Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lonely at night time
Shy 
Sad Night time always make me feeling very lonely, I try to occupy my mind with funny stuff on You-tube, but the emptiness and the loneliness inside is killing me. I am also suffering from depression. So it not a good combinationSad
The pain inside is eating me from the inside. I am currently in therapy, but the loneliness inside is just so strong that i can't escape. I don't know what to do.
Unfortunately, loneliness and depression go hand in hand. Our loneliness makes us feel depressed and being depressed often results in loneliness b/c people avoid us. It sounds like you are really trying to do something about it by finding funny stuff on You tube. Do you like watching funny DVDs? Night time can be the most difficult part of the day.
No man/woman is an island, entire to him/her self. John Donne
Nighttime can be the worst part for lonliness/depression because it's just you and your thoughts until you fall asleep. Problem is sometimes your thoughts can keep you awake. And staying awake thinking depressing thoughts usually only makes things worse.

I agree with Venetia, occupy your mind with movies. Throw a movie on when you're checking into beddie bye station :p. Maybe try those "sounds of rain on an ocean" tracks...they're pretty soothing (at least I think so). That way your mind is occupied and you wont feel as lonely/depressed.
mmm...pancakes
Maybe read a book too! If you find the right book, you could literally get lost in it for hours (I know, it sounds cheesy.)

If you need someone to talk to at night when you get lonely, you can always PM me.
If all my friends were flowers, I'd pick you.
i know how you feel. im glad i found the chat room for this site. but when i lay down to sleep my mind always wanders and sometimes i think of sad stuff. i just cant help it.
"Once you assume a creator and a plan, it makes us objects in an experiment." - Christopher Hitchens
Wow I'm surprised at how many people feel the same way and at the same time xD If I ever get a feeling of loneliness it's usually always at night or when I'm coming home from school which is usually at 5 in the evening. I usually just play video games to keep me distracted. Books work well too.
Taengoo~♥
The pet is a wonderful idea if you like dogs they are wonderful companions. Whenever I'm having a bad day my baby(dog) lays down with me and ask me to pet her. I think she senses when things are not going the way I like.
I was also going to suggest exercise, work yourself out to exhaustion and there's no way you won't be able to sleep. I did that yesterday
Pursue some path however narrow and crooked in which you can live with love and reverence...
This is why i go to bed early....
Hey lonelykoalabb, I know how you feel, I have a depression too and can feel very lonely sometimes. I've heard some good tips here; read a book or watch a movie that requires a lot of attention to take your mind of your loneliness.

Hang in there! Smile
Lonelykoalabb, I can relate to this, this is what I do at lonely feeling nights, I just watch comedy shows from iplayer and comedians makes me laugh so much that I forget about feeling lonely. I do watch comedy movies, it does help for me.

I hope this might help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So lonely Basten 3 200 08-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: RovoR
  Lonely because of your principles Serenia 46 4,440 08-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
  Married and Lonely seeking friends tangy002 56 96,740 08-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Black Manta
  Lonely, worthless, I am close to giving up. Norken 6 588 07-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: TropicalStarfish
  Lonely Lonely Lonely Time humourless 1 493 06-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Scams That Prey On the Lonely Minus 73 90,797 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Last Post: PandaSwag
  Lonely Londoner Fomolone 4 886 06-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: BrettyBoy
  Lonely because of failed romance Sker01 3 906 05-24-2019, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Adrian7878
  Married life. Parts are great. Other parts are endlessly lonely. ARGH! Quietsoulseeker 4 995 05-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Broken heart
  lonely right now Bluesunshineday 9 981 04-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: graceforeverandever