How to Live a Life of Celibacy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

I can't believe it's 2:15pm, Saturday, and I have not even combed my hair yet. I look like honeysuckle and should probably shower soon. My only saving grace is that I don't smell like honeysuckle, for now, anyway.

Due to extreme social retardation and my lack of faith in myself and my fellow people; I have decided to learn to embrace a life of celibacy.

I spent the past hour or so searching up articles and websites that could possibly help me take part in this lifestyle change.

Here's one of the articles that I pulled up:

How to Live a Life of Celibacy
By an eHow Contributor

Choosing a life of celibacy is almost always a means of moving closer to God, in whatever form the individual believes. While the personal choice to become or remain celibate for a lifetime is a difficult one, there are a few ways to help you through difficult times and ensure that celibacy remains a healthy choice. Read on to learn how to live a life of celibacy.

1. Find a mentor who either is celibate or has practiced periods of celibacy who can help you to vocalize and clarify your thoughts and feeling. This same person can be great support once you make your decision to live a life of celibacy, and can offer guidance when things become difficult.

2. Protect your celibacy by avoiding temptation. Do not participate in activities with people with whom you share a sexual attraction, read books or watch movies that might have sexual content or put yourself in any other situations that may incite sexual excitement. Do not be afraid to speak up and say "No" to an activity, even if others will not understand, as it will require strong will and confidence to maintain celibacy.

No worries about having to participate in activities with people, since they're all too caught up in their lives to have me included.
Books, movies...I hate romance to begin with, so that should be fairly straight-forward. I think it would make me orgasm if I could go to my local Chapters and destroy the shelves upon shelves of romance novels there.
Oh, and it would be multiple - not *just* one.
That's how much I hate romance.
SEE HOW PASSIONATE I AM.

3. Have a backup plan for moments when temptation becomes difficult. Develop a personal mantra, practice meditation or deep breathing, call your mentor, pray or exercise. Whatever you choose, a backup plan is extremely important so that you can calm your mind and body in difficult moments.

I already have this figured out.
I alternate between the following methods of coping, or even at times a combination of them all:
1. Cry.
2. Go online, make a thread or post about how everything sucks, have people say "Oh...I understand/ You're not alone/ Chin up! :)", then feel better. After going offline, sulk in the darkness of my room, turn some angry music on, and fall asleep.
3. Get some ice cream, feel better while eating it, and after I'm done; the realization I've consumed approximately 1000+ honeysuckle calories leaves me to feel worse.

4. Become involved in activities which you can be passionate about. Whether you practice yoga, play a musical instrument, create works of art, study religion or work within the community, having drive and focus in an activity that has nothing to do with sex will help to distract your mind and keep you satisfied in other ways.

I can draw stick people. :D

5. Keep a daily journal of your thought, emotions, triumphs and difficulties. A journal helps you to track your progress and remain strong each and every day.

ALL = A Lonely Luna

*tear-tear*

overcat.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Luna)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I luffz you.

And I totally think You should be supreme ALL Empress Overlord and parcel us out a set number of posts each day, giving us a reputation when we've pleased you. (hello)

i love these posts. luna, with a witty personality like yours it is amazing guys are beating down your door for dates. you crack me up. have faith! :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gentlemen, we have failed yet another woman in need. :(

WHAT THE fresia IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD?

We men on ALL need to form a Department of Orgasmic Intervention Tactics... or "DO-IT":

tactical%20team6.jpg

Our mission will be to seek out women of lonely status and facilitate their sexual needs and desires... for FREEEEEEE.

Tactically.

fresia yeaaaaahhhh. :D

Badjedidude said:

We men on ALL need to form a Department of Orgasmic Interventive Tactics... or "DO-IT":

Our mission will be to seek out women of lonely status and facilitate their sexual needs and desires... for FREEEEEEE.

Tactically.

Badjedidude said:

We men on ALL need to form a Department of Orgasmic Interventive Tactics... or "DO-IT":

Tactically.

YES! I'm with ya BJD! War on celibacy!

I have a dream!!....Where no girl shall be left physically unsatisfied! Where no man shall be shut down by unappreciative women while there are women out there like Luna who deserve a good man. Where everyone, regardless of gender, race, color, creed, height (and/or width :p ) gets as much good lovin' as they **** WELL PLEASE!! OORAH and AMEN!!

I am personally available for sexy, candle-lit evening trysts, complete with hour-long back rubs and wine under the full moon and a meal cooked by yours truly. We will slow dance, if you please, or perhaps you will enjoy a warm rose-petal bath before we retire to a night of passion.

Alternatively, select the 'Crazy Sweaty Service Worker Affair' package, and I will kick in your door, medical bag and oxygen kit strapped across my somewhat-broad, glistening pectorals, and I will begin some....resuscitative care.

*adjusts tie*

PM me your address and available times, ladies, and let the fires of passion burn away all else.

Yours truly,
--Brian
DO-IT Junior Agent

(Ok, now someone else do one)

grainofrice24 said:
Badjedidude said:

Tactically.

YES! I'm with ya BJD! War on celibacy!

I have a dream!!....Where no girl shall be left physically unsatisfied! Where no man shall be shut down by unappreciative women while there are women out there like Luna who deserve a good man. Where everyone, regardless of gender, race, color, creed, height (and/or width :p ) gets as much good lovin' as they **** WELL PLEASE!! OORAH and AMEN!!

