Social Progression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pair-O-Dox

Reaction score
September 5, 2010, or yesterday, turned out to be a pretty good day for me. I made social progress for the first time in a long time. I've developed an anxiety towards any real social interaction with people more than what's necessary, including my family. Yesterday however, my brother and one of his friends came to visit me and I actually spent some time with them. At one point, I did feel anxiety and wanted to leave but I stayed and it turned out ok. Now this isn't a big deal in most people's eyes, but it was a step forward for me.

I took another step forward after that, by deciding to visit the ALL chatroom. I haven't even chatted online with anyone for a long time, but I enjoyed it. I even got in on the Skype chat with everyone, and tried my best to sound non-chalent and normal but everyone was cool. I had previously deleted my Skype account one day after being tired of waiting for anyone to actually want to talk. All in all, it turned out to be a good day and I'm glad I found this site :). It's nice to be able to open up to people who actually understand. Thanks everyone. :D

Awesome, man. :) Good to hear the we have another potential chat-regular in the works! :D

That's awesome man. :) Take little steps at a time. I feel just like you do sometimes. I'm glad to hear you're making progress!

it is a big deal. im the same way with going to a place to hang out with a large group of people i dont know. and for me large group is like more than 4, lol. i always dont want to go, but on the occasion that i do go its never as bad as i think its going to be. congrats man, i know how you feel.

i think that is brilliant and you even stayed which is good even you had urges to leave :D

Latest posts

Back