Grief for the lost of a beloved one

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncherry

Reaction score
How would I know my first post would be this.
My beloved dog died before yesterday, I’m so so so… heartbroken right now even more than already was.
He was 12 years old, a beautiful mix of hound and a bassethound. He was the joy of my house, a member of the family, the spoiled one, he always happy and was like a little brother, always acting like child, although he was very protective around strangers.
He was only a puppy and I was a child the first time we meet, we grew up together and I wish he could stay longer and get old together but nature doesn’t work like that, don’t know why.
He’s the second close relative I’ve lost, the first one was a few years ago, was my grandfather who also lived with me since I was born. He went to the hospital on a routine visit but didn’t came back, I was alone when I got the call over the phone that he had passed away, it was so suddenly no one could say goodbye.
Maybe people who hasn’t have any pets who stay with them for so long time, doesn’t understand the pain, but it hurts as much as when my grandfather died.
The difference in this case is that I saw him died, my beloved dog died on my arms, I felt how he stopped breathing and how his heart started to stop beating.
The doctor said last week that if he started to suffer (because he got a tumor) we have to make a decision put him to sleep because otherwise it would be horrible death for him. But I couldn’t think that, for me it was murder, I wished don’t have to make that decision, so I pray to god to take him without pain, that someday he just wouldn’t woke up. I knew that there’s no much time left so I wish he could make it until Christmas at least. But don’t know if god listen to my prayers or not but on Thursday he took him, I didn’t want to see him died I didn’t want to listen him moan, but neither I didn’t want him to be alone maybe he would be afraid or feel that I abandon him, so I stay with him and sang to him with affection like I used to.
There’s so much grief inside my heart right now, but I wanted to vent a little of it.
So… for my beloved dog, for those who has lost a pet, and those who hasn’t but have a beloved one and someday they will have to make through this, I put the next anonymous poem. Although I know that he already crossed it because my grandfather is already there waiting for him in heaven.

RainBow Bridge Poem

I'm so sorry you lost your dog. I've lost a lot of pets and none hurt so much as when I lost my dog, Kooper. I had her since she was a puppy and she was 9 years old when she died. I'll always miss her.

I am so sorry for your loss. I work with animals and am a huge animals welfare (not animal rights, there is a difference, I am no PETA or ALF supporter thats for sure!) activist. Its never ok for an animal to suffer in pain, giving them a painless release from fatal pain is the ultimate gift we can give our beloved animal friends/family. But its such a personal choice of when to do it. Its never an easy decision, but it is a decision we must make. Even when people die of cancer, we have heavy duty pain medicine to give them, and often when it is the end of their time hospice will leave enough extra pain meds to OD the suffering person with (at their request). In no way is it murder to end the suffering of our loved ones, when our pets have given up, or in so much pain they cry out all the time, its time to let them go. I am very glad your dog passed with out suffering much. Its never an easy thing to make the decision to have them put down, but we must be strong and always do what is best for them.

I have many animals, and have had many over the years, for sure some feel more like family than others. Last year I had to put one of my beloved horses down, she was weeks away from her 23rd birthday, and had been crippled from an injury since she was a yearling. Had she been mine when the injury happened, I would have most likely had her put down at the time. As it was, I owned her for a few years and she kept reinjuring her leg and never healing back to what she had previously been. Though she was still ambulatory, I hated having her hobble around and reinjuring her self every few months. She had lived 22 years crippled, and animals dont understand why they are in pain, they just know it hurts ever second of their day. I was so happy to be able to give her the sweet release from the painful life she had know.

Here is a sweet poem called the Rainbow Bridge, its about the passing of our beloved animals.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

My dog is 13 now. I've had him since I was 8.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard.

<3

I am sorry for your losses. I know how difficult that can be. :(

I'm soo sorry, Mooncherry. I lost a dog a few years back and I was heartbroken. I know the pain you're feeling. *hugs*

MOONCHERRY, I am sorry . I know that he was like part of your family and you loved him dearly. I know he is a dog, but I know what perople go through with that loss. I feel your pain. I will say a prayer for you that God will strengthen and bless you during this time. I say pray IT HELPS, John

im sorry to hear that. for some losing a pet can be just as bad as losing a family member. we consider our pets as family members so it will be hard when one of them goes.

Thanks to all,
I realy appreciate your warms words. It’ll remain the beautiful memories of the past twelve years, and the love inside my heart.

My sincere condolences.

Although i don't understand your situation, i have at least an understanding of grief from the loss of my brother.

Im sorry to hear about your loss Mooncherry. Althought i never had any pet i can se how much they affect our lives.

Latest posts

Back