To all the gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
How much money do you think you spent on video games in your life?

Give your best rough estimate and try and include the following:

Consoles+Console games
Subscriptions
DLC
Accessories

....Basically anything related to gaming

I think I spent around $5,000-$20,000

Vidya Gaems: Easily $1000
Computers and Parts: $8,500+
Accessories (3D glasses when they FIRST came out, etc): $200ish
MMO Subscriptions: $900+

Total: $10,600

This isn't counting the games I've downloaded over the years

well i used to buy games quite often and then trade most of them back in towards new games but i have been so broke for a while now that i havent bought but a few in the past like 2 years. i dont think i actually want to know how much ive spent, lol. im sure its quite a bit.

N64 console and games: about $1,000
PS2 console and games: about $1,000 also
PC games: $500
PC graphics cards: $600

Total: $3,100

Yeah, in actuality it's probably pushing $4,000 :p

I rent games from GameFly, but ended up buying three of them so far. So that's 60. Bought SmackDown vs RAW! 2010 for 50 dollars, after I traded in my RE5 for 8 dollars. Bought CoD:WaW which was 20.

As far as consoles... my Xbox 360 was close to 500. My PS3 was 200. My PSP was 300.

And I guess you can include my GameFly, which is 24 dollars a month. I've had it for about 7, 8 months now.

However, I sold my DS Lite for like 80 dollars. But it cost me 250. I had it for years though.

As far as PC games, the ones I have for Steam were gifted to me. I did buy GTA IV for Steam for 5 dollars. Everything else is just games you can download for free, and play for free.

So.... yeah... too much monies. :club:

Oh, and XBL, which I buy a year for like 33 dollars.

Hmmmm... hard to gauge an exact tally because I frequently purchase and resell used games, depending on whether or not they're good enough to keep. So I've lost a lot of money just through reselling games, but...

2 x xbox (original) at $100 = $200
games for xbox, approx. $200
PS2 = $120
games for PS2, approx. $400
xbox360 = $250
games for xbox360, approx. $110
2 x gameboy advance, approx. $150
gameboy advance games, approx. $100
2 x gameboy adv. sp, approx. $120
gameboy adv. sp games, approx. $120
gameboy ds = $100
gameboy ds games, approx. $80
other costs (computer games, accessories, etc) = $300

Total = $2250

Wow... it's not quite as bad as I'd thought it would be, but still... more than is reasonable, probably. heh

P.S. Actual cost might be like $1000 more, because I may have forgotten a few things. Like my N64 and Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo and Dreamcast days. Quite frankly, I can't remember how much I spent on those things... but I'm sure it was a lot. :p

Latest posts

Back