What song always uplifts you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietGuy

Reaction score
Do you have a song which you can always rely on to uplift you when you're feeling down, even if only temporarily? A song which always fills you with warmth and light, always brings a smile to your heart, even in the darkest of times? A song which you like to play on endless repeat, because you never want it to end?

Here's the song that does it for me:

[youtube]sGNDlLiVBK0[/youtube]

No matter how sad I'm feeling, this song (listened to on headphones at maximum volume with maximum bass) never fails to lift my spirits. For me, it literally defines the word "euphoric". It makes me feel like I'm soaring like an eagle high above the clouds in the pure deep blue sky. It's so beautiful, it often brings tears to my eyes. I'm getting misty-eyed listening to it right now.

What's the song that does it for you?

Any Black Sabbath song.

Lately, Symptom of the Universe, and The Mob Rules.

thanks for posting that quietguy, i love it!!!!:):D i keep listening to it over and over. i think i'm gonna listen to it for the rest of the night:):D

thanks

So glad you like it :D

The city's beautiful, in the early morning air
Love the smell of sunrise, and everything becomes so clear
When your life's just a breeze in eternity
Why not take this one chance to come fly with me?

I find it hard to put into words how much I love this song...

I secretly refer to this as my "running" music (because sometimes I put it on repeat while I'm out running). It really syncs with my outlook on life in general and it helps me to remind myself to just ******* GO for what I want in life.

[youtube]maINUv2H8A0[/youtube]

nice bjd. definitely a good song to motivate in that way. i really like that song too.

for me...many disturbed songs, especially a few off the "believe" album, uplift me.

what is uplifting to me is to feel like i am understood (and therefore, not alone), and a lot of dave draiman's lyrics are as if they were plucked from my own mind. it's uplifting to not feel alone and hear it done forcefully!!!

btw, ctf, why not "shock the monkey?" :D

here is one of my absolute faves. it is uplifting to hear someone say exactly what i think... most people would think of this music as dark or serious or negative or angsty. not me. i love it. because it is HONEST. ;) this song is scathing assault on fanaticism, which is one of the few things i actually "hate".

good lyrics, worth a read. probably offers some insight into this aspect of my personality. oh yeah, and disturbed always needs to be played with the volume all the way up.

[youtube]ECcbhQVqOZA[/youtube]

"let me enlighten you. this is the way i pray." ;)

[youtube]v7LHIXWMEv0[/youtube]

One of the comments for this video describes how the song stopped someone from committing suicide. It is indeed great . . .

[youtube]5zYOKFjpm9s[/youtube]

That's a good song, BJD. One of the only Nickelback songs I like, actually.

About a year ago I was informed that at the fire dept. I worked for we were about to lose our ambulance contract to the County ambulance. That was the start of a long, 3 way political battle between us and them and the hospital with a lot of BS and lies being thrown around.

So every time I came in for my shift, I'd play this on the way to work and during my morning rig check.

[youtube]Aw78NYAv05g[/youtube]

It would get me pumped and ready to provide my best performance to do my part in keeping us going, and help me keep hope that we'd stay working. Whenever I'd put on my uniform to go in for a patient or when we were hauling one down to the bigger hospitals, this song was in my head. It was basically my anthem, and every time we bumped up to Code 3, we definitely Rode. :D

Yeah, we lost the transport contract anyway and they laid all of us off since the payments were basically 60% of our budget. And now I work for the County ambulance that I used to hate :p It was the hospital's fault in the end, though; it was them all along. fresia the hospital. Bah.

[youtube]SDWsYH-ajvI[/youtube]
The lyrics aren't cheery but the energy of this song always perks me up.

Unwritten by natasha bedingfield. Although i've never seen the video I like to imagine some crazie in a mental hospital locked up in a quiet room when she has a hallucination of someone singing this song. And the invisible girl makes dreams happen with a snap of her fingers. I picture midgets and castles and flying and dancing. And then right with the crazie feels comforted, she wakes up in restraints. I dunno, almays makes me smile.

Well the one I kinda enjoy at the moment is pretty dumb and sorta gay. But I really fell in love with the signing, plus I enjoy some good old fashion HARDCORE HOUSE BASS!!!

But its the lyrics, the idea that there is actually someone in this world that is made for you and will stick with you and be always by you no matter what, just because you know that you were meant for each other. Yes I'm gay for saying something like that but who cares lol. I know this isn't true and no one is really meant for each other, but its just the idea of just believing in this fantasy for just a moment. Oh well, Enjoy:

[youtube]w32YtlNslUk[/youtube]

Still Alive - Lisa Miskovsky
Also, anything from Colbie Caillat tends to uplift me.

Is just the trouble with music, uplift is just in short burts.

Very important to me is music, but i tend to be my own worst enemy in the department & depress myself in sad songs.
Laura Jansen, Evanescene, Avril Lavigne, all have the odd track or two that i go to when am demoralised.

But the aforementioned Still Alive is my uplifter, kinda like running music but i dunno, i'd find a link but i'm too unhappy to go listen to it & paste.

Wow, this is a great thread!

I love Still Alive, it's a great song; are you a fan of Mirror's Edge as well?

Cheaptrickfan, thanks for posting the Peter Gabriel song, it's wonderful! :)

Anyway, my favorites:

Matchbox Twenty - Bent
Matchbox Twenty - Unwell
Rob Thomas - Someday
Rob Thomas - Real World '09
John Mayer - War Of My Life
Papa Roach - Lifeline
Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith
Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Sting - Ghost Story

This one. It ALWAYS works for me. ALWAYS!

Sailor! Legends! Though like a lot of people, I originally thought it was a Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry song.

Oh, and this seasonal classic always make me smile too:

:p

A few songs that uplift me, though they may seem odd are:

I Want to Break Free (Queen)

[youtube]9hMrY8jysdg&[/youtube]

and Let Me Live (Queen) - in this case, I think it's the gospel vibe that does the trick. The lyrics themselves are not the most uplifting. They're kind of tortured, actually. lol

[youtube]zO4_u0_Dpa8[/youtube]

and hahaha, this one makes me laugh, which is uplifting too :D I swear, it's the leg warmers and the keytar that do it for me.

[youtube]OO5x8FW-Hu4&[/youtube]

Oh yeah, gotta agree with I Want to Break Free, CTF - that takes me back to sunny Saturday mornings during school summer holidays, sitting cross-legged in front of the telly with a bowl of cornflakes watching Tiswas!

^^Speaking of which - another tune guaranteed to cheer one up!

Latest posts

Back