i dont really know how to feel about this...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
so we have some new people at work. im getting to the point where when this happens they are starting to be a decent amount younger than me. these 2 new people are both 20, im 28. makes me feel kinda old, lol. anyway. the one guy has been there for like 2 months, was just working summer until he went back to school this week. hes pretty cool. hes a little nerdy in his own way and like me never got into drugs and rarely drinks. he texts me funny honeysuckle every once in awhile. he found me on facebook and friend requested me. i accepted and saw that he had just become friends with the other new person so i sent her a friend request. she accepted like a day or 2 later and then put this on my wall:

dude that is the most depressing Bio I've ever seen. Seriously. I want to jump off a tall building right now. We need to do something about that.

now first of all my bio is not that bad. its pretty much the same as my bio for this site. its just me being honest about how i feel about life right now. second of all, everyone could see that. now i dont really care what people think of me but i kind of feel like this was like messed up or inappropriate or something. at this point i had only worked with her twice and then seen her a few random times when she came in 2 rent or return movies. she seems cool, shes nice and shes friendly. so i dont really know how i should feel about what she said. does anyone else think that this was like weird or something?

Yikes. I wonder what she was thinking when she decided to post that comment publicly on your wall!
I'd say it was a bit inconsiderate of her to be honest!
If she felt that strongly about your bio maybe a private message to ask if you were ok would have been a bit more thoughtful.

i've known people kinds of like that

These people never talk about how they feel or what they worry about and when someone else does they think its weird.

When I was in highschool I was friends with these 3 brothers. One of them broke up with his girlfriend and punched out a window. All the other guys and some other friends just said he was stupid and he needed to get over it and to stop being such a pussy. And then no one ever mentioned it again. None of them ever talked about their opinions about things except to say " I like that " or "thats stupid". They were pretty nihilistic people. They had a very FTW attitude, but then so did I when I was that age. I can't believe some of the things I used to do. I would destroy things just for the beauty of destruction. One time we broke into an abandoned building and we just tore the honeysuckle out of the place. IT was beautiful. I've started to ramble and now I'll get to my point.

I think these people arent too smart and don't even understand how they themselves feel about things. They are very shallow and could never understand things like art or nature.

Basically what I'm saying is that girl is a stupid tool and she wouldn't be that interesting of a person to know.

And whats up with saying "we need to change that ?" Does she mean you should stop having feelings about things ? I bet she did.

She might have written that comment in good humor, and in some dumb way thinking that she was doing you some kind of favor by offering to "do something about it"... You never know with internet messages, since you cannot hear the tone, see the facial expressions, etc...
BUT: I'd be pissed if I was you! Somebody you barely know judging your life, and calling your bio depressing in your public wall?! In my eyes, she crossed a line and it is definitely not normal that someone you hardly know says something like that.

Sus, I loved the Daria show. One of my favorites ever.

Edge, she be trippin' balls. Don't be payin' her no mind, you know what I'm sayin'?

Edge--She's either very shallow, to think she can throw out such a harsh judgement on someone else without knowing the persons reasons or backstory, or she's too immature to understand the concept of someone even having reasons or backstory. Or she's just plain old rude. because that was a very rude remark...

I suspect she thought it was an amusing way to say that she wants to help you feel happier. It totally sounds like something I'd say, though I wouldn't say it to somebody I don't at least sorta kinda know.

Forget about it edge! I don't think it's worth paying much attention to. It won't do you any good neither to anyone else. Just be friends with her and get to know her better. You could even find out why she posted that comment.

thanks guys. youve just reassured me of what i was already thinking. i dont usually have anyone to do that for me and most of the time i need it, so thanks. :)

VanillaCreme said:
Edge, she be trippin' balls. Don't be payin' her no mind, you know what I'm sayin'?

lmao, i know right! she be trippin'!

also, daria was a pretty cool show.

i can see her point lol.

i understand thats how you feel, but your bio is not the place for that. a bio is meant to be a profile of sorts, not an in-depth look into your personality.

if you need an outlet for that - you should look into getting a blog, thats the right and proper place.

Latest posts

Back