hi im a new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
Im kinda lonely and bitter; I spent most of my summer on the computer listening to arabic music because american music bores me. I couldn't get a job because they either are rascist, wont train me, or tell me its not a summer job. Im not black im italian tho but the store owners are indian which is why i mention rascism. My other friend on the other hand got training to work at a deli but when i go to a deli its run by rascist indians who refuse to hire me no matter how much I train. So all i do all day since May when i got off from college is go on the computer and volunteer at the hospital for like 2 hours 3 times a week. Im seeing college as really pointless. Its good for the fact that i will have something to do but my gpa is a 2.7 and im going into my sophomore year. Im a Biology major too so theres tons of pressure on me to pull it up to a 3.2 before I graduate. I eat healthy and vegetarian but nothing stops my now moderate acne and I have past severe acne scars. So the acne scars really take a toll on me emotionally even tho im mostly upbeat in my own little world. Ive never had a girlfriend at age 19 even tho some people say im really attractive. And finally Im investing and making a lot of money in the stock market and wondering if the hard life of a science major is right for me. I feel like a need more free time to just enjoy my life while I can and dont feel like im getting anywhere. Last year was extremely hard work and w/o a girlfriend its pretty depressing. thanks for your time

Hey investor,

WELCOME!!!! I hear, you man!!! I am an American, but I consider myself primarily a citizen of the WORLD. I am for ALL people! Are you in UK or Canada? I'm sorry, yes, in some nations Indian people may be racist or insular. That usually happens in countries where there are strong identified ethnic minorities. They stick together for protection and to promote their people, even over other people who are qualified. It's not fair, but it's life. You say you are Italian, perhaps find an Italian employer? I used to LOVE Arabic music and I still do enjoy it--particularly Egyptian singer Amro Diab and Moroccan singer Cheb Khaled and Cheb Mami. Rai! Very soulful and passionate, exotic sound to my ears. I did belly dancing class once and it was so fun! Do you have shisha bars where you live? You could go hang out there and listen to Arabic music in a very laid back environment. As for the acne scars, there IS treatment available! You can have so many different procedures to get improvement--for yours self-confidence and appearance! Do you have health insurance? Go to the dermatologist and they may prescribe a medication or laser or resurfacing treatment. IF you have no insurance, you can get a job of SOME sort and just start saving up to pay for the laser or facial peel! Totally worth it and would make you feel great!

Hugs,

LG.

lonelygirl said:
Hey investor,

WELCOME!!!! I hear, you man!!! I am an American, but I consider myself primarily a citizen of the WORLD. I am for ALL people! Are you in UK or Canada? I'm sorry, yes, in some nations Indian people may be racist or insular. That usually happens in countries where there are strong identified ethnic minorities. They stick together for protection and to promote their people, even over other people who are qualified. It's not fair, but it's life. You say you are Italian, perhaps find an Italian employer? I used to LOVE Arabic music and I still do enjoy it--particularly Egyptian singer Amro Diab and Moroccan singer Cheb Khaled and Cheb Mami. Rai! Very soulful and passionate, exotic sound to my ears. I did belly dancing class once and it was so fun! Do you have shisha bars where you live? You could go hang out there and listen to Arabic music in a very laid back environment. As for the acne scars, there IS treatment available! You can have so many different procedures to get improvement--for yours self-confidence and appearance! Do you have health insurance? Go to the dermatologist and they may prescribe a medication or laser or resurfacing treatment. IF you have no insurance, you can get a job of SOME sort and just start saving up to pay for the laser or facial peel! Totally worth it and would make you feel great!

Hugs,

LG.

I am actually in staten island, NY but there are a lot of indians and blacks where i live and few italians; Thats awesome that you like arabic music I like to listen on arabmusic.us and my favorites are Houd, Bahaa al kafy, Mohammed, Ibraheem and Dania to name a few. Also Abd El Mejeed Abdallah is off the hook lol lots of crazy instruments!! By the way, whats your nationality? I've never heard of a Shisha bar?? How would i find one? Thanks for the advice on the scars; yea Im hoping to get Fraxel laser done in a year with money im making from the stock market.

investor, since you are sort of using this topic to introduce yourself, I think this topic suits the "new members" forum better. Dont you agree? (I'm moving it now)

Hi:

I've lived a couple of places and an "us and them" seems really critical. Where I am now it's just if your not from here but cultural rascism certainly does exist.

If financially you are doing well in the stock market good for you, this week was rough for my investments. Don't think of your science degree as worthless, it likely developed critical thinking skills that you are using in the investment.

Finding your niche isn't easy - I still don't think I've found it and I'm twice your age.

As to the girlfriend, it's very interesting to me (I've been here about a week or two now) and people's common issues are either 1. I can't find that certain someone 2. I've found someone but it isn't a good someone. Whatever you do, don't foolishly rush into it like I did. I think it's better to be single and lonely than married and miserable. There is no break from a miserable marriage whereas a lonely single can meet someone.

Welcome to the site investor, hope it can possibly improve your outlook on life.

investor said:
Im kinda lonely and bitter; I spent most of my summer on the computer listening to arabic music because american music bores me. I couldn't get a job because they either are rascist, wont train me, or tell me its not a summer job. Im not black im italian tho but the store owners are indian which is why i mention rascism. My other friend on the other hand got training to work at a deli but when i go to a deli its run by rascist indians who refuse to hire me no matter how much I train. So all i do all day since May when i got off from college is go on the computer and volunteer at the hospital for like 2 hours 3 times a week. Im seeing college as really pointless. Its good for the fact that i will have something to do but my gpa is a 2.7 and im going into my sophomore year. Im a Biology major too so theres tons of pressure on me to pull it up to a 3.2 before I graduate. I eat healthy and vegetarian but nothing stops my now moderate acne and I have past severe acne scars. So the acne scars really take a toll on me emotionally even tho im mostly upbeat in my own little world. Ive never had a girlfriend at age 19 even tho some people say im really attractive. And finally Im investing and making a lot of money in the stock market and wondering if the hard life of a science major is right for me. I feel like a need more free time to just enjoy my life while I can and dont feel like im getting anywhere. Last year was extremely hard work and w/o a girlfriend its pretty depressing. thanks for your time

Hi Investor, I am new too! Welcome! Give yourself time to adjust. Some people will always have their racial hang-ups. All you can do is feel good about yourself. No one likes to be rejected on account of their appearance, but it happens to all of us at one point or another. School studies giving you a hard time? I totally understand. I just switched my major to something that is more suitable to me. Nothing really prepares you for being a science major. It's really challenging and taxing on our time. I completely understand. Just give yourself time and things will start to come together.

Hey, at age 19 if you are bettering your education and making good investments, then you are ahead of the game. I know lots of guys that don't start pulling things together till at least their mid twenties... some take longer even than that. I know guys nearly thirty just deciding to get out of the workforce for a bit and going to university or college for a career/lifestyle change.

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back