I live a busy life, but deep down I am lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalaleah

Reaction score
When I think about who I really have in my life, I get really sad. Sure, I have "friends" and a social life, and I keep very busy. I still feel like if I really needed someone, I would be stranded. I still don't have anyone in my everyday daily life to talk to. All of my so-called-friends have lives of their own and I am just someone to do things with. Even on reality shows about people who are so screwed up (intervention, true life, etc), they have families and close friends who are in their lives that care about them. Everyone I know has family to lean on, or real best friends. If I had an emergency, I don't know who I would turn to.

SO, if I am occupied, friendly, open, etc.. then why am I so lonely, why do I still feel like I have no one to count on, why am I still single?

yeah i kinda know what your talking about, i feel that i couldnt really get any help from even my good friends. this is because i need to find someone closer (like a girl friend) someone i feel apart of. the only problem is i can find someone that has the right connection. im really active (ask my friends) i tell them i want a girl friend but they ask why cant you get one? ive had self esteem issues in the past an got over them, i look great. clean cut, strong, lean but not too skinny. its not like im ugly. i just have no good excuse! somedays i think that the universe is simply saying; F YOU DAN, F YOU!

I know what you mean. I no long feel like that but I felt like that in the past. I dont know if I am the same as everyone but for me it never really went away till I made became friends with my current husband. There should be one person in the world who you are confident will always put you first or look for you first should there be a tornado or something. I think people need that. I know I certainly needed that. I think that with time you will find that person once you continue to be openminded and to look for that person.

The person doesnt even have to be a mate (sexually i mean), it could be a friend, or a sister or a brother.. I think that relationship just has to be there.

I hope you find that person and that you all develop a really good relationship. I think you will.

Good luck. :p

Yeah, I know how you feel too. I made the mistake of putting too much trust in my spouse. When he took off after I got sick I all of a sudden realized how truly isolated I was. Yeah, I knew people and hung out with people, but I felt weird having to call one of them to carry me home from the hospital. I put so much effort into my marriage I never developed any close friendships and didn't have anyone to rely on. It was a scary time, and while I've developed some friendships since then, I still run into a lot of lonely situations.

One thing I have discovered is that in an emergency, the most wonderful people will appear out of nowhere to help you out, whereas a lot of the people you consider friends will vanish the second things go bad. As rough as things have been for me sometimes, at the same time I've been amazed at some of the awesome people I've met b/c of my troubles. A neighbor I barely knew suddenly became my lifeline when I got sick, a wonderful person I never would have bothered to gotten to know before.

So don't be sad. It takes an emergency before you know who you can count on, and you might be surprised at the people who will be there for you, that you may not have even thought about.

Latest posts

Back