Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Important is Sex in a Relationship?
This is not a question in general, but specifically to you. How important is sex to you in a relationship? Would you be boyfriend or girlfriend with someone that didn't want to have sex? Would you marry someone if they didn't want to have sex?

Would you go out or marry someone if they only wanted to have sex every 6 months?

ADVERTISEMENTS
[Image: deathwing_1024x0768.jpg]

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I've come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"
i haven't had sex yet, so i'm not sure what my opinion is on this ;.;
i havent had sex yet either. but i would like to experience it eventually so if they didnt ever want to that wouldnt work for me.

ADVERTISEMENTS
"Once you assume a creator and a plan, it makes us objects in an experiment." - Christopher Hitchens
lol this question made me think of my guy. he almost never wants to have sex, even though I try. he's come to call me the Night Rapist because if i can't get him to do me in the day.. hey he's got to sleep sometime Big Grin but i have a high sex drive, so my answer is no if there was no way i could get some i'd wouldn't be with them. But then again I wouldn't let the relationship get that far.
Not important at all. I'd prefer to be with someone who didn't want or need sex. Yes, I'm asexual.
(08-06-2010, 03:54 AM)Jesse Wrote: This is not a question in general, but specifically to you. How important is sex to you in a relationship? Would you be boyfriend or girlfriend with someone that didn't want to have sex? Would you marry someone if they didn't want to have sex?

Would you go out or marry someone if they only wanted to have sex every 6 months?

A bf who didn't want to have sex? Maybe.
A husband who didnt? No.
Now, you said "didnt want to" not can't, right? "Can't" might get a different response here.
I might could live with the twice a year thing, if there was a good enough reason.
So, I guess sex is fairly important to me. For most couples who genuinely care for one another, I feel that the intimacy from sex brings them closer together. Or at least that's true in my case anyways. :p I guess everyone is different.
Yep, i am still a virgin but i do think that sex is the ultimate display of affection if its with someone you truely adore. If its just sex for sex sake then its pretty meaningless, i generally wouldnt do that.
Sex is important to me. I wouldn't walk away from someone I loved because they became unable too but I'd damned well look for a cure, treatment or creative alternatives...Smile

But I do know of a couple who've been together for a number of years and they chose to be completely celibate...

Different strokes for different folks...Whatever works...
(08-06-2010, 06:12 AM)Nina Wrote: ...Different strokes for different folks...

Big GrinBig Grin

lol... Answering the OP instead of making immature jokes... yeah, I'd kind of find it hard (ahem) in a relationship that didn't involve sex. ... it's a VERY intimate act, and it sort of acts as an intimate bonding ritual.
when you find yourself going through hell... keep going.
If it was a woman I truly adored, then I would happily abandon sex if she never wanted it. I would want lots of kisses and cuddles, though.

That is not to say I do not enjoy sex. Quite the opposite. If the woman I adored enjoyed sex, then I will happily rut like a hog.
"For know you, that your gold and marble city of wonder is only the sum of what you have seen and loved in youth. It is the glory of Boston's hillside roofs and western windows aflame with sunset, of the flower-fragrant Common and the great dome on the hill and the tangle of gables and chimneys in the violet valley where the many-bridged Charles flows drowsily. These things you saw, Randolph Carter, when your nurse first wheeled you out in the springtime, and they will be the last things you will ever see with eyes of memory and of love."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relationship Realities Post-Transition Aardra 13 817 12-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Nicolelt
  Which type of relationship is most special, a straight one or a gay one? AnonymousMe 14 916 11-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Yeti1980
  This is how a soul-mate relationship looks like ... IforgotPass 6 1,226 06-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: IforgotPass
  How important are looks, to you ? Mountain stomper 90 16,851 06-12-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Co-dependent relationship with wife vauxhallastra 12 2,628 04-10-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: vauxhallastra
  How to cope in a relationship in these times mate02 6 1,540 03-27-2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: mate02
  Old issue arises in new relationship mate02 7 2,193 03-14-2020, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Broken heart
  The Best Relationship - with God All Things are Possible AlertChristians 2 1,762 06-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Katrina
  A relationship with Yahweh! humourless 11 2,779 03-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Last Post: humourless
  What is your criteria for trust in making and sustaining any type of relationship? erifeulb 7 3,339 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan