chances to be social

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*heretostay*

Reaction score
ive been isolated for the past five years. i havent had any friends or hung out with anyone. i found a website called meetup.com and you can find a group that is interested in what you are. even if you dont make friends with the people, which i tend not to, its still nice to be around people and have a good time. if you're having a hard time meeting people or just getting out to have a good time you should check it out.

it has been great. i joined an out door club and im going kayaking with a bunch of people. i went to a cook out and another social event with another group, and im on a slow pitch softball team now. its been really great. im certainly not friends with any of these people, and i still keep to myself, but at least im not sitting around staring at the computer all weekend anymore.

I looked there a few times in the last two years and all they ever have within 50 miles of me are one or two meetings for political groups.

im sorry things are so far away. i actually looked for a year before i found anything. at first everything was either too far away or i didnt really like the people. but then i moved and the groups are much better here.

Minus said:
I looked there a few times in the last two years and all they ever have within 50 miles of me are one or two meetings for political groups.

If there is not a group near you, you can make-up your own group. Good luck in your search.

Latest posts

Back