HELP ANYONE ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
to make along story short, i don't like to show any feelings or emotion to anyone, i don't tell them my problems.
that way they cant see my weaknesses.
I've treated like dirt before, i got sick of it so i became me
i have what you can call friends, i hang out with them they tell me their secrets problems and else but i don't tell them anything i give them always a wise advice even though im a cold person but once in a while i would like to chat with someone and that he or she would actually listen of course i will also hear you so is there anyone feeling like me?
(btw i dont have any mental disease or issue just a regular guy)

It can be difficult to share your emotions espicially with guys, you don't have to, I mean if you really need to you can let off steam here ( I would recammend the what are you thinking thread :) )
so don't worry about it, but if you want you can try easing in like maybe today I feel disgruntled becuase of an essay and honeysuckle

If your friends can't know your weaknesses, they aren't much friends, are they? The few people I'm close with know me very well. Although, I still keep a part of myself to just me. I don't see anything wrong with not showing feelings or emotions. Somethings we just feel more comfortable keeping to ourselves.

i said what you can call friends they trust in me but i dont trust them they havent done nothing wrong but im scared if i tell them any of my own personal problems or show emotions honeysuckle man i dont know what would happen thats why i got in here to let off steam :/

^^^You're trying to control everything around you by holding yourself in.

You can't.

Let go, man.

Just live life and let it surprise you.

you know, i wasnt born bitter, i wasnt born cold or holding everything, i used to be a "stable" person, i used to trust people, but honeysuckle it, ive been through a lot, i cant remember the last time i actually felt happy, many things happened, many disappointments, before i decided to stop being nice to everyone :/ im trying to let go here

I don't confide in anyone about my feelings because I currently don't have any friends, but I also was raised to think that as a man, you're not allowed to display your emotions. That it's not manly to show that you're hurt or to share your feelings. When I did have friends, I shared everything with them though, and I was a lot less stressed out than I am now. It just feels good to establish that connection with someone. You owe it to yourself to open up. You'll be much happier. :)

indestructible said:
to make along story short, i don't like to show any feelings or emotion to anyone, i don't tell them my problems.
i have what you can call friends, i hang out with them they tell me their secrets problems and else but i don't tell them anything i give them always a wise advice even though im a cold person but once in a while i would like to chat with someone and that he or she would actually listen of course i will also hear you so is there anyone feeling like me?

Yes, I feel the same way. I don't want others to know how I feel.... but I listen to them if they have anything to say.
It is a lonely state, where you feel lonely everywhere.

Hi indestructible. In order to become closer with friends, you have to share a part of yourself with them. It may be a bit hard for you but it is relieving knowing that you have people you can depend on and can share your secrets and opinions with. Even a selected few are alright. You don't have to open yourself up to all your friends,

Yes, Indestructible, I feel that way too.
I don't know a way out of this other than the accidental way. Most probably, you will at some point in life meet a person who will make you feel comfortable. That person will slowly teach you to trust people again. I can only hope that this person finds you as soon as possible.

I tried it as a teenager but in time I changed as a person. I guess people want to find out what you are all about. Take opening up just one step at the time or try really to think about it. It would be something I would do.

*sighs*

It's nice knowing people with the same feelings as i have are gathered here.

Indestructible. Tendla. Carlito. We're on the same boat.

No one knows me. Even my parents. No one knows when i'm truly happy, No one knows when i have problems.

I stand alone.

There are also times that i wanted to talk to someone about what i really feel, but i don't have anyone to talk to. Right, there are these people around you who you're with for fun times, but that's it. I've been helping them with their issues, but i'm not sharing any piece of myself. Those times, I trained to be tough, and not depend on anyone for help or guidance.

Cause i don't need them. I can just keep it all to myself.

It's just that this morning, I messed up. Completely messed up.
I can't hold on anymore. Something happened that made me broke down.

So i looked for a site like this online where i can say what i wanted to say without anyone knowing my identity, and where there are people who could understand what you're going through.

Feels good, than just keeping everything.

indestructible said:

I'm like exactly the same way. I get to listen to everybody's problems and help them. But nobody listens to mine. And I've learned how to be untrusting and cold because it's the only way to cope with all the bullshit in my family. The only way I feel comfortable voicing my problems is anonymously on the internet. How sad is that?

Pair-O-Dox said:
I also was raised to think that as a man, you're not allowed to display your emotions. That it's not manly to show that you're hurt or to share your feelings.

It's such a shame that society says this about guys. Girls are allowed to get all emotional with their female friends, but guys must always be tough, macho, stiff upper lip, otherwise they're labelled as a wimp, wuss, loser, etc.

FreedomFromLiberty said:
The only way I feel comfortable voicing my problems is anonymously on the internet. How sad is that?

Not sad at all. It's so much easier this way, especially on a caring forum like this. Here, you know that people will actually listen, understand your problems, and want to help you.

Latest posts

Back