WayyyyTooLonely[help]

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHateArtist

Reaction score
I have no one.... I am even growing distant from my mom ( the only person I have.) I'm 19 and I have plans to go into the military. My only problem is I've had surgery so I have to wait 4 more months. I have no one here in this small town. I was in a serious relationship with a girl for three years (started in high school.) This is where I made all my friends in the area I live in. Well I'm not with her anymore(which I'm also dealing with right now) and in the process of this relationship I lost all of my friends, because of the relationship....which I hate to admit. So....I'm stuck in my room from day to day. Trying to distract myself with video games, or reading, or this stupid site called stickam. That site is the only place I get social interaction. I am scared to go to some random place where people would have thing in common, because I'm afraid my negativity or being away from the social scene for so long will just get my ass rejected...even if I made ties in this small town all they would want to do is do drugs and drink...its kind of made me stereotype everyone in my age group into this "they only wanna get wasted and fresia up their minds"

I can't picture myself lasting these four months and not going insane....this stress is really difficult....I haven't had trouble being alone before and now its so freakin hard. Can anyone give me some advice? I really do just want to have some people to hang out with and have fun with...resources have run dry...

Hi, Hate, and welcome. I know the internet isn't the most ideal place to have conversations, but for the four months you have to wait to join the military, I think it's a better option than hanging out with folks who might make you feel even worse, or bring you down even further. We do have a chat room for the site as well - it's moderated, so no need to worry about people being obnoxious to you. You should check it out sometime.

The link for the chat room is in the upper right corner of this page...right beside "open buddy list" and "shoutbox."

Again, welcome.

**** dude, it's going to be tough-as-hell for you in the military with an attitude.
I personally don't have any military experience, but I bet it's full of a bunch of alpha male types. If you're perceived as "weak" I'm not sure how your fellow servicemen will treat you. But as I said, I don't know anything about the military so I could be completely wrong.

There's nothing wrong with military service, but to me it seems like you're joining it to escape the problems of your life which isn't a good idea.

Wait...weak? He doesnt stike me as being weak AT ALL. He will make friends and have a comradery with a lot of his fellow service members. He sounds like he actually has his head screwed on pretty straigh to me. He's 19, has a plan and it doesn't include drugs and alcohol.

KUDOS to you, Hate.

The military isn't just a "bunch of alpha males." They're men and women who want to serve and protect their country.

Anyway... If joining the military is what you have passion for, then it's worth the wait. Just hang on. The best times of your life has yet to come.

njlonelydude said:
I personally don't have any military experience, but I bet it's full of a bunch of alpha male types.

I was so busy replying to Hate, that I forgot to reply to this part...

Umm....no, the military isn't filled with a "bunch of alpha males."
I'm qualified to say so as well. The military can also provide a person with opportunities they could never imagine as well. It's the not easiest life, but it can be very rewarding.

EveWasFramed said:
Wait...weak? He doesnt stike me as being weak AT ALL. He will make friends and have a comradery with a lot of his fellow service members. He sounds like he actually has his head screwed on pretty straigh to me. He's 19, has a plan and it doesn't include drugs and alcohol.

KUDOS to you, Hate.
No, I don't think he's weak, but that's how he might be perceived.
To me it seems like he wrote his post in a kind of a rush, so it does seem like a hasty decision.

VanillaCreme said:
The military isn't just a "bunch of alpha males." They're men and women who want to serve and protect their country.
That's why I said "I could be wrong." However, you know there are people who join the military and think they're the next Rambo. I'm not saying that's the majority, but it would suck to end up with people like that.

njlonelydude said:
you know there are people who join the military and think they're the next Rambo.

lmao, there are people at the gym like that too. :D

EveWasFramed said:
njlonelydude said:
you know there are people who join the military and think they're the next Rambo.

Yeah, but at least at the gym you can avoid them, whereas if you're stationed with them you're stuck with them.

Alright to nj
The post was in a haste, for help, but my decision to join has been ongoing for awhile now.

"lmao, there are people at the gym like that too."

Thought that was funny Eve

TheHateArtist said:
Alright to nj
The post was in a haste, for help, but my decision to join has been ongoing for awhile now.

LOL, now I look like a huge ass.

EveWasFramed said:

Hell you don't have to go to a gym to find them :)

njlonelydude said:
TheHateArtist said:
Alright to nj

LOL, now I look like a huge ass.

lol, nah... :p OK, maybe a little, but we forgive you. :D

YEAH NJ
no worries man!
your not an ass haaa
come chat it up sometime! or write me! say whats up! honeysuckle whatever
interested to meet ya!

Latest posts

Back