OMG! WTF are our kids watching these days!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IVIZ

Reaction score
I have two little girls from my ex gf. Seriously glued to the tv and the freakin things they put :eek:

I mean you would think you can trust channels like CN, Nick, Disney and channels like such, But the cartoons and shows they put these days are so way out of line and strangly abnormal of what a little kid should be watching and developing their minds.

Things aren't like they used to be...

I've been thinking that myself, but being a kid who grew up in the 90's, I'm just glad Dragonball Z and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are back on Saturday mornings lol. Even if it's right after Hannah Montana... :club:

That's why you can control and limit the TV time your kids have. Kids don't have to sit and watch TV. Parents let them.

Yeah, the cartoons on those channels these days are far passed what they used to be. Some of them are quite funny though.

I haven't seen today's kids shows but cartoons are probably the same as ever, you've outgrown them that's all, and you only have a soft spot for the ones you enjoyed as a kid......so I'd agree, cartoons are not what they used to be :)

IVIZ said:
I have two little girls from my ex gf. Seriously glued to the tv and the freakin things they put :eek:

I mean you would think you can trust channels like CN, Nick, Disney and channels like such, But the cartoons and shows they put these days are so way out of line and strangly abnormal of what a little kid should be watching and developing their minds.

Things aren't like they used to be...

A lot of stuff these days are so wrong and inappropriate, it also shapes the people who listen to them, maybe not all, but most. I suppose I could be wrong but I'm just going by what I know.

Cartoons today are poop. Parents are so regimenting in their approach to raising their children. Between studying for a kindergarten entrance exams and dance practice (because mommy always wanted to be a dancer but never did) when's a kid supposed to watch cartoons anyway? Then when he does turn on the TV he sees a sponge wearing pants or something stupid.

Loony Tunes
Pinky and the Brain
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
We grew up on that stuff...and we turned out TV

IVIZ said:

and

VanillaCreme said:
That's why you can control and limit the TV time your kids have. Kids don't have to sit and watch TV. Parents let them.

Nilla is right. Quit making the TV babysit the kids and put 'em outside to burn off some energy and be children. fresia the TV; kids should be outside playing sports and running around and causing a general ruckus, not sitting complacently staring at an electronic appliance.

What I'm really trying to say is that, when I was younger, TV cartoons and shows were way different and much more tame than this stuff that goes on today. fresia, I'm watching the freakin shows with them. Its not like I leave them in from of a TV and be on my way. I'm looking at the crap that they put and I just had to speak out (even though it wont to honeysuckle), But my point is, I just want to turn on the tv and try to find some good childhood cartoon or show to enjoy and what I get is a bunch of crazy, intense, over the top, violent, demonic, imorally dressed CRAP that they got our kids watching. Ok, I'm very desensitised by todays standard regular TV shows, but to little kids, this is what they are being fed on what and how someone should behave and understanding that some scary crazy honeysuckle thats on the screen is normal to see.

Whatever, I guess todays children are going to grow up in a crazier world than we lived in. : /

Well, I do agree that cartoons and shows these days are more violent and uncensored than what TV used to be... but it's hardly worse than what we've seen in history. Romans used to watch gladiators cut each other to pieces in stadiums across the Empire at its height... and guess what? The world kept spinning and humanity survived.

I'm thinking that we'll survive these violent, over-the-top cartoons, also. :)

Yeah I definitely agree, tv these days sucks. What happened to the good shows like Tom & Jerry, The Rescue Rangers, TMNT, Pinky and the Brain, Roscoe's Modern Life, etc. ?

[/u]Well how about introducing your kids to material besides cartoons? By that I mean "educational" programs. When I was little my favorite show was Bill Nye the Science Guy, plus I loved to borrow documenteries from the library on subjects such as history or astronomy.

Wow I miss Pinky and the Brain T_T Ben 10 is like one of the very few cartoons I find okay. I don't watch cartoons anymore though. Only my brothers do. But other shows like Chowder and Flapjack just make me wanna bang my head on the wall.

But generally asides from that, I think the shows being catered to adults especially teens are more of an issue for me.

Kids can't watch the crap on tv if their parents and other adults don't let them. It really is that simple.

Latest posts

Back