just the basics..........

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly999

Reaction score
HI

I am new here but I seem to be on a roll with the posts tonite...

there is a few things that I have never done/rarely in my life and would love to :

go on a holiday with another person

walk along a beach, in a forest holding hands

getting endless supplies of hugs

feeling all warm and happy inside

be some-ones number 1

go to cinema with a friend

feel confident at least some of the time

have some one to go to a hospital, doc etc appoint with me

someone to chat to about real things

just normal everyday stuff for a lot of people
it just seems like a circle as i dont have any friends i do stuff alone sometimes like go on hols or cinema. But then I find it very difficult to tay and talk to people as i have done anuything over the weekend to talk about. i am embarrassed that I have to do these things by myself.

thanks for listening to me moan

M

Hey molly999 the stuff you mentioned are alot of the things people who haven't experienced them yet, would want as well. You're not alone :) Someday I'm pretty sure you'll get the things you're asking for and maybe something even better :)

The cinema is a must in life. I'll take you in a heartbeat : ) I know the irony of how lonely you can feel surounded by people while in a cinema own your own.

Don't ever feel embarrassed for being stronger and more independent than others.

molly999 said:

i am embarrassed that I have to do these things by myself.
IVIZ said:
I know the irony of how lonely you can feel surounded by people while in a cinema own your own.

I used to feel very awkward going to the cinema on my own. I always thought people in the cinema would look at me like some weirdo for going alone. I was even embarrassed asking for "just one ticket" at the ticket booth. But I've overcome that fear now, and in some ways I actually prefer going to the cinema on my own. I went to see Inception in the big Leicester Square Odeon by myself, and it was great! If people want to label me a "weirdo", then proceed to label me baby! I wear my badge with pride :p

19421116x111.jpg

Cereal said:
Don't ever feel embarrassed for being stronger and more independent than others.

Well said Cereal.

That's why I don't go to the cinema on my own, I get paranoid going places by myself thinking others will look at me funny.

Same here, I can't go to the movies alone or eat solo.

Bars and clubs are different for me, I'd prefer to go alone since I only have a 2 seater.

Everything else on the list sounds great to do though, I'm just weird like that but when I like someone I want to spend all my time with them. It's hard to find someone that affectionate though, I just like melting into someone that takes my breath away and some women just don't like that much contact.

molly999 said:
HI

I am new here but I seem to be on a roll with the posts tonite...

there is a few things that I have never done/rarely in my life and would love to :

go on a holiday with another person

walk along a beach, in a forest holding hands

getting endless supplies of hugs

feeling all warm and happy inside

be some-ones number 1

feel confident at least some of the time

have some one to go to a hospital, doc etc appoint with me

someone to chat to about real things

just normal everyday stuff for a lot of people
it just seems like a circle as i dont have any friends i do stuff alone sometimes like go on hols or cinema. But then I find it very difficult to tay and talk to people as i have done anuything over the weekend to talk about. i am embarrassed that I have to do these things by myself.

thanks for listening to me moan

M

Hey Molly,
You can do these things. Don't give-up. Join clubs and take single tour vacations. My advice as to people asking what you did over the weekend is that it's perfectly ok to tell a social lie and say you went with a friend to the movies. They most likely won't pump you for info about your friend, but if by chance they do, just say that it's a friend you met at church or at the gym, etc.

I wish you much success in finding a few friends. Remember, the friends don't have to be close just to go the movies. To hug you endlessly, now that's someone who is more likely to love you.

Sincerely with Care,
Floating

Latest posts

Back