Hi!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgar

Reaction score
Hi! :)

I'll just provide a little background information. I used to have a lot of friends. My family and I emigrated to Holland in 1988 so I lost all my friends.

In high school I was bullied a lot which ruined my self-confdience. I became shy, insecure and withdrawn. I never went out much, maybe once a year to the movies. I did have some friends at school, one of which I saw regularly in the weekends.

To make matters worse, at 23 I developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It also came to light I had Social Anxiety Disorder. I had a hard time dealing with these disorders and finally at 29 it started getting better. The OCD was nearly gone. I also came back into contact with a friend from school whom I'd see (and still see) regularly. I joined an activity club and now have a couple of friends.

I go out about once a week, for drinks, movie, pool or whatever. I have come quite far if I say so myself. Unfortunatly I also developed a depression a year or three ago. Sometimes I just feel so sad and lonely, even when I'm with other people.

I've just been on holiday in London for 5 days, and I had a great time. I didn't really need the company of others. I stayed in a hostel so I did meet some new people. Now I'm back in Holland and the depression starts again. I've never had a relationship before and this too makes me feel very sad and lonely (and the main source of my depression I think).

Anyway, I just found this forum and I am interested in hearing stories from other people, since in real life nobody seems to talk about being lonely.

Thanks for reading! :)

Edgar

Hi Edgar, welcome to the site. I'm glad to hear that that you come so far with the OCD. :) Lots of friendly folk here and everyone shares comforting words....

Welcome to the forum Edgar :)

Edgar said:
Hi! :)

I'll just provide a little background information. I used to have a lot of friends. My family and I emigrated to Holland in 1988 so I lost all my friends.

In high school I was bullied a lot which ruined my self-confdience. I became shy, insecure and withdrawn. I never went out much, maybe once a year to the movies. I did have some friends at school, one of which I saw regularly in the weekends.

To make matters worse, at 23 I developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It also came to light I had Social Anxiety Disorder. I had a hard time dealing with these disorders and finally at 29 it started getting better. The OCD was nearly gone. I also came back into contact with a friend from school whom I'd see (and still see) regularly. I joined an activity club and now have a couple of friends.

I go out about once a week, for drinks, movie, pool or whatever. I have come quite far if I say so myself. Unfortunatly I also developed a depression a year or three ago. Sometimes I just feel so sad and lonely, even when I'm with other people.

I've just been on holiday in London for 5 days, and I had a great time. I didn't really need the company of others. I stayed in a hostel so I did meet some new people. Now I'm back in Holland and the depression starts again. I've never had a relationship before and this too makes me feel very sad and lonely (and the main source of my depression I think).

Anyway, I just found this forum and I am interested in hearing stories from other people, since in real life nobody seems to talk about being lonely.

Thanks for reading! :)

Edgar

Sounds like you're moving in a positive direction. :)
I was in London back in May....I LOVED it.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Edgar....O.O
Welcome to the forum!
I...I hope you are doing well.
If you wanna talk about ocd n sa...heh..give a shout at me.
-Kimma

Latest posts

Back