Suicide Suspension?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
Well thats what he calls it...
http://www.spellsandmagic.com/me.html

Wayup2.jpg

This was apparently for Halloween. Do you think anyone came to trick or treat?

Looks like a corruption of the Sun Dance, but not an issue.
Moving from the issues area to chat.

I've seen this done live at a tattoo parlor.. It's supposed to help you reach your Zen place :p
Im sure many here can relate, pain can be pleasure :p

It was actually really cool, the guy said he just kind of retracts into himself during it..

I've thought of trying it before..but was too chicken honeysuckle lol

Makes me think of those that use trepanation in an attempt to expand consciousness.

Hanging oneself in order to achieve some sort of spiritual release or opening has been around for a looooong time.

The way I see it, if you bleed long enough, hang long enough, or basically deprive yourself in any way, then you're going to start feeling physiological effects that are easily mistaken for "spiritual" or "mental" expansion.

^^ I did BJD...just...WHY?!?. Where does hooks in your back suspended from a tree meet spiritual enlightenment. I'm pretty sure it doesn't. At some point the thought "Maybe I shouldn't hang myself from the skin on my back for no good reason" should go through your head shouldn't it?!

I explained why someone would seek such an experience. The first time, it's probably about the excitement of simply doing something so ludicrous and kinda crazy. Or it may be about finding that "rush" that others talk about after they've done it.

When you're suspended by the hooks, you really DO feel something funny happen to you, and it gives you a sort of rush of adrenaline... which many misinterpret as spiritual enlightenment or mind expansion. There IS a measurable amount of excitement and enjoyment that is attained from doing something like this. It's kinda like a release of euphoria due to loss of blood, or a large amount of pain, or something similar.

Like I said, many people (of ALL religions) interpret things as spiritual that are actually very biological/physiological in nature. But then again, who am I to say that this is NOT a religion of a sort to those that seek to hang themselves from hooks? If that's how they find their center and stability in life... then who is it harming?

Yeah, I personally think that hanging from hooks like that is stupid and kinda weird, but... really, as long as the guy's not hurting anyone else with it, then what's wrong with it? Let him hang! :p

^^^For me, I think the worst part would be my skin stretching so far when I was hanging. I'm not sure if skin was meant to be stretched to such limits. :p *shrug*

Yeah, I wouldn't ever want to do that.

Frederic Remington (October 4, 1861 - December 26, 1909)

Mandan-Initiation-Ceremony-$28the-Sundance$29.jpg

Not to claim that playing around in the back yard is anywhere near as serious of an attempt as the Sun Dance.

^^^Wow, Minus! :O

I wasn't aware that this was related to Native American rituals of any sort... now I'm going to have to go look into this a bit! :p

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO INTEREST MY HISTORIAN SIDE LIKE THAT??? :p

I don't know how related it is other than apparently some people adopting the piercing for their own purposes.

grainofrice24 said:
Where does hooks in your back suspended from a tree meet spiritual enlightenment.

Well it's usually carried out with a big wooden cross, and involves an overwhelming desire to answer for the crimes of all humanity, cause that way God can still love us. Kinda like when you finally forgive someone after beating yourself up with guilt...

lol, have I mistaken a satanist for a christian?

Latest posts

Back