What do you do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

André

Reaction score
Since you are a loner, what do you in your life? i mean, what are your hobbies?. What you guys do to spend your time?
---> Well, since I'm a loner, i'm always playing my bass, listening to music, watching TV and some videos in the internet, like enterteinment. I need to go out anymore, to see more people. I should do things that I would do if i have friends.... people will obviously think I'm a loner, but I am!!! lol
anyway, what do you guys do?

I'm a loner and I drink all the time and chat it up with strangers. I rarely watch tv, only listen to music in my car and spend most of my time here in the chat.

I have friends but they have conflicting schedules with my life so I just go out alone most of the time. You don't have to rely on the presence of others for inner strength, good ol' liquid courage does the trick.

I surround myself with the things that I enjoy. Games, music, movies, comedy, useless facts, wit. It helps take my mind off other problems.

There's way too much for me to do. Tons of yard work, the car needs cleaned out, basement and attic bedroom needs purged of old and useless stuff and the areas need to be cleaned. There's always laundry, dishes, vacuuming and dusting. Right now I can't seem to find the care factor to get going.

Hi-
I'm going to confess that I'm not truly a loner, I'm just a social dork sometimes. I embrace my dorkiness, though. I think it's a genetic condition :D
I keep myself busy by taking care of my 4 year old, reading (The Omnivore's Dilemma at the moment), playing around on match and eharmony when the urge strikes and playing my violin. And I work full time at an insurance company. :)

Teresa

when im not working i:

- watch movies and tv shows on dvd
- play video games
- listen to music while surfing the web or in the chatroom of this website
- youtube

if i can ever download and get working a decent movie editing program i will start making videos again.

Other than work, I watch old movies (as well as new ones...occasionally :p), listen to/play old music. Play the odd video game here and there, work out, cook, go out with friends.

I don't like how a lot of people assume we are loners... A loner is someone who avoids interaction with other people... I'm just shy, have low self confidence and live in a town of approx 4k, which majority are old geezers.

anyway, Things I like to do on weekends are spearfishing, drinking, and tricking :p

Watching television shows and you tube videos, writing, and I also day dream a lot, which includes me pacing around my house on most occasions.

I actually am sort of a loner in a sense. I do need my alone time more than other people, I think. I just don't want too much of it. And because of me being that way and also because of my social awkwardness, I think I sometimes get stuck in cycles sometimes of being too alone.

I haven't gone out and done stuff with friends since I was 16 though and I am 23. The closest to doing that I've done is going shopping with my Mom, which we do once a month at most.

I hear a lot of familiair things here... I watch movies (I buy more dvds than I probably should! :D), listen to music, read (mainly science fiction), gaming (mainly first person shooters or adventures).

I go jogging once a week and I recently joined yoga (which is also once a week). I also work at an animal shelter Saturday morning. I can recommend anyone who is lonely and/or has a lot of spare time, looking after animals is great and fulfilling!

Enchanted Girl, I know what you mean about day dreaming and pacing around! I do that a lot too... I constantly fantazise about being this very interesting, cool person who has a great life!

I'm a boring person, I don't really do much, I do have hobbies but for some reason they started becoming too "overwhelming", I have no idea why it feels that way, like I used to draw a lot but at some point I don't feel like doing it anymore because it felt like I've never truly "enjoyed" them, same goes to everything else. It has becoming really hard to find something I will truly like because I'm not motivated to, it feels like I don't like anything.

Day dreaming is probably the only thing that I do consistently, nowadays I put running back into my routine, surprisingly I've kept up with it, not that I enjoy the process, but I feel better after the running each day.

I collect My Little Ponies and MLP toys and other random things.
Horse riding.
Sewing, sometimes making dresses or clothes alterations on commission.
Drawing and sketching things.
Photography.
I love caring for my animals.
No exercise, unless it's walking, I hate it.
Sleeping.
Reading.
Playing the drums.

I spend most of my free time listening to music or on computer, playing video games and surfing the net. But music is really a essential part of my life and consumes a big part of my day. I listen to music in my bed before falling asleep and when I wake up in the morning, listening to music is the first thing I do. Sometimes I suffer from headache due to exposure to extremely loud music but it's worth anything(headbanger smiley here). I don't know why but when I listen to sad songs when feeling melancholic, I feel some strange relievement and happiness and feel better.
Anyway, my other hobbies are playing guitar, reading(especially fantasy books), watching animes and of course movies. Also I used to do regular weight training but I gave it up some weeks ago due to my depression intensifying. I'm thinking of starting again though because the confidence boost it gave me was huge. Watching my body getting in better shape and feeling stronger and stronger as time passed was just awesome.

I do a lot of walking. I am obsessed with abandoned/condemned buildings and I often break into them. I also like to find and download fake snuff films and other movies in general. I listen to a lot of Black Metal and French Pop. I also like the innerweb and talking to people on MSN. And I have 3 kittehs and 2 rats that I love very much. Oh, and I cook dinner for my husband. If I didnt do that he would probably starve to death, so that is pretty important.

Working on stuff on the computer, related to making games.
Programming.
Composing stuff on keyboard.
Exercising.
Playing on the Wii.
Taking walks (in the middle of the night).
Chatting on MSN or lurking/posting on forums.
Writing, but i get bored of it.

I play video games, surf the internet, and listen to music.

I also study very hard so I can grow up and become a diplomat :club:

i surf the net and play videogames. I used to train for marathons but I lost interest in it and I just sit at home and get fat.

We're all quite the same... Web, music, youtube, forums are all essential. I like reading books, and I am slowly learning to play the piano. I also like to just lay down on my bed, turn on some wondrous music like Tchaikovsky's 4th or Dvorak's 'New world symphony' or Schubert's piano works and enjoy it. I couldn't live without music.

And when September comes I'll occupy myself with schoolwork. That'll keep me busy and will actually be productive.

When I'm not studying/working I like to relax. The last thing I want to do after hours and hours of college work/studying is hang out with other people. I like to watch movies, listen to music online while watching random youtube videos. I also like to write, and depending on how I feel, I like to walk around outside and just think.

An ideal day for me would be sitting at the shore of a beautiful beach with dolphins swimming in the distance and birds over head and not another person for miles :D

Latest posts

Back