Hi, I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howl

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how to start this so I'll just type and see what happens. I just stumbled across this board today by chance and the title really struck a cord with me, it's actually a sentence I've said to myself a few times. In a month I will turn 22, and in my experiance most people reminiscing about their youth immediately refer to their 21st year as being the time of their life, however the 21st year of my life has not only passed me in flash but has been filled with mostly dissapointment and loneliness. I don't want to post a giant essay for my first post but in brief I've been messed around a lot by potential employers, passed over for the few oppertunities which have arisen, screwed out of any potential future and watched from the sidelines as the few friends I have go on to bigger and better things, leaving me behind. In short, I live a lonely life, and I think I belong here.

i know how you feel about the 21st thing. i didnt do anything awesome that year. i dont smoke and i rarely drink so i didnt go out and do anything. its not like i really had anyone to do anything with anyway. it was just another lost and lonley year for me as well. welcome to the forum.

edgecrusher said:
i know how you feel about the 21st thing. i didnt do anything awesome that year. i dont smoke and i rarely drink so i didnt go out and do anything. its not like i really had anyone to do anything with anyway. it was just another lost and lonley year for me as well. welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. Good to know I'm not the only one whose 21st wasn't a raving blur of success and joyful memories.

Hey howl welcome to the forum

the young 20s can be a particular tricky time in many peoples lives trying to figure out what to for their life and such, but don't worry man you're still young and you'll not alone in this predicament,

and jobs getting jobs are tough and a pain in the ass process, but stick with it man, I'm sure you can things figured out

*hugs*

:D

Welcome to the site Howl.

I seem to have this rising need to go read ginsberg now.

Latest posts

Back