i give up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phant0m

Reaction score
Well, first a little background

I recently just moved out of my parents house at the age of 33 for the first time ever a few months back. I decided to move to a big city, where I know no one and didn't have a job lined up. I had a lot of money saved up and have been living as thrifty as I can.

I'm lost all motivation to do what I used to for my line of work (dont want to say what it is) because the jobs aren't out there and you have to be a **** pro, its not enough to be good, you have to be exceptional. I do have a crap job lined up that will start in Oct, but I pretty much sit inside all **** day. I've gone to a few group things in town, some support groups and thats about it. I've lost all motivation to do anything but just surf the web a bit now. I've tried online dat!ng sites and persona| ads, but they haven't resulted in any real luck. A few women seemed kinda cool, but they seem to dislike people and do not want to do anything, I guess they just want to txt message or something.

I dont regret moving or resigning my job, but its been a hell of a lonely year, my worst ever. But I'm like giving up pretty much what I used to do for work and the online dat!ing sites (i'll keep my prof!le on there though). I need several miracles to pull my life together and its not gonna happen. :(

I say that same line and people tell me, -- other people aren't gona bring you a miracle, you have to make the miracle happen yourself, bla bla

Avengard said:
other people aren't gona bring you a miracle, you have to make the miracle happen yourself, bla bla

People tell you that because it's the truth.

Miracles don't just magically happen. If you want to experience that crap, go watch The Notebook, or Dear John.

Changing one's life and creating a new situation for yourself takes a FUCKLOAD of hard work and determination... and if you can't work up the resolve to change, then deep down, you must not want to change very badly. It only makes sense that if you REALLY wanted to make a better life for yourself, you would TRY TRY TRY and never give up.

*shrug*

But maybe I'm just oldskool.

Sometimes it's good to give up. Or just take a break. Especially when it comes to things like dating. You can end up stressing yourself out and getting bitter when you spend too much time and effort on finding a date. Take a break, breathe, relax, and focus on something else for a while. You'll feel a lot better once you're ready to jump back into it.

Badjedidude said:
Avengard said:
other people aren't gona bring you a miracle, you have to make the miracle happen yourself, bla bla

Miracles don't just magically happen. If you want to experience that crap, go watch The Notebook, or Dear John.

Changing one's life and creating a new situation for yourself takes a FUCKLOAD of hard work and determination... and if you can't work up the resolve to change, then deep down, you must not want to change very badly. It only makes sense that if you REALLY wanted to make a better life for yourself, you would TRY TRY TRY and never give up.

I know you have to make it happen, I'm just venting but when every-****-thing you do fails, in all areas, life, dating, work, family, etc... how long can you keep f-ing going? I pretty much lost all motivation to practice my trade for my job, all my hobbies I had I pretty much lost to depression, why?

because if I'm all alone, nothing is worth doing, nothing, I just lost any **** motivation to do things I used to, dont get me wrong there are some things I'm am still trying but sometimes you have to let go of somethings to focus on others or new ways

phant0m said:
Badjedidude said:
Avengard said:

I know you have to make it happen, I'm just venting but when every-****-thing you do fails, in all areas, life, dating, work, family, etc... how long can you keep f-ing going? I pretty much lost all motivation to practice my trade for my job, all my hobbies I had I pretty much lost to depression, why?

because if I'm all alone, nothing is worth doing, nothing, I just lost any **** motivation to do things I used to, dont get me wrong there are some things I'm am still trying but sometimes you have to let go of somethings to focus on others or new ways

If you are depressed, get treatment for your depression. Don't just sit there and let it defeat you. :/

Sophia, you seem to think that therapy and treatments work all the time for everything. It doesn't always work. It's more complicated than going to see a therapist. And it's easier said than done for a lot of people.

VanillaCreme said:
Sophia, you seem to think that therapy and treatments work all the time for everything. It doesn't always work. It's more complicated than going to see a therapist. And it's easier said than done for a lot of people.

It's better than not trying at all and just sitting there wishing things were better.

SophiaGrace said:
VanillaCreme said:

It's better than not trying at all and just sitting there wishing things were better.

I agree. If you want to change your life situation then you should at least make an effort and if getting help for depression is the first step, then do it. I know from experience that the more you sit around thinking, the more you just want to sit around and think. Then you get even more depressed and less motivated until before you know it, you're spending every day in bed wishing that you could sleep forever.

...I know, sounds pretty miserable. My point is though that it's okay to rant and rave about how much life sucks, but don't complain if you're willing to sit there and let life throw it all at you.

Latest posts

Back