full of death?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snow

Reaction score
If an outgoing person is said to be 'full of life', then are us shy people full of death? After all we are more like inanimate objects than our outgoing cousins.
Just a thought. =(

Hmmm, the saying "full of life" has always meant to me more of a person who was lively, energetic, and positive.... not outgoing. A shy person could be full of life, in my view.

snow said:
If an outgoing person is said to be 'full of life', then are us shy people full of death? After all we are more like inanimate objects than our outgoing cousins.
Just a thought. =(

Well... i guess You could say that, but You're just as alive as anyone else. Everyone got problems, Yours is obviously being shy, while there probably also are problems often chained to outgoing people.

snow said:
Just a thought. =(

No..shy people are not full of death. Death is just that..nothing. No laughter, no love, no emotions, just a big zero..nothing. See what I mean? Shy people still laugh, feel love and have emotions. They're just a little quieter than the outgoing types. Nothing wrong with that. Hey.. think about this...if everybody were the same..the world would be really boring!

Arianna said:
No..shy people are not full of death. Death is just that..nothing. No laughter, no love, no emotions, just a big zero..nothing. See what I mean? Shy people still laugh, feel love and have emotions. They're just a little quieter than the outgoing types. Nothing wrong with that. Hey.. think about this...if everybody were the same..the world would be really boring!

If everyone were shy then the world would be really really boring. Nobody would make friends, nobody would get into relationships and all of humanity would die. Shy people make everyone else feel awkward. It's not normal. I hate it when I'm shy.

snow said:
Arianna said:

If everyone were shy then the world would be really really boring. Nobody would make friends, nobody would get into relationships and all of humanity would die. Shy people make everyone else feel awkward. It's not normal. I hate it when I'm shy.

Oh I don't know..I like to meet people who are naturally shy.
It's like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get!

OK..so I plagiarized a little..no but really..it's the addition of all kinds of humans that makes this world so interesting. And I've had friendships with plenty of people who were shy. That's my view though.

Arianna said:

That's a really cool way of looking at it. :)

snow said:

don't be envious of those who seem to speak without effort, too often they also speak without thought. You may watch them and think "wow, look at how easy it is for them to connect with others, look at all those valuable experiences that i am missing out on" but noise and movement and energy can sometimes just be a way to distract, a way to run from fear, a way to avoid really facing yourself. Thier "social ease" can be as hollow and unsatisfying to them as your silence can be to you. If your shyness makes them feel awkward, it is only because they are not as comfortable with themselves as they pretend to be.

If you can be quiet within yourself, you can observe things that others may miss. Think of all the small moments of beauty that are only discovered by stillness.

plus think how loud and tacky and disorganized the world would be if it was only run by people who are "outgoing"...think lisa frank book cover translated into reality, ughh. LOL

mink said:
Arianna said:

That's a really cool way of looking at it. :)

I have another saying like that but I don't think I better say it on here :shy:

no, in no way are shy people full of death, just coz somebody u know is pretty outgoing doesnt meant hes a funner person than u. I know a hell lot of shy ppl who can be very fun , provided u give them a chance to open up. Dont think for a minute that coz X person has more friends/ is more outgoing that hes a better person that you.

Lol sorry. It made laugh. Its a funny thought. I dont think so... Shy people can be full of life and cool and funny and everything else.

Latest posts

Back