nirvana and Soundgarden) on principle, but I really, really can't stand Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedder is one of my least favorite singers ever.

Death Metal- Yep, a whole genre. No matter how good some of these guys might be at their instruments, once that awful growling starts, I'm done. It's torture on my ears.

Since I'm shitting on entire genres now, techno and indie rock deserve a mention. Techno is boring, repetitive crap. It would put me to sleep if it weren't so incredibly annoying. Indie 'rock' is like the antithesis of rock. It's a bunch of whiny rich white kids bitching about how much their lives suck. Plus Pat Boone 'rocks' harder than most of these whiny hipsters. Now I'm sure there are a few tolerable indie rock bands out there but I'll be damned if I can name them.

Good Charlotte- Not a big fan of the genre they belong to, but some of those Good Charlottey bands had an enjoyable song or two. I think I reserve much of my contempt for these guys because they were played constantly on the radio due to their local ties.

Backstreet Boyz, N'Sync, Hanson....boy bands in general. I did like a few New Kids on the Block songs when I was 10 though

Yes- Rush is one of my favorite bands. Yes is a band that is frequently compared to Rush. I don't see it.

Slayer- Old school heavy metal of the 80's variety is probably my favorite musical genre so I figured I had to love Slayer. I mean liking 80s metal and hating Slayer is like being a fan of the Baltimore Orioles and hating Cal Ripken. So I bought their most acclaimed album, Reign In Blood. Later that day I sold it back to the store where I purchased it.

Misfits- I like Danzig. I like 'em a lot. So I figured I'd have to like The Misfits. Wrong again. Like Slayer, the Misfits album I bought got returned the very same day. Slayer just wasn't my style. The Misfits flat out sucked. Get any 4 kids who have played their instruments for a month, put 'em in a garage and they'd be likely to put out something like that piece of crap Misfits album I bought.

I'll probably be back with more later. I dislike so many bands that I can't even remember them all at the moment.

i like limp bizkits first cd and thats it. also that song break stuff from the second cd. sorry but i like korn, lol. they were one of the first bands i heard that got me into heavy music. the first 3 cds were great IMO and then it was just ok from there on.

sad sack said:
Indie 'rock' is like the antithesis of rock. It's a bunch of whiny rich white kids bitching about how much their lives suck. Plus Pat Boone 'rocks' harder than most of these whiny hipsters.

This gave me my first laugh of the day. Thank you for that.

I hate hipsters and their "contemporary subculture." It is so contrived. When I was a young'un, we had honest to god punk bastards, filth and all, and it was anything but chic.

/old curmudgeonly rant

Back on topic: I am not a fan of boy bands or slutty pop princess divas (Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera etc ad nauseum).

That said, I do get a kick out of Lady Gaga. She reminds me of the schtick Cyndi Lauper pulled when I was a teen. They both did their own thing, no matter how freaky and eye-opening, rather than the trite formulaic honeysuckle: get someone to write some dumb song about a boy + get on stage and shake ass while tossing long blonde tresses = undeserved megabucks.

How awesome.

Another band I absolutely detest, though I doubt the majority of you know it, is Pat Metheny Group, which is a jazz fusion type of thing. I hate fusion - like the whole hipster nonsense, it is so self-aware and all like, "Oh look at me. See how clever I am. *preen*" *retch*

For that matter, I don't especially care for jazz; love Dixieland and the Blues (Delta, Chicago, Memphis/Stax, whatever), but jazz, again, is just too "Oo-oo look at me! Look at me! We're deconstructing music again!" It is to music what some overly obtuse abstract movements are to art - very easy to do poorly, not at all easy to do well. A lot of it is just unregulated noise.

I hate most rap from the past, oh, 15 years. No. Make that 20 years. There are a few exceptions.

Also, I think that Counting Crows is overrated. Maybe it's just that I hate the angsty voice of whatshisface the singer.

Oh! Yes. I also strongly dislike John Mayer and any of these jackasses with that breathy, earnest voice as they press the mike to their lips and strum on the acoustic guitar. Gah!

Just_Some_Dude said:
i hate any metal music where it sounds like satan bellowing "blah blah blah rahh rahh rahh" over and over. that isn't music, it's not even noise, it's vomit in my opinion.

i hate blink 182

oooh eris,

pink floyd and sublime are two of my alltime-alltime favorite bands.

;)

LOL

I LOVE black metal and some death metal. I don't like stuff like metallica or "radio honeysuckle". I listen to mostly indie (*hiss* *boo*) but this isn't the indie on the radio and much of it is european. And I LOVE 80s alternative/goth.

