Crying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietGuy

Reaction score
It's 2:45am and I'm lying in bed, crying. I've been crying uncontrollably for the last 10 minutes.

It seems that every few days, my loneliness builds up to an unbearable level, and I need to cry to release the pain. But tonight for some reason the tears wouldn't come, which is very frustrating. Fortunately, this always does the trick:

[youtube]amH5UUFtlc4[/youtube]

Playing that on endless repeat always gets the tears flowing, and it's such a wonderful feeling to release so much emotion. I can now go to sleep peacefully, and tomorrow morning will see a new sunrise bringing new hope to carry me through the next few days.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a 27 year old guy and I cry about once every two weeks (maybe a bit less often if things seem more hopeful for a while).

How often do you cry?

i'm crying right now too. and listening to this [youtube]HGC003Xz3CY[/youtube]

I wish I could cry... it might help tbh. The sad music though? It would just put me in a funk I wouldn't want to be in and then it would be hell on wheels for a bit. Soooo not a good thing at all. Not.At.All.

when i signed on a little bit ago i was crying, and the first thing i saw was your post. there is a video that my kids are watching in the other room and part of the whitney houston song i posted popped on and related completely to something.

then i went back and watched your video, and heard parts of the whitney houston song in it, and cyndi lauper, (a very important person in my life) (more than you'd ever know), and part of that song also popped up in the movie.

both of those songs, you can hear in your song.

[youtube]wS53zuf_X10[/youtube]

(((((((((((((QuietGuy))))))))))))))

There was a time that I would cry at least every few days - not loud, sobbing crying - but gently and quietly into my pillow until I fell asleep. Even once a day was not enough; I cried upon waking up and realizing that I am here still, in pain, during the day, and then throughout the rest of the night. There were many times where while sleeping, I would wake up during odd hours, restless, only to cry myself back to sleep again once more.

You know that old Nine Days song that goes:
"This is the story of a girl, who cried a river that drowned the whole worlddd..."

You.
May I suggest: Let's drown the world together.
At least I won't have to be lonely and alone doing it so. :D

I used to cry all the time back during elementary and high school everytime I felt picked on. I was so sensitive. Now I don't cry much anymore.

My body won't let me cry, the rare times that I do feel it happen (2 times a year?) I immediately stop myself because it's hard to have any privacy in my house and if I let myself cry, there's going to be someone who's going to notice and it'll just be too awkward and annoying to them.

I haven't cried in a long time, but certain songs will put me in a thoroughly morose, melancholy mood.

ohh :(

*BIG HUGS!!*

I love that song it's so pretty :)

for me my immortal man just listening to that song and i can just cry

I don't cry too often, sometimes i let out a few small tears when I feel sad and frustrated,

But I don't have those big cries too often I cried in april last year when my parents wouldn't let me go to europe for the summer which was soo mean

*tear*

I have a lot of things but some songs I would mention:

-The song in my signature speaks to me personally. It's a song written by the band as a tribute to their old songwriter who killed himself, based on real events, and a confessing note he left. He killed himself by literally making a homemade guillotine, hence the title: the poet and the pendulum. But the words just convey how I feel so well.

-Next would be the song 'Eva' by the same band. It's the story of a girl who hates her life, and imagines herself sailing away, dreaming of a better place, and trying to convince herself that the real world is far away.

But the one song that gets me everytime is 'taking over me' by evanescence. It's how I imagine the girl of my dreams Is feeling right now, and I just cry endlessly over my longing for her to be in my life.

My eyes water when the sun's really bright . . . that's the closest to crying I do :p.

Nah, usually i'm fine . . but if i'm feeling really really depressed . . . then a few tears might come to the eye :(.

Hugs to OP and other posters :)!

{{{{Quietguy}}}} It's good that you let the emotions out through crying. I've found myself with tears in my eye's more than I like to admit lately too. I hope your new sunrise brings you some smiles to balance out the tears. That song is a tear maker....

Nothing wrong with crying, it does seem to release tension. I cry alot sometimes, other times less. It just depends on what's going on in my life and what my mental state is at the time.

Wow, so many replies... thanks so much for your support guys, it means so much to me.

csmswhs - I love those two songs. Whitney Houston has such an incredible voice, and that song really tugs at one's heartstrings. "True Colours" is also a really beautiful song, although personally I prefer Eva Cassidy's cover version:

[youtube]O-IObuU9WN8[/youtube]

Luna said:
(((((((((((((QuietGuy))))))))))))))

Thanks Luna
smallsmile.gif

Luna said:
There was a time that I would cry at least every few days - not loud, sobbing crying - but gently and quietly into my pillow until I fell asleep.

I have to cry the same way (silently into my pillow), otherwise other people in the house would hear me, which is the last thing I'd want.

Luna said:
May I suggest: Let's drown the world together.
At least I won't have to be lonely and alone doing it so. :D

I'd love to be your "crying companion"
smallsmile.gif

Seven Days said:
But the one song that gets me everytime is 'taking over me' by evanescence. It's how I imagine the girl of my dreams Is feeling right now, and I just cry endlessly over my longing for her to be in my life.

Oh my - AMAZING song
wideeyedsmiley.gif
Thank you so much for recommending it. It's absolutely perfect. WOW, what a song. I can see why you love it.

[youtube]FMkWGoI-GpY[/youtube]

You don't remember me, but I remember you
I lie awake and try so hard not to think of you
But who can decide what they dream?
And dream I do...

I believe in you
I'll give up everything just to find you
I have to be with you to live, to breathe
You're taking over me

Have you forgotten all I know, and all we had?
You saw me mourning my love for you, and touched my hand
I knew you loved me then

I look in the mirror and see your face
If I look deep enough
So many things inside that are just like you are taking over

Nina said:
{{{{Quietguy}}}} It's good that you let the emotions out through crying. I've found myself with tears in my eye's more than I like to admit lately too. I hope your new sunrise brings you some smiles to balance out the tears.

Thanks Nina. And thanks again for all your support, you guys really are the best
smallsmile.gif

funnypictureskittenshug.jpg

(I'm not normally one for lolcats, but I love that one :D)

i didn't watch the video. my computer doesn't have sound. i'm sure it's a very sad song, though.

boy, i'll tell you what. i've never been much of a crier, not even when i was a kid. i can actually remember the few times that i've cried in my life. once when i was a kid and my dad slapped me in the face in front of my whole family. i cried not because it hurt my face, but because it hurt my heart. once when i was a kid and i smashed my right index finger while moving some furniture. once when i was i kid and i was trying to open the window in my room and the glass somehow shattered and cut up my arms. once when i broke up with my first girlfriend when i was 14 years old. once when my mom beat my little brother pretty badly. i was sad to see him cry and i cried with him. once when i was lying in bed and suddenly realized how lonely and unwanted i felt. and finally, once when my grandmother died when i was 15. i haven't cried since then.

sometimes i think i've run out of tears. sometimes i think i don't feel anymore enough to want to cry. because of all the other things that i've been through, i feel like my emotions have died, and the only ones left alive are love and hate. bad things still happen to me. horrible things. i don't even feel them anymore. i've become unresponsive to them.

((((freedom)))) May it all get better one day and the wounds begin to heal. It breaks my heart to read such saddness from such good people.

@quietguy

Don't mention it, I think that's the first time anyone's ever appreciated music I've posted X). Usually my stuff is "too scary".

Latest posts

Back