Anyone else ever feel completely un-*******-motivated to do anything?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

njlonelydude

I don't even feel like playing a ******* video game because I don't give a honeysuckle about anything during this phase of my life.

Oh yes, way too often. Though, there are things I'd do gladly and with great pleasure, but they're just impossible. At that time anyway, and I just can't find energy and motivation to make any step towards making those impossible things possible.

Staying in bed whole day sounds like a good idea, I guess. But one needs to study, go to work/school, etc. (Wonder where to find energy to do something, feel completely drained even though I'm not and can do much, except for what I'm supposed to do.)

Not giving a honeysuckle about anything? Perhaps. Maybe try to find something? Or think about things and see if perhaps there actually is anything you want to do. Then get up and make that happen, eh?

I've felt exactly like that in the past. Video games are very soulless things anyway. The only thing that helps me at times like this is to get out of the house, just go for a good long walk, get your body moving, get some fresh air in your lungs.

Do you have any green spaces you can walk through? (parks, fields, woods?) I always feel better when I'm close to nature. Even if I'm feeling completely honeysuckle inside, just being away from bricks and concrete, and close to trees, grass, flowers, makes me feel a little bit more alive.

QuietGuy said:
Video games are very soulless things anyway.

^^^ Sorry, perhaps I should clarify this! There's nothing wrong with playing video games if that's what you're into! :) What I meant was: if you're feeling really depressed and unmotivated, then playing a video game is probably not going to help.

QuietGuy said:
I've felt exactly like that in the past. Video games are very soulless things anyway. The only thing that helps me at times like this is to get out of the house, just go for a good long walk, get your body moving, get some fresh air in your lungs.

Do you have any green spaces you can walk through? (parks, fields, woods?) I always feel better when I'm close to nature. Even if I'm feeling completely honeysuckle inside, just being away from bricks and concrete, and close to trees, grass, flowers, makes me feel a little bit more alive.

QuietGuy said:
Video games are very soulless things anyway.

^^^ Sorry, perhaps I should clarify this! There's nothing wrong with playing video games if that's what you're into! :) What I meant was: if you're feeling really depressed and unmotivated, then playing a video game is probably not going to help.

I don't care if you think they're soulless or whatever. I'm just saying that video games are made purely for entertainment, and I don't even feel motivated enough to entertain myself.

I know exactly what you mean. Entertainment can seem very shallow and unsatisfying at times. Watching a 30-minute episode of something on TV provides temporary distraction and escape, but it doesn't necessarily leave you with any deep feelings afterwards. It doesn't help solve the underlying problem.

That's why I mentioned getting outside and being close to nature, trees, etc. That's not entertainment - it's something much deeper, much more "soulful" and "spiritual" (if you see what I mean). It's like you're connecting with something much more substantial. You're feeling close to life itself.

That kind of experience doesn't necessarily motivate you to do anything, but it really helps to fill up the "emptiness" inside you.

Don't listen to the part of you that says "I have no energy to do _________" . Just do it, don't think about it. That's how stuff gets done.

totally ya even during the summer I had times where I didn't even care about videogames

It's the worst in the morning when I wake up, and I don't feel like doing anything there's nothing to do, so I go back to sleep and sleep till 4 in the afternoon

but what's even worse than that is these essays

*cries*

I am never motivated to do anything. I dont have any goals. Everything Ive wanted to do I have done already and all I want to do is be self indulgent and study what I want, go where I want and do whatever that moment tells me to do. Its actually part of my personality disorder. I try to take it as a gift, and go on adventures all the time. I have, however, stopped hitchhiking. That once almost got dangerous. I dont care what I am "supposed to do."

You shouldnt care about getting the motivation ....just go outside and do it. Do something you hate. Go somewhere you would never go and behave like you want to behave, not how you should. It is ok to have no motivation but inactivity is inexcusable. Do what I do ! Break into abandoned buildings and take pictures. Or go get a prostitute or something, I dont know your interests.......

yea i know how you feel right now. i used to play video games all the time. now im just kind of... meh. ill play a game if i really like it, but i dont really play those random games anymore like i used to. ive been spending more time on the computer just being bored and listening to music lately.

It's a symptom of depression. Losing all interest in all activities and feeling like they are too hard to do.

And yea, I've been there, too. It sucks.

I understand how you feel.....not feeling motivated to do anything..

I wake up in the morning and just head back to sleep cause I know theres nothing to look forward to that's positive......watching tv, video games, movies, reading, even drawing that I love doing don't feel like fun anymore.....

I just listen to music and spend time on the computer not doing much besides sorting my files and folders or just randomly browsing....and I clean the house..laundry and stuff ..just for the sake of doing something productive you know .__.

*sigh* but not feeling motivated clearly is a sign of depression.....I hope you'll find your way out of this situation ^^

Yeah i was trying to get into the habbit of running again ( esp with my trip to Nepal coming up in Feb) , but for the last few weeks i just cant be bothered. I am determined to go this afternoon, but the slightest excuse will cancel this.

I went for a run....the hardest part was getting off my arse and getting to the door.

I had a bath when i got back, so that was less than a hour keeping myself busy.....been bored out of my mind since. There was a knock at the door earlier and i didnt answer it ( or even look who it was) It would probably be someone selling shite.....but the lonlier i become , the more i avoid people, which dosnt make sense.

I've been chewing on my lip and drumming my fingers for a few hours now, I may take up smoking again, just to give my poor lips a break.....

njlonelydude said:
I don't even feel like playing a ******* video game because I don't give a honeysuckle about anything during this phase of my life.

I feel that way all the time, and it ******* sucks, and I wish it would go away, and nothing I do helps.

hi mr. shankley, horray for runners, you can do it!

and i feel unmotivated right after work, when i should shower, instead i get all stinking into my bed, under my sheets and fall asleep untill dinner

i sleep on a bare matress alot....

loketron said:

and i feel unmotivated right after work, when i should shower, instead i get all stinking into my bed, under my sheets and fall asleep untill dinner

Hi loketron ;) I will try and go once a week from now ....thats not too much to ask. I walk every day and i will do a 20 mile walk shortly, depending on the weather.

Mr.shankly said:
loketron said:

Hi loketron ;) I will try and go once a week from now ....thats not too much to ask. I walk every day and i will do a 20 mile walk shortly, depending on the weather.

wow that is great :) exercise really does help with so many things

and you can listen to your ipod :p

I try to walk at least a mile or 2 everyday, and living in these damned hills makes it a challenge.

good luck :)

Latest posts

Back