New and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DutchGirl

Hi everybody,

I joined today. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a woman in my mid-40's. I live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
I was married for 12 years. At the end of last year I decided I had to get out. We both put a lot of effort in our marriage but it didn't work out. So, the last 6 months I've lived on my own which I love. However, what I didn't expect was the loneliness. I gradually realised in the last couple of months I don't have any friends. I meet people at work, but almost never in private life. I am a fairly easygoing person, but still I have no idea how to meet new people. Sometimes when I spend a weekend at home alone (again) I want to scream out loud. Well, I guess I'm not the only one, but I know I have to do something about it. I want to have fun again together with other people. Didn't mean to sound so frustrated, I still enjoy life as it is :)

Hi, welcome to the forums! You're right, you are *NOT alone. There are other lonely and frustrated people out there. I also try to enjoy life as it is!

One of my favorite musician, Arjen Lucassen is from The Netherlands. Thanks for sharing him with the rest of the world ^^

*Fixed - Sorry >_<

Welcome, Dutch Girl!

Hugs you warmly.

Enjoy your freedom, baby. The hard part is being lonely, but it's flip side of the coin of freedom.

Keep being with people. Go out, go to church, go with friends, go to the library or cafe and read and write in a journal.

You are welcome.

All,

Thanks for your replies, for making me feel welcome. It's good to know there are other people.

Jeremi, funny mistake, quite the opposite of what you were trying to say eh? It made me laugh :)

Latest posts

Back