Some fire pictures

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
So our dept. photographer loaded up some pictures from our last fire, thought I'd share. I'll try and find some others to post from other scenes we've had.

This was a fire at approx. 1:00 AM at a local office complex. We saved half the building which was about as good as it was going to get.

"Ventilate the Roof!" was the order of the day. The guy in the hat and vest is my buddy Nick, an EMT who probably wishes he was still on the department. The blue helmet is me, and we're laddering the roof for ventilation.

1e6yqa.jpg

I sound the roof with my axe and scratch out the area to cut while the Lieutenant (red helmet) gets the saw ready. About two seconds later we had fire from the other side of the building and smoke enveloping the roof. We were ordered to vacate and never did get to make our cut. Modern roofs are incredibly weak and rarely allow for this tactic to be used. This was the second and biggest "Oh honeysuckle" moment I've had so far.

8wz2n4.jpg

Lt. and myself trying to gain an advantage from the exterior

2q0kcuq.jpg

They aren't the best photos...these are usually at night, and the reflective striping on fire gear ruins lots of pictures. But it's a decent look up-close, anyway.

Nice photos/story :)

Those are freaking awesome pics, man.

Kinda cool to actually see you on the job and honeysuckle.

Gobless firemens. :)

I love firefighters.

My apartment building burned down in '06.

There is still an article online about it for some reason. Here is a pic.

20060420ac_monroe_firePJ01_450.jpg

A firefighter saved my life. And he saved the lives of 24 other families. No one died, it was a miracle.

Thanks for saving peoples lives.

Brian said:
They aren't the best photos...these are usually at night, and the reflective striping on fire gear ruins lots of pictures. But it's a decent look up-close, anyway.

That is pretty amazing stuff, Brian. Thanks for sharing! The bit about the roofs is scary, but maybe I've seen one too many episodes of Rescue Me with floors collapsing on guys. :O

eris said:
A firefighter saved my life. And he saved the lives of 24 other families. No one died, it was a miracle.

Eris, that picture made my heart stop for a sec. How amazing that nobody was killed!

Latest posts

Back