I'm pretty when you're drunk....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PurpleDays

Red-head (naturally), petite, average build (by no means conventionally 'fat')... cannot dance for anything...

Where is a good place to meet people? Not necessarily (sexual) partners, but also just friends. Literally, JUST friends.

I mean, i've tried to fulfil the coffee shop cliche, but all I had was a REALLY attractive guy glancing at me, then I realised he was wearing a wedding ring. I go to exercise classes and swim and the gym, but that's all for my personal fitness, nothing to do with social meetings (red face and breathless... mmm... plus, I need my concentration)....

I read, but don't want to join a bookgroup, plus I work every single day, so no real time for volunteering... done it in the past before, helped out at a museum, which was fun, but wore me out...

help?!

PurpleDays said:
petite, average build (by no means conventionally 'fat'

Not to be contrary or anything... but aren't "petite" and "average" two different sizes? lol if you could explain what you meant here, in as much detail as possible, I would be grateful. Don't forget to mention the bewbs. :p

Basically, you can meet people just about anywhere. Usually you'll want to find a place where conversation is possible, or where others aren't obviously too busy. Volunteering, the park, shopping centers, book stores... these are all good places to "bump" into people and arrange convenient accidents that allow you to meet someone. "Oops! I didn't mean to spill my drink on you!" :p

If none of that is working for you, try going to another level of your search and be a bit crazy about it. Set up a chair outside sometime and loudly declare to everyone that you're a free therapist. Visit as many conventions and speech forums as possible. You'd be surprised how many friends you could make at a timeshare presentation or hypnotism workshop. ^_^ lol

When I was 19 I was stuck in Logan, West Virginia for like a MONTH. Gah. Seriously.Hell on earth.

I only knew like 3 people, so we went to wallmart all the time. That was the only place in 30 miles that an under 21 person could go to.

We sometimes handed out pamphlets to people outside. We would just grab some from inside and just walk up to people and smile; hand them the pamphlet and talk if THEY wanted to talk, but mostly just hand them out.

So, you should do that. Go to wallmart and figure out a way to draw attention. When the salesman comes to stop you start flirting.

I dont know :( I dont know how to meet like-minded people in my area at all :( so , I cant give great advice

Petite, height-wise (5'4" on a good day... haha). Average build. MLIA, y'know? Haha.

I wish I could find a bunch of friends and go out every night. I love hosting parties and cooking for people and making people drinks and watching films and laughing at stupid stuff.

Just... people can't be bothered with me, I guess. (obvs not referring to you guys, :p )

Jedi, I think she means petite body, with the build of her is average. As in, you can be petite but kind of skinny, or petite and kind of plump. I think petite is used in the "short" manner. Although, she may be on the smaller side. (hmm)

well im not drunk and i saw that pic you posted and i think your pretty.

I"m sure you're being hard on yourself...

:/

*hugs* we are our own toughest critics.

edgecrusher said:
well im not drunk and i saw that pic you posted and i think your pretty.

Same!

Hmm, there's no one at work, at the pool or at the gym that you find interesting/friendly?

Noone talks to me at the gym.... and work... noone really talks to me that much either.

It kinda sucks.

PurpleDays said:
Noone talks to me at the gym.... and work... noone really talks to me that much either.

It kinda sucks.

Maybe they're waiting for you to start the conversation.
Try talking to them! :D

Latest posts

Back