A Girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neozoro

Reaction score
Right, short introduction about me i'm 18, a virgin, short, never had a girlfriend and am starting my gap year right now.

The problem is that I can already describe exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'll wake up, go to the local gym, then spend the rest of the day in front of a computer at home. I really want a girlfriend but the way I live my life i'm never going to make contact with anyone new, and even if I did i would lack the self confidence to talk to them, let alone ask them out.

I guess I'm looking for advice on where to find, how to approach, talk to, and generally be near girls.
Thanks

You've already mentioned that you're aware you're stuck in a routine.

So break from that routine. Go do different things and visit new places just for the fresia of it! You'd be surprised at how easy it can be to meet new people once you actually get out and try to experience new things.

Do you have a hobby (eg. playing a musical instrument) which would enable you to join a local society/group for that hobby? I think that's one of the best ways to meet and talk to new people, because you automatically have something in common (your hobby) with which to start a conversation.

If you don't already have a suitable hobby, then think about what hobby might interest you, and get started! Have you got anything planned for your gap year?

quit worrying you are only 18 years old. you have your whole life ahead of you.

try new things...if that is out of your comfort zone...like it is for me...then well find someone who is a homebody like you.

relax and be yourself! you will find someone..

After thinking about this for a while, I suggest to the OP:

Find a different focus. By focusing on the NEED for a girlfriend so badly, you're actually harming your chances of finding one. It would be best to simply focus on making your life more interesting and fulfilling for yourself... and then you'll be in a place where you're comfortable with your situation, and a girlfriend won't be a need, but a welcome addition to your life.

Welcome to where I was when I was 18. I'm now almost 23 and pretty much in the same place.

Wake up. Curse the sun. Eat. Browse internet. eat. Hate roommate. Browse internet. Eat. Read. Sleep.

Throw 'Work' in there for 2 days of every six. Sometimes I take my bike out on the trail or go fishing, but that's part of an even bigger repeating pattern.

Don't worry, the future's bright.

I haven't much to add to what everyone posted already.

Find something new like a new hobby and break out of the circle you're in. You're only 18 and there is much to learn. It all will come in the years that are before you when you grow more and more mature.

Dance! Social dancing classes are a great way to meet girls because you're forced to interact with them and them with you. Plus, there are ALWAYS more girls than guys so you will have the ego boost of girls tripping over themselves to get to you. In my experience, social dancing tends to draw a very varied crowd and churns out a LOT of couples, so there's a good chance you'll find someone you can click with.

futurecatlady said:
Dance! Social dancing classes are a great way to meet girls because you're forced to interact with them and them with you.

I can't speak for the OP, but that sounds like it would be a terrifying path to my doom.

Dancing would be fun. I'm not much of a dancer myself, but it sounds like a good time. Even if we aren't Waltzing in 5 minutes, a few laughs at awkward dance moves would be refreshing.

Well there is not much you can do from inside your room. You can hope that a girlfriend falls into your lap through the net... it happened to me... even if I did not realize it at first. Anyway, on another forum a guy told me this "going out is no guarantee of success. However, staying in is a guarantee of failure."

I know I am not the one who should be giving advice. However, dancing lessons are your best bet. Look at it This way, females love to dance. If you know how to dance they will love you. Or at least that will be a good ice breaker. You can also take other classes, you have a gym membership. You have to go to yoga. There are always tons of females in those classes. You just have to get out there. Just get out there and talk to females. I am trying to do the same.

A lot of guys will tell you that having the courage to say hello to a female is more than enough to get something started. Even if it is at the bookstore or in the bank. People will tell you that a relationship will find you. However, that does not mean you do not have to do a little looking.

futurecatlady said:
Dance! Social dancing classes are a great way to meet girls because you're forced to interact with them and them with you.

Yes! Exactly! Guys and girls are forced to interact with each other! Not many other social situations where that happens. I met my first girlfriend at a dancing class, so I know from experience that futurecatlady is speaking the truth :D

Even if you don't meet someone special, it's still a massive confidence boost to dance socially with lots of girls... even if you're not much good at dancing :p

AFrozenSoul said:
on another forum a guy told me this "going out is no guarantee of success. However, staying in is a guarantee of failure."

A very simple quote, with a lot of truth in it. If you want any chance of success, you have to get out there where girls can actually find you.

QuietGuy said:
AFrozenSoul said:
on another forum a guy told me this "going out is no guarantee of success. However, staying in is a guarantee of failure."

A very simple quote, with a lot of truth in it. If you want any chance of success, you have to get out there where girls can actually find you.
:p watch out there are girls on the internet. That is how I met the first girl who destroyed my heart.

Hey, l.a.girlfriend, a little about us;
Lisa Ashley's entire adult and professional life has been immersed in the beauty and cosmetics industry. Lisa began her career in the Miss California Beauty Pageant industry.
First as a contestant, then later as a pageant coordinator whose responsibilities included the supervision of makeup for beauty contestants in pageant s locally and across the state of California. Her time and efforts in the pageantry world allowed Lisa to foster relationships with many high powered clients and corporations across the state and nation.

===========================

*mod edit boring stupid 3 time insurance link*

Latest posts

Back