It's amazing what a little ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wah

Reaction score
... human contact does for humanity.

I was rushing to the local supermarket earlier today and in the hallway I ran into my ex-best friend whom I hadn't seen in four and a half years. I barely even stopped and we just said hello and muffled a few words to each other and I touched her on her arm like a semi-hug and moved on.

Five minutes later I'm at the supermarket and there is a little girl where the fruit and vegetables are and she is looking around for an attendant with a plastic bag full of bell peppers. I ask her is she needs help and she politely asks me if I could help her with the scale (customers do their own weighing). I take the bag from her hands, place it on the scale, press the number and it prints out a bar code. She says thank you and walks away.

Man ... I could totally get used to this feeling alive thing. It's like a rush of warmth running up my body and breaking my cheeks apart into a smile. I've seriously been smiling all day and it's not even Friday.

Man ... I am lone-ly.

I rarely post here, so, yeah ...

Anyway ...

I always get this feeling of warmth and happiness on Fridays as well. Maybe since I grew up with it, Friday being the last day of class for the week and all.

Anyways wah I hope you'll get that feeling more often and also for the rest of us here on ALL xD

I know what you mean just having a short conversation with someone feels like such an accomplishment someways.

It usually doesn't lead to a whole lot but sometimes if you're lucky enough and in the right environment a connection can be made, and sometimes a chance encounter can lead to outings and other fun things

but more importantly *BIG HUGS*

:D

kittenkiss.jpg

keep getting out there and you never know what you might find

Well, Friday's here and so far the smiles have been few, but hey, we're only a few hours in and it's Friday, right?

Sigh. That was a nice day. Wish all days were like that. I smiled through the day and into the night and the rush just kept going up.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be smiling much today, I have loads of work to do and it will continue through the fall pretty much every Friday over. I have one of those work for months at a time, free for months at a time type jobs and I'm always on a deadline, so Fridays are going to have to wait until December.

And yes, there is something about Fridays when you're a kid and the school is off. When I was in third grade we'd always go out after class and play soccer for the rest of the afternoon. What made it so special was that not only was it the last day of school week but the next day you didn't have to do anything and you had the whole day to yourself. Then of course Sunday would come and you had all that homework to do and the cycle began once more.

So, I want to hear from you now ... When was the last time you smiled and what brought it on? When was the last time you helped a stranger and how did it make you feel (bit of a rhetorical question, I guess, but play along)?

Anyway ... Thanks for the response, all. Hope Friday's treating you kind.

Well it's not Friday for me yet. Hopefully mine will be as good as your Thursday was :D.

Latest posts

Back