I want to start living.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I've had enough of feeling numb, I want to wake from this slumber and start living life. But how?

I do all the small things for myself and I have no problem getting about. I am however still not back in education, and i've never worked. Will the world of work wake up my senses? At 22 i'm really at a crucial point, i've watched all my peers fade into the horizon. I need some kind of plan before it's all too late. :(

*hugs troubled*

I can relate to you're predicament pretty well

espically during the summer time when I was younger, I no reason to go anywhere I had no reason to be anywhere except for home. And don't even get me started on employment *cries* too late, job hunting is one of the most soul crushing experiences I have ever felt

all that filling out applications updating resumes getting references gah, and with often little or no reward.

But enough of that negativity

have you tried meetup.com?
I've gotten involved in that a little it's really pretty fun and I've meet some really nice people and it encourages you to get out and meet people, over the summer I did some kayaking and canoeing with meet up and had a really good time :D

for education have you looked at all in community colleges? they're pretty cheap. My step sister is going to a local community college in my area and she likes it a lot so far.

There's also volunteer work and such.

I've gone to movies by myself a bunch of times just to get out of the house to get some popcorn and a drink and have a good time

what really helped me in the pit of things was biking just the sensation of the smooth spped, exploring the middle of nowhere listening to music it was great and the endorphins from exercise really help make you feel better too.

But don't worry mjan there are tons of people you're age in similar predicaments

I'm sure you'll be alright

*hugs*

:D

i'm 17 i dont know what to do it may sound cocky but i actually i'm smart but nothing feels right for me, i will continue to study but my plan B will always be the armed forces, they have many ways to help with education and they have several benefits im not a redneck

indestructible said:
i will continue to study but my plan B will always be the armed forces, they have many ways to help with education and they have several benefits im not a redneck

I don't see what your redneck comment has to do with the armed forces.

No one here would've assumed you're a redneck just because you're interested in potentially joining the military. Try not to be too overly defensive/sensitive about such things in the future, k?

Troubled I was in a situation like the one you described roughly this time last year, I had just failed uni and all my friends were doing well and moving on. I'd also never had a job, however I accepted a two months xmas job as a shelf stacker even though I thought I'd hate it just because I needed the money, to my suprise though I ended up really enjoying it. You might find you enjoy it as well, it takes up a lot of your time so you don't end brooding on what you don't have at the moment, plus theres a good chance you'll meet more people like yourself who aren't entirely sure what they want to do with their life. I made more friends in those two months than I did during my three years at uni. Once you've bult up a bit of money you can always go back to some kind of education, night classes, online degrees etc, after all your never too old to be a student. Whatever you do I wish you luck and hope you find what your looking for one way or the other.

It's only boring because you're not trying to make it less boring.

Get out and DO honeysuckle.

Life doesn't just magically give us a reason to exist. If you need a reason, MAKE a reason. BECOME what you want to become.

Latest posts

Back