I also hate ska, jazz, classic rock, r&b or anything with a trumpet. While I love hard punk I hate retarded punk like the dropkick murpheys or nofx. I don't like hip-hop but sometimes I like the music behind the rapping. (and Lupe Fiasco is brilliant) As for french indie pop ? I am all about the french indie pop....

sad sack said:

FIGHT ME

I must post here that Rush is the one band I truly hate. You have to contain some very very very special ears if you like them. That is all.

edgecrusher said:
i like limp bizkits first cd and thats it. also that song break stuff from the second cd. sorry but i like korn, lol. they were one of the first bands i heard that got me into heavy music. the first 3 cds were great IMO and then it was just ok from there on.

lol No need to apologize for who you like. I'd rather have people disagree with me. When everybody agrees with me too often I get bored. I prefer it when I ruffle some feathers. I still can't stand Korn though :p

cheaptrickfan said:
sad sack said:
Indie 'rock' is like the antithesis of rock. It's a bunch of whiny rich white kids bitching about how much their lives suck. Plus Pat Boone 'rocks' harder than most of these whiny hipsters.

This gave me my first laugh of the day. Thank you for that.

You're welcome :)

cheaptrickfan said:
I hate hipsters and their "contemporary subculture." It is so contrived. When I was a young'un, we had honest to god punk bastards, filth and all, and it was anything but chic.

/old curmudgeonly rant

Back on topic: I am not a fan of boy bands or slutty pop princess divas (Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera etc ad nauseum).

That said, I do get a kick out of Lady Gaga. She reminds me of the schtick Cyndi Lauper pulled when I was a teen. They both did their own thing, no matter how freaky and eye-opening, rather than the trite formulaic honeysuckle: get someone to write some dumb song about a boy + get on stage and shake ass while tossing long blonde tresses = undeserved megabucks.

How awesome.

Another band I absolutely detest, though I doubt the majority of you don't know it, is Pat Metheny Group, which is a jazz fusion type of thing. I hate fusion - like the whole hipster nonsense, it is so self-aware and all like, "Oh look at me. See how clever I am. *preen*" *retch*

For that matter, I don't especially care for jazz; love Dixieland and the Blues (Delta, Chicago, Memphis/Stax, whatever), but jazz, again, is just too "Oo-oo look at me! Look at me! We're deconstructing music again!" It is to music what some overly obtuse abstract movements are to art - very easy to do poorly, not at all easy to do well. A lot of it is just unregulated noise.

I hate most rap from the past, oh, 15 years. No. Make that 20 years. There are a few exceptions.

Also, I think that Counting Crows is overrated. Maybe it's just that I hate the angsty voice of whatshisface the singer.

Oh! Yes. I also strongly dislike John Mayer and any of these jackasses with that breathy, earnest voice as they press the mike to their lips and strum on the acoustic guitar. Gah!

Good call on John Mayer. Can't believe I forgot him. I dislike him and the rest of those types, Jason Mraz, Josh Johnson(?) or whatever his name is, and all the rest.

Not a big fan of the "slutty pop princess divas" (as you so eloquently put it) either.

I know nothing about jazz fusion but it sounds like something I'd hate. I'm not a big fan of "real" jazz either. It's more a "not my style" thing than downright hate though.

I like just enough rap to avoid shitting on yet another entire genre

DayvanCowboy said:
sad sack said:

FIGHT ME

I must post here that Rush is the one band I truly hate. You have to contain some very very very special ears if you like them. That is all.

It's on! You bring your growly death metal, which is only slightly less annoying than the sound of a jackhammer, or incessantly crying baby, and I'll bring my Rush. I will win every time.

I may have been too harsh when speaking on the Misfits though....too harsh on the 4 guys in the garage band that is! Surely they'd put out something with better sound quality!

While I'm here, I might as well bash jam bands too. Dave Matthews, Phish, even the Grateful Dead....ugh. I think they are so popular among stoners simply because you'd have to be stoned to appreciate these groups.

I'm sorry. I cannot take your opinion seriously since...well... you are a fan of rush lmaolmaolmao

I don't hate much to be honest since I absolutely love music and try my best to discover and learn as much as possible to what is out there and what happened in the past. Lots of people here and many other places say they love music, but they only listen to a handful of genres. That is not a music lover to me. I find that people who have so much to say as to what they hate about music are just very closed minded and that is very unfortunate.

ohh rush verse death metal

I was thinking earlier today don't ask me why
but If I was to fight myself from highschool

who would win?

I have no idea but it would be like defiantly the coolest fight ever

if only if I had the time money and resources I would make a clone of myself just to see who would win

... and so I could date myself I'd like to think we'd make a great couple,

and hey why can't there be two hottests saphos in the world,

( if anyone would like to challenge me on that title.....

call me :D

(haha i'm arrogant, and need to be insanely and ridiculous boastful, so that I don't feel, sad unattractive and insecure)

...... So yes I defiantly agree about rap stupid gansta rap, lame i think 50 cent ludacris and p diddy are just awful

and the dave matthews band *gags* the feeling of nausea from the sound of their music is just undescribable

sadsack - how do you feel about Black Metal ? I don't really like much Death Metal, but Black Metal is so melodic and beautiful. Have you heard of Burzum ? They are brilliant.

Burzum - Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der S. P1

[youtube]/v/S-x6BU9u0sQ?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back