HURAH! Where's the nearest recruiting office? :)

*Hugs Luna* :)

(((((Luna))))))

I am sure there are tons of guys out there that would like you. I think I am a little confused by what you mean by celibacy. I know what it is....but, if you just wanted to have sex with someone you would have absolutly no trouble finding someone. I am really not that great looking and Ive always had a sexual partner. You just have to be forward with people that are looking for sex. Men are often scared shitless of agressive women and just dont know how to approach you. Leave notes on peoples windshields that you see in adult bookstores. I have. Sorry if I just grossed you out because that is not what you meant :(

But if you mean celibacy as not having a sexual relationship because you are not in a romantic relationship...I feel for you. It hurts. I spent years hurting like that. It doesnt have anything to do with you as a person. But you shouldnt give up. I didnt find a real love until I was 27. So, please, dont give up just yet. Oh, and craigslist is really great. You dont just have to be looking for sex...there are platonic sections and dating sections and, of course, sections where people are looking to pay someone to pee in their backyard on camera, but the possibillities are endless.

Sorry I can't help you Luna..I am a walking libido.
I think I am the honeysuckle. I wish not to go into details.

I don't worry about what others think about me or what I do anymore.
Life is too fucken short and I cant please everyone nor can I live in accordance
to what other thinks how I should live.

Maybe I've have had enough of being miserable. My life is not perfect
nor even close to how I want and wish it to be. But it is getting better
and I'm enjoying it and having as much fun as i can. Doing the best I can with
what I have. I don't need all the answer nor want all the answers.

I love Michelle very, very much as U know.
I'm grateful we have what we have at the moment.

Anywho...I still attend my support groups. This helps me or prevents
me from going into total isolations. Though sometimes I want to stab
some fucken people's eyes out. Building my tolerance level of being around people.

On a good day...I think people are fucken retarded and life is retarded in general.
I can't run with it for too long. I do allow myself to process my thoughts and feelings
about these matters. Then I simply just let them go. I don't judge myself nor think
there's anything wrong with me for having these thoughts and feelings.
I feel what I feel...thoughts just pops into my mind, it's beyound my control.
It is however in my control to entertain it or not.
I'm not my thoughts or emotions...I AM ME. I'm the honeysuckle :)

I also have some close friends that I hang with. Not the light of the party
nor the center of attention. I enjoy my friends company. Just hanging out
or whatever...as I'm doing at the moment. I'm just hanging at my friends house
on the PC.

What has helped me was the Sedona methdoe.
Ultimate confidence by Dr. Robert Anthony.
Beyound Possitive thinking base off of Dr. Anthony's work.
I listen to thses recordings everyday. It's helping me alter my thinking and my life
instead of the old beliefs system that I was riased with.

My days are pretty bussied. Actually I must make it a piont to spend some alone time.
I simple stroll in the park or watching the sunset by myself for some solitude.

I enjoy reading on verious subject matters which also require alone time.
I enjoy playing or writting music...this too require alone time.
I am better at balancing my social activities and alone time.

I actaully don't feel alone nor lonely anymore.
My heart still yearn for Michelle. She's the love of my life.
I don't care what others thinks nor say about this matter.
It's my heart. It's my love. I'll love whoever i want and give my heart to who I want. I love her.
The peace that we have between us is more than what we had last year.
I know that she still loves me. This makes life barable for a while.
I can hold my head up each day and breath...sometimes even smile.
I still don't pray...maybe she's praying for my soul.

I wish you well. I wish and hope whatever your heart desire comes true for you.

P.S. I make beautiful babies..if you're wondering or considering :p
As a bonus I can tap the G like a mad man....

Just_Some_Dude said:
...guys are beating down your door!
goo.gif

Badjedidude said:
Tactically.

goo.gif
goo.gif

grainofrice24 said:
...gets as much good lovin' as they **** WELL PLEASE!! ***And pancakes. Don't forget about the heart-shaped pancakes.

goo.gif
goo.gif
goo.gif

Brian said:
Alternatively, select the 'Crazy Sweaty Service Worker Affair' package, and I will kick in your door, medical bag and oxygen kit strapped across my somewhat-broad, glistening pectorals, and I will begin some....resuscitative care.

*adjusts tie*

Somehow, my fireman fantasies always play out like this for me:

image001k.png

Sean said:
Luna

Don't give up!

Pair-O-Dox said:
HURAH! Where's the nearest recruiting office?

goo.gif
goo.gif

@LC and Eris - I love how direct you two are. No beating around the bush.
Sophie - ^-^​

Anyway, you all make me...

gooo.png

*Crawls back into the woodwork*

Physical, sexual congress has not occurred, yet I feel that this time, DO-IT has done it's job.

Back to HQ, boys!

QUICK, GET TO DAH CHOPPA!!

blackhawk.jpg

I am 53, and have had sex with two men since away from my X in the last 7 1/2 years. Since I have mental illness and am disabled since 1985, I have been on singles sites and men run as soon as they hear that. Also, due to where I live, and the fact that I don't drive, I feel I am doomed forever for not only a life of celibacy, but a life without any dates. I am coping by saying that I have good memories in the past, but it is depressing when I allow myself to get out of denial and think about it.

I find the rules of how to live a Celibate life quite strange, people who are celibate generally are due to choose, they don't follow strict rules as if each rule is such a chore if that is that case its just means they don't want to be celibate but are for the moment. Why constrain yourself to a life of Celibacy if that's not really what you want.

Tiger lily said:
I find the rules of how to live a Celibate life quite strange, people who are celibate generally are due to choose, they don't follow strict rules as if each rule is such a chore if that is that case its just means they don't want to be celibate but are for the moment. Why constrain yourself to a life of Celibacy if that's not really what you want.

Because some people don't have a choice. And temptation being waved in your face can be quite maddening.

That is a very drastic choice that can change your entirely life and you've just turned to it after a few experiences... Please, please, consider it again and try to be more opened to your environment. I know it's easier said than done, but please don't take big decisions that can potentially harm your adult life like this.

Best wishes. And sorry to hear, Sophia, best wishes for you as well.

Latest posts

Back